The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Suggestion: In-Game Kudos

Recognition for players who stick with it.

By on May 31, 2009 12:15:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woulden't it be nice if you could give a thumbs up to players who stick it out and don't quit or concede, or even just if you had a great game with them and they were good sports.

The reason why I bring this up is cause I just had a devistating match with a couple of people who me and my team mate were sure were gonna rage quit. But, they didn't and they tried their hardest even when drowning under the weight of Giants. We wanted to give them a pat on the back and a good show for sticking with it right to the end.

Although it might be obsolete by the time Concedeing matches is implamented, it would be nice to be able to 'up vote' a player for good conduct and sport. (no down-votes, as that'd enable abuse. Only up-votes.)

+8 Karma | 6 Replies
May 31, 2009 11:57:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe an upvote would give them 10 extra favour or something.

June 1, 2009 2:47:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it would be nice if Impulse had a reputation tracker similar to Forum Karma or seller rep on Ebay. that way when you gave someone a GG at the end of a match you'd really mean it since it would show up on their player record. 

June 3, 2009 3:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly! Last night I had a VERY good game, we pushed back and forth at least twice. It came down to a loss on my side, but it came so close to a win/loss for both sides a few times that it was a great experiance and a lot of fun.

For times like this I really wish I could give kudos.

June 3, 2009 3:21:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One of the problems with stuff like that is the fact that people give kudos for all sorts of reasons... Chaosnaska (sp?) had a pretty high (in the 20s) karma rating as a result of people supporting his trolling.

June 3, 2009 4:21:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plus, you'd never know if someone had a low rating because they're bad sports or because they're new. What's wrong with actually telling people you thought they did well? Admittedtly it'll be easier when we can type at the end of game screen (or how about this, letting us go back to the lobby togther instead of having to quit?), but I have gotten complements for doing well from the other team... of course, only when I'd lost anyway. The losing side tends to be much less complimentry.

June 3, 2009 8:03:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

an idea would be for an in game Karma system (like u said) so that when u meet someone you like you give them the good old   which builds as they meet more people that they like.  however there would also need ot be button to take away given karma... so if you met the same person again but time he's a right dick you can take back the karma you have to them.  then their karma goes down... but not from abuse.

then like SolaceAvatar was saying about new players with very little karma you could have a total gained and current karma like: 15/21 (<--- where 15 is how much they have now.. and 21 is how much they have aquired)  this way you know how much a dick theyy have been to previous accepting people.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.