The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I give up on this game 7 weeks I gave them

By on May 24, 2009 10:35:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

jinxster

Join Date 02/2008
+3

2 hrs i have been home and it still the same fucking problem.

This P.O.S game plays connection games.

I keep hearing oh its fixed see but I still play the lobby game more then 50% of the time.

7 fucking weeks and its still the same.

flame me go ahead flame all you want. 7 weeks and they still haven the same problems 7 weeks.

7 weeks is long enough  for any company to fix any part of the game.

they need to put proxies for everyone till they get the p2p to work correctly.

I mean the first day and second day the patch was out it was good but now its the same dam thing. I got suckered and bought a 2nd copy for  a friend and I am beating my head over that now.

The only good thing i see in SD is frogs openness and keeping us in the loop. But being informed does not fix the game.

66 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 24, 2009 10:47:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 24, 2009 10:59:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is an awesome video!

May 24, 2009 11:31:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

as i said flame me all you want all that crap just means i have a point.

the game is great once you get to play but the connection issues is whats going to bring down this game.

No i aint blamen SD it was gas powered that decided to use p2p SD actually wanted proxies.

Also it was SD that took it upon themselves to fix it and they did not have to.

May 24, 2009 11:36:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game came out April 14th.

If you don't see what's wrong OP then you don't even deserve the effort it took to type this.

May 25, 2009 12:03:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Send an email over to stardock asking for a refund. You'll probably only get 75% of the purchase price back but it's better than nothing. I'm waiting for a response back from mine I sent in a few days ago. Couldn't agree more with what you said in this thread. I'm pretty annoyed at stardock releasing the game in such a state. My first stardock game and my last stardock game.

May 25, 2009 12:04:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ just reply with the same effort and logic that op did

May 25, 2009 12:05:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

lol cat attack mpeg I still have this mpeg since sometime around 2004 a work mate gave it to me lol. There is more to the vid but not much more.

May 25, 2009 12:06:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Azrailx, where do you get all those awxome pix?!

May 25, 2009 12:50:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xinoxlx,
The game came out April 14th.

If you don't see what's wrong OP then you don't even deserve the effort it took to type this.

hahahahaha

May 25, 2009 12:51:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you have some sort of condition where you can't play other games and then come back to this one when it is fixed to your satisfaction?

May 25, 2009 12:57:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I rate this thread a 7.

May 25, 2009 1:00:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If the connection problems tire you out then you have two options.

1) Wait for the definitive fix.

2) Get a refund.

Most companies won't give you option number 2.

That said, Dawn of War 2 still has issues that haven't been fixed since release and the game is over 3 months old. This stuff happens, especially when its a big title with a custom engine. Most FPS don't have this problem because they are usually built on existing engines (UT engine, Quake engine, Crysis engine, Source engine, etc.). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are very many options for licensable RTS engines. There will be growing pains.

If you do not want to give up on the game because you enjoy it, I suggest you set it aside and come back in a month or so.

May 25, 2009 1:02:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no it did not got mine april 7th.

the problem in the game has been the same problem since launch with a little tweaks here and there.

But the bottom line is its still the same you spend 1/2 the time in the lobby.

All u fanboyz just have no clue. Its great to be a fanboy buyt when there has been the same problem that is still there from launch after 7 weeks that is not a good thing.

Did i say i want a refund no if i wanted a dam refund i would have asked thats just another Answer from fanboyz get refund , dont play, and etc..

Instead say yea well there is a problem and we do not like it as well and it should be fixed. but no you all would rather act childish and attack people persanally. being a fanboy is not a bad thing it actually a good thing

May 25, 2009 1:05:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Instead say yea well there is a problem and we do not like it as well and it should be fixed.

Plenty of people 'have' said that, including the people who actually have the power to do something about it.  What else do you want?

The next step is refund.  If you'd prefer not to go that route, then is there anything else we can help you with?

May 25, 2009 1:42:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea well i am venting atm just very frustrating wanting to play a dam game then to have all these dam issues

May 25, 2009 2:26:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting stryker247,
yea well i am venting atm just very frustrating wanting to play a dam game then to have all these dam issues

It certainly is very distressing to want to play so much but can't. It's that so-near-yet-so-far feeling. Try DotA maybe? Or any other online game, for that matter. Give Demigod a rest for the time being and return occasionally to see if it works.

