The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.01 Released!

By on June 2, 2009 4:26:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Stardock has released an updated version of Gas Powered Games popular PC action/strategy game Demigod today.  In Demigod, players take on the role of a powerful demigod whose objective is to defeat similarly powerful opponents in a quest to ascend into the pantheon of the gods.

The game features single player tournaments and skirmish as well as a persistent on-line tournament where players can compete in ranked or unranked games in a variety of ways. 

The new version of Demigod has focused largely on significantly improving the on-line experience of Demigod based on player feedback.

Version 1.01 includes a host of new features and improvements to the game including:

• Improved on-line connectivity
  • Significantly improved computer AI
  • Better in game detection between those who quit a game versus those who get disconnected
  • Reduced bandwidth requirements
  • More robust storing of online statistics (favor points, achievements, rankings, etc.)
  • Better queuing of player actions in game.
  • Lots of misc. improvements

Demigod users can download the new version via Impulse.  Demigod is available at most retail outlets worldwide or via Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com ) for $39.95. 

To learn more about Demigod, visit www.demigodthegame.com .

+462 Karma | 56 Replies
June 2, 2009 9:33:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

I got a new error I never saw before (A message box came up saying "Desync error.") I had to keep clicking "OK" on this box every 5 seconds to keep playing. This was after several people either lagged out or exitted the game.

Desync errors are supposed to pop back up; it means not everyone is playing the same game for some reason.  The game, as are all RTS these days, is P2P at the computational level.  Every single RTS released these days is, must be, and will continue to be P2P at the computational, if not network, level.  Networking is how the game talks to other computers, computation is the actual game code.  When a rook rolls a hammer, what he does is tell everyone "OK, rolling hammer in direction XYZ", and then everyone calculates the rolling of that hammer, who is hit by it, etc etc.  A desync represents the game detecting that someone didn't make the same decision at some point.  It could be small (a single minotaur who didn't die on your machine but did on someone elses) or huge (a demigod that got away with 20HP vs. actually dieing).  Once the game desyncs, that's it, game over -- you have to restart.  (There are arguments that it should be possible to resync, but that's outside the scope of this discussion.  Simply put, it'd be nice, but not very practical)

Then it should just end the game when that happens...

June 2, 2009 10:56:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sigh..i still cant 3v3..still getting about 10k ping..=\

June 2, 2009 11:06:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont see how online connectivty and bandwith has been fixed at all. I see no improvement. I am still getting ridiculous ping even with 4 people in lobby. 10k ping. I was hoping this improvement would fix connection issues for lower end dsl subscribers (as was stated) but its the same thing lol. My upload is horrid but the significant drop of bandwith and improvement of connection should at least be noticable. Even for me. 

June 2, 2009 11:16:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-double post  

June 2, 2009 11:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

From the history log in impulse

Can someone explain these please?

- Added underlying code to attempt to rehost when players quit

- Connection refresh updates on player creation

This I like haven't tested it though.

- Disconnect dialog is no longer modal. It now allows player to access the menus and chat while it is showing.

Does this mean people with different version can play with each other?

- Modified exe version checking code so that both players need to use the /allowmismatch cmd line param in order to have mismatched exes play together.

Also the game seem to respond slower in the menus but have only tried once will restart comp and start try again.

Thank you for letting me hit ESC to skip all the intro movies.

June 3, 2009 2:40:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woo! Just played a 5vs5! Was great

June 3, 2009 3:11:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For me the patch has broken demigod moving! i'm standing with my UB near crystal, order action to move to right middle flag (path in "L" shape), UM go straight to clicked point... but stacks on the wall between towers and can't move forwar till i order to go to another (closer straight line) place. Happend once for now

June 3, 2009 6:27:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod users can download the new version via Impulse. Demigod is available at most retail outlets worldwide or via Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com ) for $39.95.

nice patch notes...

June 3, 2009 6:49:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool, now i can't connect to anyone.

GJ!

June 3, 2009 6:59:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

fuck this patch, can't connect to anyone... well done!

June 3, 2009 7:10:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only played a quick game in SP to test out my new upgraded computer and I gotta say that the AI was still pretty shocking. Running into towers, not using abilities, even going so far that I was able to triple kill 3 of them in a group (I was only level 10, not even artifacts involved). Was only playing on Hard 3v3 mind you.

June 3, 2009 7:53:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why does this have no balance changes? the idol exploit and thinks like that could at least be fixed.

June 3, 2009 9:51:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reduced bandwidth requirements

I see nothing of this.

I still can't play a 3on3 match without spiking.

I think it is because of my low upload (15kbps)

But I hoped it will be better with this patch...fail .

Please do something.

June 3, 2009 10:39:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

still can not connect with or without open ports with or without firewall!!!!!  

can someone plz inform me soon if there are going to be changes to the netcode that will fix this or i am doomed and will have to change isp to play the game?

know that i am one of the few that can not connect at all and guess u try to overhear me but i will keep shouting  

technical support have not answered for over a week now, guess they hoped 1.01 would fix all..... 

June 3, 2009 10:41:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sry forum issues...

June 3, 2009 11:28:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Congrats on the 1.01 milestone , my interest in the game has vanished over the last 2 weeks due to the TF2 update , maybe once some new maps / demigods are released that will change....

Sadly as is with many games, after the first month if it isn't great , most people just don't come back to it.

Also to the guy with 15kbps upload, get a new ISP, that upload speed was back in the 90's. There is NOTHING code wise to be changed to help you play better with such poor speeds. From my personal expereince 56kbps is the minimum upload speed to be able to play games online without lag.

June 3, 2009 11:57:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update worked really well for my 4 or 5 custom games last night.  Not much in the way of lag and surprisingly, only one person quit in all those games and I did not need to sit through the 30s disconnect.  My abilities seemed to fire every time I used them too, but I wasn't paying too much attention to that.

June 3, 2009 12:35:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having the worst connection issues since release.  Things were working very smooth before this update.  Now I can't hardly connect to any custom games, and when I do, it takes considerably longer.

June 3, 2009 1:44:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

still nothing better,same lag,same spikes,same quiters,and worst connection now,i dont understant what changed this patch,because everything is working badly...so wtf is happening?the game is dead if nothing changes,users will leave this game if they can't play,thats no fun to play half a game then other side just leaves......i have very strong conn but other guys dont conn in game...and too many fatal errors,the chat with friends is useless,but i like that now my lord erebus realy bites!

June 3, 2009 3:11:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now how about those new maps and demigods already ????????????(????????)????????????

June 3, 2009 3:16:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why did they remove the "exit to windows"-button?

June 3, 2009 3:17:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Congrats on finishing demigod.

June 3, 2009 5:00:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tbh, no positive changes for me either

sux, still the same lagspikes, still 50% of the players that I can't connect too, still high pings with friends who live around the block, etc etc

can't wait for 1.1

June 3, 2009 5:04:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Deleted post. I've posted at anger, ignore this post.

June 3, 2009 5:35:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good job guys, fixing bugs is not a trivial task.

So far online connectivity has been quite good for me, I played several lag free games last night.

I suspect that most of the people that are complaining and cursing about the patch haven't done much in their part.

Everyone playing online should open up ports 6100-6200, if they're not open. Disable your firewall, disable your antivirus software or atleast allow incoming connections for demigod. If this does not improve your experience you might be having an ISP problem.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.