The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Tale of Two Beasts

By on May 29, 2009 5:09:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is a guide, in two sections, on the two most prominent and effective playstyles for Unclean Beast. this is obviously just the way I play these builds, but its not so different from the mainstream. minor variations are to be expected but for the most part what I will discuss in this guide is very close to the concensus of good players. 

Build 1: Spit and Run Beast

strengths: 

- extremely strong early game

- great harrassing abilities

- good building destroying ability

- very fast

weaknesses:

- less durable than other builds of beast

- below average creep farming for most of the game

- requires good mana regen to reach peak efficiency

- effectiveness trails off during endgame, will have to develop a secondary strategy after level 10

Skill Order:

1- Venom Spit 1

2 - Inner Beast 1

3 - Diseased Claws 1

4 - Venom Spit 2

5 - Post Mortem

6 - Foul Grasp 1

*** first major item checkpoint, mana costs of Foul Grasp and Venom get high, will need a Vlemish Faceguard by now ***

7 - Venom Spit 3

8 - Inner Beast 2

9 - Inner Beast 3

10 - Venom Spit 3

*** second major item checkpoint, going to start developing Ooze now, going to need a good health item first ***

11 - Ooze 1

12 - Ooze 2

13 - Ooze 3

14 - Ooze 4

15 - Putrid Flow

16 - Acclimation

17-20 - doesn't matter much, finish Diseased Claws, get Stats, finish Foul Grasp, whatever

Item Buy Order:

out of the gates (will need the health and mana regen for lane staying power, swift anklet for hit and run ability)

- Favor Item: Swift Anklet

- buy Banded Armor

- buy Scaled Helm

first trip back (around level 6, priority now is getting enough speed and mana to severely harass enemies and towers with rank 3 Spit, which you'll get at level 7)

- buy Boots of Speed or Wand of Speed (either works, whatever you like)

- sell Banded Armor

- sell Scaled Helm

- buy Unbreakable Boots

- buy Vlemish Faceguard

second trip back (around level 10 or 11)

- buy Narmoth's Ring (its the best, nothing else will do at this level)

- buy Slayer's Wraps (optional, if you can afford it)

third trip back (whenever, preparing for end-game)

- strong damage gear or saving for an artifact is likely at this point. buy Slayer's Wraps if you haven't yet. buy a Mageslayer if you have enough gold for it. if you're really doing well you might even think about saving for Ashkandor, but thats ambitious. 

playstyle notes:

- you are a dedicated harrasser. you do not engage full health demigods ever. if you see someone at full health you Spit on them then get out. you'll come back 10-15 seconds later and see if you can get them with another spit or even finish them off. 

- you're a great ambusher and ganker. sneaking up on fights in progress and opening with a Spit+Grasp will net you alot of kills. your fast move speed will really help with this. consider using Teleport scrolls as well. ganking is one of your top priorities.

- your creep farming is mediocre at best, you'll gain alot of your experience/gold with Demigod kills and flag caps. therefore, don't spend time in a lane waiting for creeps. if you're alone in a lane, lock the flag, spit on the tower, then go somewhere else and start hunting for your next victim. 

- taking out towers is the best thing you can do with your time if there are no demigods around to harass. this build will give a generous mana supply so you should be able to spit on towers ALOT. 

- at level 11 you begin developing your endgame strategy, which is that you switch to Ooze. switch is wrong, you'll still use Spit quite alot but you'll ALSO use Ooze. you need this to break up those big endgame creep clusters. its also your best defense against endgame demigods. early in the game Ooze's health cost is bad, but late game you'll have enough health to support it very easily and you'll prevent way more damage with its attack speed debuff then you'll take from the Ooze itself.

- this build is tremendously good when supported by Sedna or Queen of Thorns. they can heal or shield you while you chase down weakened Demigods, improving your lethality by a large amount. Queen is especially good since she doesn't even have to be near you while you chase (Bramble Shield stays on) and she'll easily drop towers and creeps+minions to clear the path for you. 

specific DG strategies:

- Sedna's Heal Rank 3 will remove spit, she can cast this spell beginning at level 7. if you see a level 7+ Sedna, don't spit on her right away. wait until AFTER she casts a heal so you'll get the full duration from your spit. 