Also, it's not so much that we're fanboys, though I can understand your emotional state when you make that accusation. Those who the situation more than the common game consumer can empathise with the dynamics of what's happening; the mistakes made, the efforts being taken to remedy the situation. The transparency in communication between Stardock and its consumer base definitely helped heaps.

We all love the game as much as you do, and some enough to be willing to wait for the issues to be fixed.

May 25, 2009 2:42:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exterm123,
Azrailx, where do you get all those awxome pix?!

Id tell u but then everyone could be as cool as me...

May 25, 2009 2:51:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shock0311,
Send an email over to stardock asking for a refund. You'll probably only get 75% of the purchase price back but it's better than nothing. I'm waiting for a response back from mine I sent in a few days ago. Couldn't agree more with what you said in this thread. I'm pretty annoyed at stardock releasing the game in such a state. My first stardock game and my last stardock game.

This is not a Stardock game idiot. You mean your last GPG game. Stardock did not develop this game, they published it. Learn your facts.

Stardocks game DEVELOPMENT track record is stellar. Their publishing track record is great too, Sins of a Solar anyone? Demigod is undeniably a great game, it just has a lot of issues with it's connectivity. Stardock is still considered a great company for backing the game up and doing everythign they can to fix it. A company like EA would NEVER back up it's published (or it's developed games for that matter) like Stardock does.

As for you, either leave altogether and come back with some facts before posting, or just go die.

May 25, 2009 3:23:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Quoting Shock0311, reply 5Send an email over to stardock asking for a refund. You'll probably only get 75% of the purchase price back but it's better than nothing. I'm waiting for a response back from mine I sent in a few days ago. Couldn't agree more with what you said in this thread. I'm pretty annoyed at stardock releasing the game in such a state. My first stardock game and my last stardock game.

This is not a Stardock game idiot. You mean your last GPG game. Stardock did not develop this game, they published it. Learn your facts.

Stardocks game DEVELOPMENT track record is stellar. Their publishing track record is great too, Sins of a Solar anyone? Demigod is undeniably a great game, it just has a lot of issues with it's connectivity. Stardock is still considered a great company for backing the game up and doing everythign they can to fix it. A company like EA would NEVER back up it's published (or it's developed games for that matter) like Stardock does.

As for you, either leave altogether and come back with some facts before posting, or just go die.

Wow way to nerd rage and thanks for wishing I'd "go die".

Quality of this caliber is going to be tough to live without once I do get my refund.

May 25, 2009 3:31:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I give up on this game 7 weeks I gave them

BYE

May 25, 2009 3:33:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
Their publishing track record is great too, Sins of a Solar anyone?

Just wanted to point out that while they had a hand in Sins, Ironclad are the guys you want to give the majority of the credit to.

May 25, 2009 4:15:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
just go die.

wow. Switch to decaf maybe?

May 25, 2009 8:40:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Only partially true.  Stardock wrote the net code for this game....the impulse reactor stuff, so even though they are not listed as the developer of the game, they *are* the developer of the networking library that has been such an issue since launch.

May 25, 2009 8:51:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only partially true.  Stardock wrote the net code for this game....the impulse reactor stuff, so even though they are not listed as the developer of the game, they *are* the developer of the networking library that has been such an issue since launch.

But it wasnt Stardock who actually wanted to use the current system, they wanted to use another system but GPG forced them too. Not that it was their fault, because at the time it really did seem like a good system and there was nothing wrong with it.

May 25, 2009 9:11:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Quoting Shock0311, reply 5Send an email over to stardock asking for a refund. You'll probably only get 75% of the purchase price back but it's better than nothing. I'm waiting for a response back from mine I sent in a few days ago. Couldn't agree more with what you said in this thread. I'm pretty annoyed at stardock releasing the game in such a state. My first stardock game and my last stardock game.

All the multiplayer connectivity stuff is from stardock. Ingame is GPGs work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000704   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.