The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

fatal error

By on May 24, 2009 5:22:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Twisted

Join Date 05/2009

whenever i try to run demigod it comes up with this..

Compiled Md5:'a9f0f175f23db53a45c61c195e64040e' Actual Md5 in Zip:'bc64ec8c28b3e16fddffe8db6d06f6ba'

Program : C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe
Cmd line arguments :

Callstack:
    unavailable.

Last 100 lines of log...

A full record of the log is stored in the Demigodlog.txt file

info: Full Log file: C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod\\DemigodLog
info: DEMIGOD VERSION MAIN.1.00.0067
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip', mounted as '/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\movies', mounted as '/movies/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\sounds', mounted as '/sounds/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\loc', mounted as '/loc/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\bindata', mounted as '/'

if anyone knows whats going on please help me!!!!!

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 25, 2009 2:21:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This has been happening to me also. Sometimes I can last 10-15 mins in a game before this will pop up. Lately it's been more like 5 mins before it crashes.

May 25, 2009 3:46:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

have this problem too , sometimes when Im joining a game it shows up ! crap !!

May 25, 2009 5:26:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I have this problem as well and it is really annoying as this is making it so I am unable to play Demigod. Does anyone know how to fix this?

May 26, 2009 11:45:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It seems that a file has been modified or corrupted. This could be caused by a corrupt download, or through installation of mods. Impulse can correct these errors for you by allowing you to verify your Demigod install. Here's how to do that:

If you've installed via Impulse, do the following:

1. Open Impulse.
  2. Go to the "My Games" tab.
  3. Right-click "Demigod".
  4. Select "Verify Installation".

That should work for a bit. Once it's complete (A dialog will pop up to show this), your game should be fixed.

If you bought your game from a retail store, you'll have to register your game first. Here's how to do that:

1. Download and install Impulse
  2. Open Impulse.
  3. Go to the "My Games" tab.
  4. In the top toolbar, select "Register Product".
  5. Fill out the form. Most of that should be pretty self-explanatory. Your serial number should be on your CD, box, or manual.
  6. Follow the steps as indicated above.

Note about Updating: Impulse may update your game to the most recent version. It's highly recommended that you keep your game up-to-date, but those that you play with will also have to update their games. They can update their games through Impulse by registering their game using the steps described above.

If you downloaded the game through some third-party, then the only solution is purchasing the game.

May 26, 2009 12:11:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you downloaded the game through some third-party, your steps become a lot more complicated. Your best bet is to re-download the game, preferably from some other source than what you used initially. Notice that another site may distribute a different version than the one you're currently playing. If so, the Note above applies to you.

Impulse is the only authorized source for the full download of Demigod. If someone is downloading it elsewhere, they're likely pirating it and should kindly buy the game or leave.

May 26, 2009 12:22:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kryo: My apologies. I knew, for example, that Steam games are not exclusive to Steam's service, so I figured Demigod could also be purchased elsewhere.

I have removed the offending section of my post.

May 26, 2009 1:42:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To the OP: Ironically, I just got this error on my own, and it shed light on what was going on with your problem.

You're using a more recent version of dgdata.zip than your game expects. Specifically, the dgdata.zip that you have is the one that a 1.00.0114 version would expect. You need the 1.00.0067 version of dgdata.zip.

Of course, this doesn't change anything, really - running Impulse's Verify Installation will fix your problem.

How to edit lua files inside dgdata.zip without getting this error

If you're editing lua files inside dgdata.zip, you'll run into this error. The fix is to not edit inside the zipped file, but rather do the following:

1. Unzip dgdata.zip to a folder named "dgdata.zip". The ".zip" part is intentional, and must be included, so you'll end up with a path like C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\dgdata.zip\
  2. Rename the dgdata.zip to something else (e.g., "vanilla_demigod.zip"). It's a good idea to back up the original dgdata.zip, rather than deleting it.

This will allow you to edit lua files inside dgdata.zip, and not have this error occur. You won't be able to play multiplayer games, though, just LAN games.

"Desync Detected" errors

If the changes you make are not duplicated with the people you're playing with, you'll get "Desync Detected" errors. Since the game is peer-to-peer, your changes to your lua code will not be reflected on other player's machines. As a result, the game will not be synced.

The game will continue to work, and your local version of the game will run fine, but you won't really be playing the same game anymore.

May 26, 2009 9:38:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay so is the varify application the same thing as verify installation? Because when I did that it said that it was installed but my dgdata.zip is still the 1.00.0114 version.

May 27, 2009 7:35:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it is; sorry about the mistake.

You could try renaming or moving your current dgdata.zip and running "Verify Installation" again. The OP had a older version of Demigod; if you do as well, you could try updating through Impulse.

If none of those steps work, doing the steps in "How to edit lua files inside dgdata.zip without getting this error" may solve your problem. However, it may cause problems when updating.

The most drastic step you could take would be reinstalling through Impulse, but since downloading from Impulse is typically very fast, it might be the easiest solution.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000421   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.