- Erebus' Mist will remove all debuffs. it will also pin him in mist form for a few seconds and he'll have a 5 second cooldown on Mist after he comes out of it again. when he mists just walk through him and get into his retreat path. you'll want to start clawing him once he comes out. if he has alot of mana he might stay in Mist for awhile so just leave, he's hard to harass so you can find a better target.

- Oak's Shield can cancel Spit. this is fine. you should still harass Oak if you can because Shield has a long cooldown so getting him to blow it at a bad time is your advantage. beware of him using it in Combat though to cancel your opening spit and outrace you in damage. 

- every other DG is quite susceptible to Spit so harass away. even if they run you can easily push them out of strategic locations with enough spit harassing and thus hold flags and drop towers. 

Build 2: Godzilla Monster Ooze Beast

special thanks: this build was inspired by Thranduil's Ooze build. i have modified it and made it my own, but his guide was the inspiration. it can be found here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/352763

strengths:

- very durable due to item choices

- great at clearing out minions and creeps due to Ooze

- very strong lategame

- above average creep farming 

- uses almost zero mana

weaknesses

- very health dependent, inherently extra sensitive to holding Health Flag and Regen Flag on maps that have these flags

- no ranged ability whatever. can be kited by ranged harassers that know what they're doing.

- terrible at destroying buildings

- slightly awkward early game, build takes off at level 7+

Skill Order:

1 - Ooze 1

2 - Diseased Claws 1

3 - Inner Beast 1

4 - Ooze 2

5 - Foul Grasp 1

6 - Post Mortem (not so important in its own right, but slightly useful, and you'll be getting Plague later so you need it anyway)

7 - Ooze 3

*** equipment checkpoint, will need hefty health pool at this point, aim for health around 5k or more by now ***

8 - Diseased Claws 2

9 - Inner Beast 2

10 - Ooze 4

11 - Plague 1

*** equipment checkpoint, should have as close to 6.5k health as possible at this point, can clear 7.5k with a health flag  ***

12 - Diseased Claws 3

13 - Inner Beast 3

14 - Foul Grasp 2

15 - Acclimation

16 - Plague 2

17-20 - doesn't matter. probably just stats, or Bestial Wrath maybe

item buy order:

out of the gates

- Favor Item: Blood of the Fallen

- Banded Armor

- Scalemail

first trip back (around level 4 or 5)

- buy Unbreakable boots. thats all you're getting now, high priority item since the health is great but you'll need the extra mana to be able to Foul Grasp a couple of times in a row. save the rest of your money, you'll be back again pretty soon

second trip back (around level 7)

- sell Scalemail

- buy Nimoth Chestguard

- buy Hauberk of Life (if you can afford it)

- alternate choice to Hauberk of life is Wyrmskin Handguards. the proc can be devasatingingly effective in keeping people in melee range of you, which is very high priority at this level since your Inner Beast and Diseased Claws are only at rank 1 right now.

third trip back (around level 10 or 11)

- buy Narmoth's Ring (accept no substitutes, this is a core item for this build, sell your Hauberk of Life or Banded Armor to get it if you have to)

fourth trip back (preparing for end-game)

- you're out of good options for affordable health stacking at this point and probably used up all you equipment slots anyway

- you can go down one of two paths at this point

i) save for Girdle of Giants, you'll sell your Banded Armor to make a slot for it, this will give you ridiculous health stacking (you'll probably be above 8k health) but only help your offense a little bit

ii) save for a strong offensive artifact, a Mageslayer is a good choice since the stacked life leech will produce very high survivability. Ashkandor is king if you can afford it. or you can go for Bracelet of Rage and keep all your passive slot artifacts in place

playstyle notes:

- you are a dedicated tank. you've got gigantic health and a very strong passive damage effect from Ooze. you'll surely win any head to head confrontation if someone is stupid enough to stand and fight you. the greatest challenge is keeping them in melee range. at later levels this is less of a problem as your Diseased Claws and Inner Beast takes care of that. but up until about level 13 it can be problematic. 

- you're not as fast as some other builds of Unclean Beast but still a little above average in speed (even without Boots or Wand). keep this in mind, your pursuit and escape abilities are not top of the line. if you start a fight plan to win it. you dont harass, you eat their face.

- buildings are your worst enemy. you have zero tools do deal with them other than your regular claw attacks. you can tank tower hits easily enough but you wont be a very good lane pusher. you are on the other hand a very good creep killer. go look for cross-roads where multiple creep waves gather, you can Ooze them all down at the same time. doesn't matter if you're being shot at by multiple towers you can take the heat.

