The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod 108 Hour Work Week - Part 2

By on June 1, 2009 10:28:05 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Last week, we showed Part 1 of the Demigod behind the scenes documentary, and Part 2 is now ready.  This latest video was recorded in the early morning hours with some of the game and Impulse team.

+437 Karma | 38 Replies
June 1, 2009 10:32:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice. I've been waiting for this.

June 1, 2009 10:53:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I can't help but wonder if the Stardock Kool-aid is grape or cherry...

June 1, 2009 11:50:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well soem beta tester did anticipated that

June 1, 2009 11:55:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't help but wonder if the Stardock Kool-aid is grape or cherry...

It's Great Bluedini.

June 1, 2009 12:06:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good.

June 1, 2009 12:13:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol frogboy is so socially awkward.. its hard to watch.

June 1, 2009 12:26:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol great stuff frogboy, keep it up!

June 1, 2009 12:30:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not on the video other than voice.

June 1, 2009 12:30:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this behind the scenes stuff. Really tears down that "Big Company that just wants your money" stereotype Wall.

Do any of these exists for Elemental yet?

June 1, 2009 1:05:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Stardock didn't develop the netcode, then who did?  And why didn't they bust their rumps to fix it?

June 1, 2009 1:09:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man you guys make me wanna finish college even faster so I can get out and start working on stuff like this. Keep up the great work!

June 1, 2009 1:20:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Stardock didn't develop the netcode, then who did?
It was originally licensed from Raknet, but SD didn't test it as well as they thought they did, and so it didn't scale as well as they thought.

And why didn't they bust their rumps to fix it?
Faster and simpler for SD to do it.

June 1, 2009 1:20:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dude, that video was awsome... I remeber when I had crunch time in college and I programed all night... my productivity went to about 10% of normal around 3-4am, lol

June 1, 2009 1:21:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Stardock didn't develop the netcode, then who did?  And why didn't they bust their rumps to fix it?

My understanding is that they licensed raknet (as opposed to Gamespy arcade or other services) to provide the connection server and Gas Powered Games developed the in game net code.

As to why Stardock busted their own rumps to fix it, I would speculate that they believed (correctly it seems) that it would be quicker for them to code their own solution than work with others.

June 1, 2009 2:00:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Another insightful video guys nice.

hope you can all get some sleep soon lol.

June 1, 2009 2:01:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting themadmanazn,
Dude, that video was awsome... I remeber when I had crunch time in college and I programed all night... my productivity went to about 10% of normal around 3-4am, lol

sfter staying up over 24 hours and writing code for our prof to check if we had started on our program, after sleeping, turning the outline in, and continueing to work on it, i realized it was the buggiest thing i had ever written.

June 1, 2009 2:02:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting landzin,

Quoting themadmanazn, reply 13Dude, that video was awsome... I remeber when I had crunch time in college and I programed all night... my productivity went to about 10% of normal around 3-4am, lol

sfter staying up over 24 hours and writing code for our prof to check if we had started on our program, after sleeping, turning the outline in, and continueing to work on it, i realized it was the buggiest thing i had ever written.

Quoted because it has happened to me and will happen to me in the future.

June 1, 2009 2:18:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its ok to be jelous that you will never get the chance to be on camera like Frogboy. No need to take it out on him 

Nice documentary

June 1, 2009 4:12:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Carrie sounds like a super hero.. "I cant let bad things happen"

awesome

oh and I want some Kool-aid

June 1, 2009 5:54:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man, none of them said money..What liars.

Btw, what's up with the american flag?  I thought you guys were canadian.

That video was pretty akward though, sounds fun though.

June 1, 2009 6:02:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOLz at the answers to why are you here at 4:xx am... 

You know why? The origional network code was EPIC FAIL, and because the boss asked me to help out and I am not gonna say no, lol. 

June 1, 2009 8:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will be a happy man if 1.01 finally lets me connect to people.

*has 0% connection online.

June 1, 2009 9:36:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy and his cult ..... tomorrow the world.

June 1, 2009 9:56:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These videos are about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

June 1, 2009 11:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man, none of them said money..What liars.

What money?  As someone else pointed out, they are on a salary not a wage.  So they get paid 20K (30K, 40K, whatever the ammount is) a year, period the end.  And with their job "not on the line" (to quote Frogboy), money isn't an issue.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000640   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.