The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Minor update

By on June 3, 2009 10:11:49 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1437

The team got us a minor update today that improves connectivity. They also identified an issue in the lobby where a user exiting the lobby can cause a game error. We consider it pretty serious. It’s been there for awhile and it revolves around timing and the type of connection and various other things but in a mixed gaming environment it happens enough to be a major issue IMO. So now that we’ve identified the cause, it’s gone up the priority list.

GPG also got us an update tonight (that wasn’t able to go in the build) that improved some of the command queueing and following a demigod. I haven’t got to try it yet. There’s a lot of moving parts as you can imagine that kind of thing. 

But the big thing about tonight’s update is improvements in connectivity between a user who is using the proxy server and users who are not.

For next week, I am hoping we have the intelligent proxy handling in in which it will choose the proxy server closest to you.  Once we do that, we’re going to seriously evaluate whether to just have it proxy by default (right now, it only uses proxy servers if you set /serverproxyonly as a parameter in the short-cut) since people are reporting that proxies largely eliminate connectivity for people who have problems.

Locked Post 38 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 4, 2009 9:39:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
There are proxy servers in Australia and Europe. But the game doesn't see them yet.

Why not let the user just pick the proxy server... "/proxy:europe" ... it's alot simpler then adding geo-locating code. Also the proxies should by default be used if no connection can be established.

June 4, 2009 10:16:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just have to ask... did you seriously release this game in a pre-beta stage?

June 4, 2009 11:02:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Soylent,

Brad has already addressed this here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/352561

And please don't ask questions only designed to elicit a negative response.

June 4, 2009 5:36:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. Were you?

June 4, 2009 7:18:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

No. Were you?

Awesome.

June 4, 2009 7:30:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah just backing up what was said before about being down here in Australia. None of my mates have the /serverproxyonly thing done and when we try to play just amongst us we get some people connecting via proxy, some via NAT, some not at all, it's all over the place. Hanging for these servers to become available down here you've made my day by putting servers close to home for us!

June 4, 2009 9:12:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another update is up!

Demigod v1.01 (1.01.105 on Impulse)
--------------------------------

- Fix chasing issue when using an ability targeting a moving target.
- Fix inability to alt-F4 to leave the game from front end menus.

June 4, 2009 11:13:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The ability bug i think is finally fixed. Played 2 hours and didn't encounter anything. Good job, i guess...

June 5, 2009 12:31:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/355053/#2243746

Random Disconnects with the new patch

June 5, 2009 12:19:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
No. Were you?

That's hilarious. You really insult paying customers?
If you can't take criticism of a product that you've made and charge people for, then you need to chill out and stay off the forums.

June 5, 2009 2:26:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He made a joke... if you can't handle jokes... maybe the internets isn't your thing...

June 5, 2009 10:38:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soylent,

Frogboycomment 29No. Were you?
That's hilarious. You really insult paying customers?
If you can't take criticism of a product that you've made and charge people for, then you need to chill out and stay off the forums.

Did you honestly expect him to just take your insult?  If you did, then you don't know that much about Frogboy.

You only insult him or Stardock if you are ready to take what you dish out.

If you can't take a simple comeback in response to what you said, I think it is better if you just leave and don't come back.

June 6, 2009 3:59:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This last patch was a step in the wrong direction, I think

Pantheon: lot of disconnetions (from player how will win the game, so not rage quits), if it take longer than about 20 sec to connect to the other players the game drops one player before game started, or stucked at the loading screen -> u have to close game over task manager to get out -> but game is counted as a loss on your game list

Yesterday I have 7 games on my list, but only played 2

and last but not least there are still games with uneven numbers of human players (without anyone disconnecting) -> team with AI have an instant loss which is really disappointing

and please give as one thing -> if the last human opponent leaves the game -->  end of game and instant win (without earning exp-points but getting favor points)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.