- don't forget to TURN OFF THE DAMN OOZE when you're not hitting anything with it. you'll have naturally very high health regen because of your item choices so you can get back up to full health pretty rapidly if your Ooze is off. also, don't forget to turn it back on when you go into combat. 

- this build is tremendously good when supported by Regulus (ranged slows and burst damage, top of the line at killing runners) or Erebus (great pursuit ability and the Bite debuffs are extremely helpful to you). 

specific DG strategies:

- the biggest threat you'll face is a Tank build of Oak. minion builds are not a problem, they're less durable and the spirits die in the Ooze pretty quickly. its the Assassin Type build using a Tank Item build that will be problematic. he's one of the only DGs in the game that can stand toe to toe with you.

- melee emphasized builds of Rook can similarly be a challenge, but you can get a big edge with Plate of the Crusader. his shoulder arrow hits each have a chance to trigger it.

- you'll make a victim out of anything squishy. its possible with this build to have 2 to 3 times as much health as, for example, Torchbearer. you can kill him twice over by the time he'll kill you. 

- You can easily embarass Sedna. her minions will be melted by your Ooze. you have no abilities to speak of that she can Silence or Interrupt. the only real damage she'll be able to do to you is with Pounce and you have more than enough HP to survive her Pounces. she might be able to escape if she chooses, she can be hard to pursue. time your Foul Grasp accordingly. 

+66 Karma | 46 Replies
May 29, 2009 5:52:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im a decent ub player, and this guide is spot on, pure gold, insert virtual BJ here.

May 29, 2009 6:51:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Those are almost exact copies of my two favorite UB builds, very well laid out, nice guide.

Side note: I find it very useful as the ooze build to buy the wand of speed early as its affordable.  Allows you to make a few extra kills on demis that stay too close and even better allows you to get away from 2 on 1's or when you stayed just a little too long.

I need more play time to experiment more with these builds but you put down the basics quite well.  So far I like the first build slightly more as the early kills it almost always racks up allow you to gear up and become a monster faster.  Also you can usually with the extra kills afford enough good items so that switching to high health/regen after level 13-14 isn't too much of a problem.  You still have spit, you just use it a little less if you are having mana trouble.

May 29, 2009 9:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you for the compliments. +1 me if you like it. 

/shameless self-promotion. 

May 29, 2009 9:29:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think both of these builds are ineffective. I dont know about this concensus of good players. While yes, the differences are slight, slight differences are what makes or breaks you in this game.

its not worth getting diseased claws past level 1, the post mortem is iffy at best, everything else in that line sucks. build 1 is too fragile to be taking ooze mid / late game. if you're going to go ooze, thranduil's build and item choices are much more effective.

STATS - UB is hands down the demigod that benefits the most from the stats upgrades, i highly suggest you incorporate stats into both builds.

May 29, 2009 10:04:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thrandiul also maxes Diseased Claws. 

stats are potentially very good, i chose to get Plague instead for 2 reasons. first is gold farming. plague damage gets all over creeps and enemy dgs even if you havent really directly touched them. it will get you 25% damage threshold for "tapping" a creep and it will get you assists on demigods. second is the constant DoT will interfere with Heart of Life, which is a common and powerful item so i believe there's some merit to countering it with Plague. 

neither of my builds is ineffective though, they're just not precisely the way you play UB. 

May 29, 2009 10:15:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SubtleSalmon,
i think both of these builds are ineffective. I dont know about this concensus of good players. While yes, the differences are slight, slight differences are what makes or breaks you in this game.

its not worth getting diseased claws past level 1, the post mortem is iffy at best, everything else in that line sucks. build 1 is too fragile to be taking ooze mid / late game. if you're going to go ooze, thranduil's build and item choices are much more effective.

STATS - UB is hands down the demigod that benefits the most from the stats upgrades, i highly suggest you incorporate stats into both builds.

Diseased claw past rank 1 is fairly useful. Getting two ranks in it when you are going to get stats later anyway lets you keep demigods out of tower range longer while you are still too fragile and don't have the Ooze DPS to take sustained hits in towers and fight an enemy demigod at once. I'd rather put points in stats after I can survive towers, honestly, and there isn't anything else to buy for an Ooze UB (I mean, you could buy spit, but it eats up mana and you could be left without a foul grasp, which is very bad for you.)

