The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My router does not support UPnP?

By on June 1, 2009 12:45:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Apparently I took Microsoft's internet test thingy... And everything past except UPnP, and I swore I've seen UPnP being mentioned before. If my router doesn't support UPnP, I suppose I can't play Demigod?

Looks like it has something to do with ports. My ports have been forwarded but portchecks show that it was never opened.

Refund is not an option as I bought mine from a stingy retail store.

So I guess I'll just play SP. Forever.

I'll NEVER EVER buy anything to do with P2P, ever again.

0 Karma | 3 Replies
June 1, 2009 1:31:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AFAIK Demigod does not use uPnP. If you opt to not forward the ports manually (or can't), the game will use either NAT traversal or proxies.

If you bought the game at North America retail within the past 30 days, you can get a refund directly from us. Contact [email protected] for details if you want to go that route.

June 1, 2009 1:45:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you tried the proxy guide yet mate? I made a pretty good one.

I say try this as your last resort. If this doesn't help i don't think much will. (It only takes like 5 mins to set this up so .. up to you!)

I posted this in another thread to help a user but as i browse the 3 different areas to report issues on the forums i see alot of people with issues connecting ... yet it doesn't sound like they are using them proxies! You have to set it up ... yes YOU have to set it up .... Stardock put the servers up you have to tell your client to use em!!!

Follow this step-by-step guide and you will be rdy in 5 mins! .

Follow these pics step by step!

1)

Open impulse and right click Demigod and click "Open application folder"

2)

Go to the "bin" folder.

3)

Right click on Demigod and make a shortcut to your desktop.

4)

On the desktop right click the icon and go to Properties.

5)

In the Demigod "target" box you will see...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe" (OR SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR. DEPENDS ON YOUR OS.)

Change it to this ...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe" /serverproxyonly

(Just basically after the end " just put a space and put /serverproxyonly).

Hit apply and ok and then run demigod from your desktop from now on to open it.

Note: You MUST LAUNCH DEMIGOD EVERYTIME FROM THIS ICON. NOT FROM IMPULSE OR IT WONT PROXY YOU. WHEN DEMIGOD NEEDS A UPDATE IT WILL TELL YOU IN-GAME TO OPEN IMPULSE AND UPDATE WHEN YOU CLICK THE "INTERNET" BUTTON IF REQUIRED. ONLY USE IMPULSE TO UPDATE THE GAME. ICON TO LAUNCH IT.

Please also note... This WILL NOT fix Pantheon and Skirmish games (The matchmaking issue) because that is broken on Stardocks/GPG's end. Nothing we can do about it except wait for a fix...

Ok im done. Enjoy .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-E8UlrF_9o

June 1, 2009 4:45:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I heard the proxies are only for players in Americas, and no, I don't live in America. I've heard that proxies for other areas will be patched in soon, so I'll wait.

Either way I did try the proxies and it didn't work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.