The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.01 Preview

By on May 22, 2009 4:38:56 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Gas Powered Games is hard at work on Demigod v1.01.  These are done separately of the recent updates Stardock has done to put in its own connectivity library to help the online multiplayer experience.

Here are some of the things already being tested:

• Bandwidth used reduced by 35% (more people with marginal connections able to play). This should reduce some of the “stutter” some people run into when they play with someone with a marginal Internet connection.
  • Updated the way stats are submitted to make stat reporting significantly more robust.
  • If a player loses connection with another player (or one player with a group of players but not all) only 1 user is disconnected instead of multiple.
  • Demigod is better at detecting the difference between quitting and a disconnect (no connection dialogs when someone leaves).
  • Significantly better handling of users who have shaky connections to keep them in game without adversely affecting in game performance.
  • Favor Points, Achievements, Items stored on server more reliably (thanks to the updated stats system).

I don’t have an exact ETA as there needs to be a lot of testing on this (next week maybe).  But so far, it’s looking pretty good.

+912 Karma | 82 Replies
June 2, 2009 2:20:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,
So when is this coming?

Dunno about the USA but where I live monday was a holiday (mandatory), and I did hear frogboy I think mention that this week was a short one in the USA because of a special day, so just assume they'll be in office today (tuesday) and will be releasing it later tonight, I hope.

June 2, 2009 2:49:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In many occasions when I try to heal my teammate and they just happen to be stacked right on top of my character, I end up healing myself instead of them and they die (or vice versa if the situation were reversed).

Can there be a button (shift or ctrl) that can be used so that the spell is cast on myself (where applicable of course)?

June 2, 2009 8:09:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

when ever it comes out if it doesnt aleviate some of the multi connection issues/ping spikes I and at least one other friend will be returning it. 

So take your time and make it right.  Give it back to GPG if need be. 

June 2, 2009 8:53:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any ETA on this - still on for today?

June 2, 2009 11:38:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should be.

June 2, 2009 12:25:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who pissed off Frogboy???  No more dev journals in like 5 days!  I'm dyin' for news!

June 2, 2009 4:05:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The update is live. It's about 25 MB.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.