May 29, 2009 10:33:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing around with an ooze UB a lot like the second build, but I usually only get one rank in plague and drop one rank in spit instead ( usually quite early too like pre-level 5), it means I can finish off runners who are getting too far behind towers or are escaping with wand of speed, it also means I can plink away at towers during early-game too.

May 30, 2009 12:48:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've played a much similar build to the health+ooze build.  It's fairly strong and it takes people buy surprise. With an extremely large health pool and the -40% attack speed debuff, you can outlast a lot of fights and at least get them to start running first.  There is one drawback and that's someone with a high armor build.  The ooze build gets most of damage from base attack and having your autoattack halved hurts.

May 30, 2009 12:53:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting castle9mm,
I've played a much similar build to the health+ooze build.  It's fairly strong and it takes people buy surprise. With an extremely large health pool and the -40% attack speed debuff, you can outlast a lot of fights and at least get them to start running first.  There is one drawback and that's someone with a high armor build.  The ooze build gets most of damage from base attack and having your autoattack halved hurts.

Even with stats, unless you are buying autoattack damage items, around 40% of the damage is from Ooze... at level 12, that figure is closer to 55% (and then I get 6 levels in stats and acclimation, so I get a bunch mroe autoattack damage.)

May 30, 2009 12:58:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You might wanna use Spit/Ooze instead of just spit or ooze. With unbreakable boots you'll have enough mana, and the DPS is beyond insane.

May 30, 2009 1:06:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

With unbreakable you don't have enough mana, trust me. You need a blade of the serpant to do more than like, 4 spits without going for mana items. I'd rather go pure Ooze and HP.

May 30, 2009 1:10:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, i had alot of trouble getting enough mana to use both Spit and Ooze. Unbreakable Boots really aren't enough, they just boost max mana not regen. and you get into a really awkward and bad situation if you try to squeeze in mana gear into a very health focused item build like the one I use for my Ooze build. 

May 30, 2009 1:34:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suppose you could skip Narmoth's Ring and go for Heart of Life... assuming you aren't facing other (spit) UB's, that should clear up your mana problems for a while while giving you an item that is still fairly effective at keeping your HP up.

But personally, I like going with Ooze. It's just less of a hassle than trying to juggle mana with spit + Ooze, and in the end you wind up slower (or relatively slower, if you skip out on diseased claws) and without the stat boost of an Ooze build.

May 30, 2009 3:43:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good guide, and thanks for putting a nice spin on the ooze build! 

If I could though, I'd like to question two things.  (I'd mention post mortem and plauge too but... meh, the good and bad reasons of choosing them sorta even each other out)  Firstly, why did you buy scalemale as a first item?  I assume you do it to help at the beginning, but you could easily replace that with a flag cap, tele scroll, or just save the money.  For an ooze UB, armor does nothing really.  (You have naturally high armor compared to other demigods anyways) 

Secondly, why is oak so troubling?  Honestly I have few problems with him or rook, but this could just be because I have yet to play a good assassin oak or melee rook.  If they have relatively the same health they will run out of mana fast, (because they replaced mana items with health items... ooze costing health is ftw) and if they have low health, well, they're sissies and easy to kill.

May 30, 2009 9:58:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 for ooze build

usually i dont take post mortem/plague, i take rest skills as you and + stats, but hey, i would be glad to try your skills pick

items r perfectly for this build, maybe different items for very experienced players who dont need many hp/hps items for ooze, everything is in playstyle and skill

May 30, 2009 11:30:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Milskidasith,

Quoting castle9mm,
reply 8

Even with stats, unless you are buying autoattack damage items, around 40% of the damage is from Ooze... at level 12, that figure is closer to 55% (and then I get 6 levels in stats and acclimation, so I get a bunch mroe autoattack damage.)

Using demidogdb.com, Ooze @ 10 does 140 DPS.  UB base autoattack with out stats or armor is 216 DPS.  That's 60% percent of damage coming from autoattack @ 12. Not including Inner Beast, stats or items.  You start adding those and base attack goes up dramatically, ooze stays @ 140dps. 

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing or not.  My point was, say you up your autoattack and you're @ 300dps base, going against a high armor build will nearly halve your base dps down to 160.  Not including other abilities which slow attack speed hurting base even further.

I'm just saying 300dps (ooze+mitigated base) is very lacking.   I play a modified version of Ooze and it's pretty tough and I love it.  But going up against Oak or Rook which has focused Armor, shuts me down.  QoT can be tricky as well since you don't have much burst she can keep Shield up fairly easily.

