The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Towers Respawn on Zikurat

By on June 3, 2009 3:51:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was playing a LAN game last night (after 1.01 patch), 2 humans vs 5 nightmare AIs on Zikurat. My ally and I took out the left towers all the way to their portal. We destroyed the 3 towers around their portal and capped the portal. Things were looking good as we both alternated porting back and forth between our citadel and their portal and flag locking. We also captured the left gold mine (protected by archer towers).

However, something odd happened. After a while, ALL their towers respawned (aside from the two very first ones that the grunts run towards after coming out of the neutral portal). This seemed to coincide with one of their war effort increases (can't remember which one). This was immensely frustrating as we had to redo all our work over again (although they did not respawn again after a second time, although we didn't destroy all the same towers the second time around).

This is the first time it's happened to me, but it seems like a pretty huge bug, especially if it was an online match.

For the record, they were not Rook towers, as they were permanent and spawned all at the same time.

+4 Karma | 7 Replies
June 3, 2009 4:27:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did they really respawn or was it just the archer towers spawning naturally?

June 3, 2009 5:34:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

archer towers rise at lvl x

fortresses rise at lvl y

June 3, 2009 5:37:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

towers don't repawn, however new towers spawn, depending on map, when a certain war rank is reached. Just as Forts spawn when you get to war rank 6.

June 3, 2009 6:42:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the only towers i know that spawn are archer tower (3k life). these will show up as ur warrank increase. some of them are "linked" like on crubible. when u take down the 2 towers before they hit a certain warrank, they will not spawn. On Zikurat they will spawn anyways. im not sure if u describe a bug (with bug tower respawn, these with 5,6k hp) or u just ment those archer towers.

June 3, 2009 2:07:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm pretty certain these were LIGHT towers (well, Darkness towers in this case as the AI was Darkness) that spawned, not archer towers. This is because I remember immediately thinking MAYBE Rook was spawning towers really fast at my location, before realizing that it was impossible for Rook to have done that and noticing that all the towers were up. So I am sure this was not a simple archer tower spawn due to war rank.

June 3, 2009 2:37:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe it's another wonderfully under-documented 'feature' of the nightmare AI.

June 4, 2009 12:18:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

An update: So we were able to repeat this again. Apparently at warscore 4, new light/darkness towers spawn (which are awfully close to the old towers). So they're not respawns, but can seem like them when not watching closely.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.