The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Elemental Alpha Plans

By on June 3, 2009 5:33:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Draginol

Join Date 03/2001
+102

As some of you know, the Elemental Beta 0 got nixed due to us needing to throw developers onto Demigod to help GPG and Raknet with the online experience.  The team is starting to migrate back and we’re all glad to be back on Elemental but we did lose some time.

But we are still pushing to have an Alpha build on June 25th to give out.  It’ll be cloth map only (so what you see in the above screenshot won’t be in the alpha series and the betas will look a lot better than what you see above too). 

For the alpha series we’re only going to select around 100 people to be in it.  It’ll be a lottery.  Picture a big hat with players getting for each Stardock game they' have – GalCiv, Sins of a Solar Empire, Demigod who have also pre-ordered Elemental.  The team is also pre-selecting about two dozen people who have been really helpful in the past from the community to be in it as well. 

We’re pretty excited because we plan to do this somewhat differently than other builds.

Locked Post 131 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 3, 2009 5:40:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well it looks already good (but the link for the full size picture opens the thumbnail version)!

Oh damn, I hope that kind of lottery won't create fights between community members...

Edit: News added on Elemental War of Magic Fan Site http://www.elementalgame.info

June 3, 2009 5:44:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My odds are looking good... Thanks for all the updates.

June 3, 2009 5:46:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I actually really like the cartoony graphics, although better is always better- as long as we can do a lot of deforming the world, etc.

Also I too would like to see that pic full sized.

June 3, 2009 5:54:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm lets count:

Galciv 1
Galciv 1 AP
Galciv 2
Galciv 2 DA
Galciv 2 TA
SINS
SINS Entrenchment
Demigod
Corporate machine
Political machine
Lightweight Ninja

At least i'm filling the hat

Does this make me a fan-boy?

Not that it matters me much, but does we get billed when we enter alpha?

June 3, 2009 5:55:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sounds good.  Hope I get in.  I've got a good chance!

June 3, 2009 6:06:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ooo, I hope I get in!

And that screenshot looks like it could spawn sooo much speculation if only we had more than a thumbnail! (Although it'll probably spawn enough as small as it is ). For example, is that an ogre? And a swimming pool with a diving board?

June 3, 2009 6:12:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hopefully I get in, but I doubt I have the max chance.

Worst case I just wait a month.

June 3, 2009 6:16:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update Frogboy. Here's hoping you guys make the June 25th estimate, because that'd be very awesome!

June 3, 2009 6:18:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pigeonpigeon,
And that screenshot looks like it could spawn sooo much speculation if only we had more than a thumbnail! (Although it'll probably spawn enough as small as it is ). For example, is that an ogre? And a swimming pool with a diving board?

and why would i provide trees as cover for an army attacking my walls?

June 3, 2009 6:26:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so what you see in the above screenshot won’t be in the alpha series
I love this. "So here's all the features you won't get to use!" Also, how many actual people are in this lottery? (How many times do I need to purchase the other games? )

June 3, 2009 6:34:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought you were a poor fox

June 3, 2009 6:42:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought you were a poor fox
I am. I was going to use your money.

June 3, 2009 6:44:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, well in the case.. hey, waitaminute!

June 3, 2009 6:45:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

PreOrdered GC2, GC2: DA, Sins, DG, and Ele... I'm feeling pretty good.

June 3, 2009 6:50:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, once you eliminate all the helpful people by getting them in early, the chances for the rest of us go up!

What do you mean that you plan to do this differently then others?

June 3, 2009 7:15:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting imirk,

and why would i provide trees as cover for an army attacking my walls?

I guess that would depend on whether you've used life magic to animate those trees and make them strangle/crush/eat any trespassers foolish enough to come near them.

June 3, 2009 7:21:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pigeonpigeon,
And a swimming pool with a diving board?

A lake with a pier?

June 3, 2009 7:24:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

But we are still pushing to have an Alpha build on June 25th to give out.  It’ll be cloth map only (so what you see in the above screenshot won’t be in the alpha series and the betas will look a lot better than what you see above too). 

We’re pretty excited because we plan to do this somewhat differently than other builds.

It is an opportunity to be different since, for one, the feedback is limited with what is able to be provided. Of course that getting our hands on the new jewel in any shape or form is more than enough incentive at the moment. I'll be curious to see what is going to be done in that initial stage.

June 3, 2009 8:31:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, I wonder what qualifies as "really helpful in the past"....previous beta bug busters? What would I need to do to be considered helpful? Stop posting so much? You got it!

Obviously we are all dying to get in - I have all three GC2, and SoASE - hopefully that gives me a decent shot. I hope being on these forums counts for something - would suck for someone to get invited to alpha who had bought a lot of the other games but wasn't following EWOM....with so many people here that would give up body parts, maybe even important ones, to get in!

Good luck everyone! (As long as you don't get my spot!)

June 3, 2009 9:05:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can't wait! 

June 3, 2009 9:13:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice to know, I can't wait to get some more concrete info on Elemental if I don't get lucky.  I never win lotteries, everything else however I almost never lose.  

June 3, 2009 11:00:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the updated plan.  Bummer things will be so selective, but I completely understand and will hope my purchases and help might get me in the door.

How long until Beta 0 do you think?  And will those in the Alpha group have to sign an NDA, or can they share their impressions freely?

June 3, 2009 11:37:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have HEARD that StarDock doesn't put beta testers under NDA, the beta is fairly open to anyone that wants in (all they have to do is preorder) and I am sure they want to build maximum buzz. That is not official, I know I have heard someone somewhere say there is no NDA with SD betas tho.

Do NOT take that to the bank.

June 4, 2009 12:44:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Denryu,
I have HEARD that StarDock doesn't put beta testers under NDA, the beta is fairly open to anyone that wants in (all they have to do is preorder) and I am sure they want to build maximum buzz. That is not official, I know I have heard someone somewhere say there is no NDA with SD betas tho.

Do NOT take that to the bank.

They don't NDA their public betas (the ones you pre-order to get into).  But their closed stuff, like the Sins 'gamma' testing, they do (hence why I'm currently under NDA with them).  Question is which 'role' this one falls under.

June 4, 2009 2:55:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The big question for me is: stimate date for beta? Or if you prefer: how long will alpha be? Some of us are destined to wait to the beta so... hmmm... at least we will get lots of screenshots and all that, right?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001359   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.