May 30, 2009 12:16:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting castle9mm,

Quoting Milskidasith, reply 9

Quoting castle9mm,
reply 8

Using demidogdb.com, Ooze @ 10 does 140 DPS.  UB base autoattack with out stats or armor is 216 DPS.  That's 60% percent of damage coming from autoattack @ 12. Not including Inner Beast, stats or items.  You start adding those and base attack goes up dramatically, ooze stays @ 140dps. 

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing or not.  My point was, say you up your autoattack and you're @ 300dps base, going against a high armor build will nearly halve your base dps down to 160.  Not including other abilities which slow attack speed hurting base even further.

I'm just saying 300dps (ooze+mitigated base) is very lacking.   I play a modified version of Ooze and it's pretty tough and I love it.  But going up against Oak or Rook which has focused Armor, shuts me down.  QoT can be tricky as well since you don't have much burst she can keep Shield up fairly easily.

Oak? I've never had trouble with armor focused Oak's... you still get a ton of damage just from Ooze, and he can't hit you for much damage. Rook can be trickier, but the flavor of the month is tower spam and nobody ever seems to do a build that switches out of that except at like level 19. QoT... not that tricky, because she has almost no DPS and is slower than you. You'll burn her mana and regen what little damage she can cause you very quickly.

Also, you have to factor in to your DPS calculations that around level 10, everybody has a good chunk of armor already, and that's without armor. The armor probably reduces y our attacks a fair bit, so your base attack is very similar to Ooze.

The basic thing is, you have a bigger HP pool than the other person, and are doing 140+X DPS (X being AA) to the person, while speed debuffing them and basically making it impossible for them to run, while they are doing .6 * Y+Z DPS (Y being AA, Z being skills) with a smaller HP pool. Even better, since you start out going all HP with UB you could probably swap the Hauberk of life for a Nimroth's chestplate and buy a scalemail to fill up that last slot sometime, and BAM! You've got the same armor as anybody else who isn't so far ahead of you they probably already won the game.

The UB + HP build is survivable for a reason; it does great DoT and has so much HP that opponenets with higher DPS still can't kill you, especially if you are packing a wand of speed and sigils of vitality.

May 30, 2009 12:30:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thrandiul,

Glad you like it. 

yes, as has been mentioned many players will prefer Stat Packages over certain other passive abilities. you can swap out Post Mortem, Plague 1, Plague 2, Diseased Claws 2, Diseased Claws 3, and Foul Grasp 2 and instead pick up all 6 Ranks of Stat Packages if you prefer it that way. it won't change the build very much, just change which passive effects you benefit from. 

Scalemail as a starting item is chosen for two reasons. first is that the attack speed debuff from Ooze is not very large at rank 1 so having additional protection from minions and demigod auto-attacks matters more in the early game than at any other time. second is that its cheap and you have enough money for it. you can get consumables instead and thats not a bad idea necessarily, but the Scalemail will resell for 80% of its value later so its almost a no less proposition to get it and the sell it for a better piece later.

Oak (the assassin build, not the spirits build) is trouble for the following reasons.

First, the Penitence debuff makes you much more vulnerable to getting spiked by outside sources of burst damage. this is a build that has high enough health that you can normally almost ignore walking through landmines or getting fireballed, but if you're penitenced that stuff will hurt much more. your ability to shrug off hits is greatly reduced. 2on1 is never a GOOD situation but with this high health build its sometimes a manageable one, but its never manageable if one of the opponents is Oak. 

Second, he can actually kill you. most of this comes from using rank 4 Shield and a Heart of Life. it will give him 6 seconds of attacking at full strength (immune to ooze debuff during the Shield) and will give him 1800 health and mana, which will be enough to outlast you most of the time. the solution you have to this trick is Foul Grasp. the stun will turn off heart of life. have to time it right though, if you do it wrong you'll probably lose. Last Stand is problematic too, you'll have to try and run from that. 

May 30, 2009 12:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Milskidasith,

The basic thing is, you have a bigger HP pool than the other person, and are doing 140+X DPS (X being AA) to the person, while speed debuffing them and basically making it impossible for them to run, while they are doing .6 * Y+Z DPS (Y being AA, Z being skills) with a smaller HP pool. Even better, since you start out going all HP with UB you could probably swap the Hauberk of life for a Nimroth's chestplate and buy a scalemail to fill up that last slot sometime, and BAM! You've got the same armor as anybody else who isn't so far ahead of you they probably already won the game.

