The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.01 Preview

By on May 22, 2009 4:38:56 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Gas Powered Games is hard at work on Demigod v1.01.  These are done separately of the recent updates Stardock has done to put in its own connectivity library to help the online multiplayer experience.

Here are some of the things already being tested:

• Bandwidth used reduced by 35% (more people with marginal connections able to play). This should reduce some of the “stutter” some people run into when they play with someone with a marginal Internet connection.
  • Updated the way stats are submitted to make stat reporting significantly more robust.
  • If a player loses connection with another player (or one player with a group of players but not all) only 1 user is disconnected instead of multiple.
  • Demigod is better at detecting the difference between quitting and a disconnect (no connection dialogs when someone leaves).
  • Significantly better handling of users who have shaky connections to keep them in game without adversely affecting in game performance.
  • Favor Points, Achievements, Items stored on server more reliably (thanks to the updated stats system).

I don’t have an exact ETA as there needs to be a lot of testing on this (next week maybe).  But so far, it’s looking pretty good.

+897 Karma | 82 Replies
May 23, 2009 4:54:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Skullonius,
* Id like an option to have spells only target demigods. I cant count how many times ive accidentally healed or shielded a grunt or minion in the middle of a hectic battle, so frustrating, and something i would rarely if ever try to do intentionally.

Regarding this, I believe there's a key that does this when held (Ctrl maybe?), but it would be awefully nice if they were DG only by default, and targeting minions required the additional key press instead.

May 23, 2009 4:58:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yay! Glad to see the patches are comming!

May 23, 2009 6:18:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or a toggle option "highlight demigods."  What a great idea!

May 23, 2009 9:31:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The DG refusing to cast until moving bug I have found is so far guaranteed for me when I try to use an ability after a DG has moved through my own. My friend has tried this aswell and had the same results. I'll give an example:

-I move within attack range of an Unclean Beast with my Erebus.

-I start melee attacking without moving my DG.

-The Unclean Beast walks directly through my own DG.

-I try to cast Bite and nothing happens until I physically move him and cast it again.

This has happened 100% of the time on the few gods I have tested it on Queen of Thorns, Sedna, Erebus and Unclean Beast haven't gotten round to the others I imagine there will be no difference.

May 23, 2009 9:49:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regarding this, I believe there's a key that does this when held (Ctrl maybe?), but it would be awefully nice if they were DG only by default, and targeting minions required the additional key press instead.

I believe you're correct about it control forcing the enemy DG target, but I disagree on reversing it.  I target reinforcements with abilitys far to often to be comfortable with that.

May 24, 2009 12:22:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nchopper,
The DG refusing to cast until moving bug I have found is so far guaranteed for me when I try to use an ability after a DG has moved through my own. My friend has tried this aswell and had the same results. I'll give an example:

-I move within attack range of an Unclean Beast with my Erebus.

-I start melee attacking without moving my DG.

-The Unclean Beast walks directly through my own DG.

-I try to cast Bite and nothing happens until I physically move him and cast it again.

This has happened 100% of the time on the few gods I have tested it on Queen of Thorns, Sedna, Erebus and Unclean Beast haven't gotten round to the others I imagine there will be no difference.

FYI I just posted a mod which fixes this: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/353332

I've sent the details of the bug to GPG so hopefully they can fix it in a patch since the mod won't work via Impulse.

May 24, 2009 6:11:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think erebus is the worst with bat/bite, although every dg has a way to bug out, unfortunately.

May 24, 2009 12:28:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since this post mentions the click-to-move bug and its causes, I thought I'd link the bug report for an issue very similiar, arguably identical, to it: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/353368

May 24, 2009 3:01:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool cool cool!!!!!!

May 24, 2009 3:18:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So this patch wont fix the issue that some ppl are having that prevents them from playing demigod multiplayer in any mode ???

Everytime i enter a pantheon game ( if im lucky and patient enough) the game is populated with bots and no human players ... i saw around 10 topics about this issue just on the two first pages of technical support, most of those topics are empty ( including mine) ...

Maybe im wrong and GPG doesnt handle the multiplayer issues, becouse if that was the case, its pretty retarted to work on better stats reporting when the game is still unplayable for many people even after the 10th update

May 24, 2009 3:24:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favor points are still broken.

May 24, 2009 3:26:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ZeratulTheDT2,
Favor points are still broken.

They will fix it in this patch. My achievements are buggy too.

May 24, 2009 4:21:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't bought any new favor items and my favor is up to 2920...until anhklet is toned done or givin to everyone for free I don't see the reason to use anything else on my tb build. I'll just keep saving.

May 25, 2009 10:48:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep up the good work!!!

May 27, 2009 11:28:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i hope they will nerf erebus in an soon patch

May 31, 2009 12:24:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

will ping spike be addressed?

May 31, 2009 12:45:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so is this patch fixing the stats?

June 1, 2009 5:43:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Istari,

i hope they get to fix the targetting/ability cast bug asap. This thing has got to be the most annoying in game bug for me.
They say this bug is harder to fix than it may seem like because it doesn't happen with all Demigods anymore in all situations.

Do you have a really easy to reproduce scenario I can send over? 

Move through any other demigod in any way you choose ..then try using an ability.. you can't until you move somewhere else.

Easy to reproduces with the boots of 50% boost to move on damage, Erebus' bat ability (you can't ever bat through something and then bit immediately without moving first)

June 1, 2009 3:46:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Xhero, they allready did nerf Erb; his bite; quite a bit.  It's Monday, any news on 1.1 comming out today?

June 1, 2009 3:59:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LupusUmbrus,

Quoting Skullonius,
reply 24
* Id like an option to have spells only target demigods. I cant count how many times ive accidentally healed or shielded a grunt or minion in the middle of a hectic battle, so frustrating, and something i would rarely if ever try to do intentionally.

Yes that would be a great idea. I pretty much never want to use special abilities on minions or creeps. So pressing a key to attack minions or creeps would be much better. Or a toggle. Also I don't find ctrl a good key to find with my little finger in the heat of battlewhile prssing the number keys with a 'main' finger, ctrl is a bit of a stretch!

June 1, 2009 7:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have, ONCE, used heal on a minion (purposely).  The other 99% of the time, I'm tring to heal or target a demigod.  So trying to hold down the ctrl key (Hand Twister, Left thumb green) to target a demigod (which is what you want the vast majority of the time) is really off.  Holding it down to target a minion, now that makes sence.

June 1, 2009 11:02:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

. So trying to hold down the ctrl key (Hand Twister, Left thumb green) to target a demigod (which is what you want the vast majority of the time) is really off.

I'm not sure what your reference to twister is for; ctrl is easily reached for the most common (wasd based) position of the left hand.

June 2, 2009 2:03:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is easy, if, you did'nt break your left pinky last year; and usually have to use your left thumb instead; and since you can't remap your keys, you have to play "Hand Twister". . .

June 2, 2009 2:12:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So when is this coming?

June 2, 2009 2:18:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well they can't really adjust a game just because someone broke his pinky! (I'm sorry for you for that though, it must suck, I once broke my wrist and I felt utterly useless. I hope it heals okay for you). But I do agree that targetting DGs should be the default and ctrl for minions. I do realize there are some ppl that do target minions a lot, but most ppl by far only target DGs.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.