The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Secret of Monkey Island Fans?

By on June 1, 2009 4:48:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know there are TONS of Secret of Monkey Island fans out there, mingling with normal people, trying not to raise suspicion.  Well now there is no need to hide, come forward brothers and sisters, now is our time:

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

+24 Karma | 15 Replies
June 1, 2009 4:52:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OH

MY

GOD

Yes my name is Guybrush Threepwood and I want to be a pirate!

June 1, 2009 4:56:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My sister and i played monkey island all the time back in the day, love that game.

June 1, 2009 5:02:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Acchhhhh! Spit-oooo-eee!

June 1, 2009 5:16:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Easily one of the best games ever. I'm excited about both the episodic Telltale games and the special edition Lucasarts is releasing.

June 1, 2009 7:00:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh yes, I'm so sold. A new Monkey Island game and from a quality developer at that. This really takes me by surprise.
2009 is going to cost me a lot of money.

June 1, 2009 7:20:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, cool! So glad you posted this thank you.

June 2, 2009 10:58:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

! Guybrush ! !

June 2, 2009 11:16:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Insert DVD #149?

June 2, 2009 2:18:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Did anyone else catch this part?

"Following the tradition of Telltale Games, Tales of Monkey Island will be episodic, a five-part series set to be released monthly (more or less.)"

I don't know about anyone else but this already irks me.  When I buy a game, I want the whole damn game, not just dribs and drabs released to me per the developers whims. 

Other games have add-ons such as entrenchment for SOASE which is fine because SOASE is a complete game on it's own, but something about this development schedule imposed on the buyer just rubs me wrong.  Might just have to wait until the whole thing is released.

June 2, 2009 2:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ashain, did you ever play the episodic Sam and Max games by Telltale? They're full games that continue a story, they're just a bit shorter and always cheaper. I think they were around 20$ per on release and now you can get a full season for around that much.

June 2, 2009 2:51:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting rigphoria,
Ashain, did you ever play the episodic Sam and Max games by Telltale? They're full games that continue a story, they're just a bit shorter and always cheaper. I think they were around 20$ per on release and now you can get a full season for around that much.

No, honestly before today i've never actually heard of Telltale, so I profess my total ignorance on them in general.  But in trying to read your post you say they're "$20 per on release"... does that mean $20 per episode or for the entire game, because the first sounds like a nice bargain and the other a complete ripoff...

June 2, 2009 3:04:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the entire season is only $34.95, that's for 5 episodes.  They will be released with roughly a month between each.  It just means each one will be it's own little mini story but there will be an overall story going on no doubt concluded with the final episode.  Having played the Sam and Max episodes the quality is good, I just hope they capture that SoMI atmosphere and humour just right.

Although I can't garauntee it if you play through all 5 episodes you will have probably played more hours than most full priced retail games, as long as you don't cheat

Of course I'm mega excited about the Special Edition of SoMI aswell, hopefully they will sell enough that they redo SoMI 2 aswell so remember that any pirates out there who would want to see any future versions

June 2, 2009 4:57:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Haree78,
Well the entire season is only $34.95, that's for 5 episodes.  They will be released with roughly a month between each.  It just means each one will be it's own little mini story but there will be an overall story going on no doubt concluded with the final episode.  Having played the Sam and Max episodes the quality is good, I just hope they capture that SoMI atmosphere and humour just right.

Although I can't garauntee it if you play through all 5 episodes you will have probably played more hours than most full priced retail games, as long as you don't cheat

Of course I'm mega excited about the Special Edition of SoMI aswell, hopefully they will sell enough that they redo SoMI 2 aswell so remember that any pirates out there who would want to see any future versions

I read somewhere that it was 2-4 hrs of play per episode depending on how good you were at puzzles.  Also they said that they have quite a few of the original writers for the game, so hopefully it should be as good.

June 3, 2009 6:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I loves the Monkey Island games.......ooh memories....take me back to the Apple II days....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.