Please STOP making updates

please please please

By on May 22, 2009 10:35:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gossimmer

Join Date 04/2009

Every update you make means a lower percentage of games I can actually play.  What a waste of money.  What the hell kind of testing do you do???  Are you a bunch of kids in a garage???  Do you have a process?? regression testing??  testing???  Any of this??

Hello?????

<crickets>

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 22, 2009 11:14:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alots of games fails but i don't know if its just a coincidence but the games feels less choppy in MP now.

I don't know whats so unique about demigod to prevent it from having a working p2p system like tons of games but anyway the last thing i want is the developpers/publishers abandonning the boat

May 22, 2009 11:30:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Brulogaz,
Alots of games fails but i don't know if its just a coincidence but the games feels less choppy in MP now.

I don't know whats so unique about demigod to prevent it from having a working p2p system like tons of games but anyway the last thing i want is the developpers/publishers abandonning the boat

it would be better if they did abandon it, as they been steadily making it worse by trying to use a multipayer system that clearly wont work, and im guessing they dont want to move to a functional system like battle.net because it would require them to set up servers to do the hosting, and that would cost them money, p2p is the cheapest way to do it because all the bandwidth consumed is on the customer end

May 23, 2009 2:36:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We have set up a series of servers. That's what this week's updates have been doing.  

May 23, 2009 2:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah. Right. I agree with the OP. Please stop trying to make the game better for us. We would rather have a poor game. No updates! In fact... please roll us all back to the very first stable alpha build that you have laying around. No fixes!

Weirdos.

May 25, 2009 3:31:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the op is referring to the last 2 updates, they have made the connection problems worse for a lot of people, including me.  The game was working much better before.  Still hoping they will get this fixed soon.

May 26, 2009 3:48:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While making the playing experience worse for those who WERE able to play is a bad thing, keep in mind theres a ton of people who cant even connect to a game, or get in a game and spike up to 1K+ pings.

May 26, 2009 4:17:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whatever the OP's intention was, I'm pretty sure there are much more civil ways to express his concerns. Yet another abuser of internet annonymity.

May 26, 2009 2:20:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Annonymity?  You don't think they know my ip, name the game is registered under, and game reg code?  There is nothing anonomous about posting here.  And my point is valid, every time there is an update to the game, my ability to connect goes down (as well as many others).  It would be better to not put out a patch that makes it worse for people.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.