The UB + HP build is survivable for a reason; it does great DoT and has so much HP that opponenets with higher DPS still can't kill you, especially if you are packing a wand of speed and sigils of vitality.

I'm pretty sure we're agreeing on the same points.  I do believe a high HP focus has great synergy with Ooze build.  No need to balance for mana gear/abilities.  Maybe I've just been out played but I do pretty well most of the time but every now and again I'll come up against someone that just stomps my dick in the dirt.  Sigils are amazing and I always have one for emergencies and a Robust health as backup.  I'm stting @ 6500 HP, 1500 armor at level 10 with pots/sigil as emergency.  I know I can outlast the majority of demigods. 

My point is that there are counters. This is just another viable way to play UB but don't give the impressions that it's a steamroll everytime.  That's what causes people to rage quit so much.  They can't accept that someone might be a better player or have are a counter to their uber build.  It's always "X is OP".

May 30, 2009 1:51:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting castle9mm,

Quoting Milskidasith, reply 17

I'm pretty sure we're agreeing on the same points.  I do believe a high HP focus has great synergy with Ooze build.  No need to balance for mana gear/abilities.  Maybe I've just been out played but I do pretty well most of the time but every now and again I'll come up against someone that just stomps my dick in the dirt.  Sigils are amazing and I always have one for emergencies and a Robust health as backup.  I'm stting @ 6500 HP, 1500 armor at level 10 with pots/sigil as emergency.  I know I can outlast the majority of demigods. 

My point is that there are counters. This is just another viable way to play UB but don't give the impressions that it's a steamroll everytime.  That's what causes people to rage quit so much.  They can't accept that someone might be a better player or have are a counter to their uber build.  It's always "X is OP".

Oak shield + HoL and two on ones are the few counters I can think of (and QoT can be unkillable, but she would probably never actually kill you.) I mean, there are hard matchups, but this generally comes out on top in the end.

June 5, 2009 9:56:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bad guide by a bad player who plays UB badly.

No HoL, Wand of Speed, damage over armor? this is amateur hour.

June 5, 2009 10:26:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Foreshadowed,
bad guide by a bad player who plays UB badly.

No HoL, Wand of Speed, damage over armor? this is amateur hour.

Gotta agree with this statement. Not getting spit is just plain retarded (second build). It's 1.5k damage without you even having to be there. Even at higher lvls, that's a good 25% of your opponent's health.

June 5, 2009 10:33:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zanobi,

Gotta agree with this statement. Not getting spit is just plain retarded (second build). It's 1.5k damage without you even having to be there. Even at higher lvls, that's a good 25% of your opponent's health.

I guess you don't know that there are about half a dozen counters to spit, and that every general has a skill that can remove, or at the very least counter it. Spit works well against noobs who freak out when their health starts dropping, but any experienced player will just calmly use heal/shield/bramble shield/mist/symbol of purity to remove/counter it. Or you could just stack health and health regen and rely on the spit build's squishyness to outlast him.

June 5, 2009 10:59:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wand of Speed is strictly optional, in my opinion. Diseased Claws and Inner Beast are more than sufficient to keep enemies in range. For escape purposes it might have utility, but the build is designed to simply tank opponents and tends not to run from encounters or will just use a teleport if i see a 2on1 coming. 

there's a very specific reason why the Ooze build doesn't have Venom Spit. it doesn't have enough mana to support it. and there is not, in my opinion, a good way to compromise between the amount of health necessary to make this build work and the amount of mana needed to be able to effectively use Spit and Ooze in the same build.

i should point out that my first build (the Spit and Run build) does utilize both skills at higher levels. i'm confused as to what you're even criticizing at this point. you think that Spit and Ooze should both be developed at the same time starting at level 1? i strongly disagree with that. the mana situation simply doesn't permit it. 

and finally, you two (Foreshadowed and Zanobi) just sound like idiots when you use language like that. my other critics (like SubtleSalmon) were able to disagree with me without insulting me. grow up. 

June 5, 2009 11:12:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting transitive,
grow up. 
This.

The guy spent some obvious time to put this together. Why? To help people. How are you helping people? One of you didn't even explain yourself, so you obviously weren't trying to help save new players from this "bad guide."

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.