Please let us give negative karma (this one's for you, Chaosnaska)

By on May 19, 2009 11:30:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

muusbolla

Join Date 04/2009
+6

So I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with Chaosnaska and his antics on these forums.

Can we have negative karma if just for him? I'm sure even he would agree; given his forum-troll personality, I bet he'd love having massive amounts of negative karma...

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 20, 2009 9:13:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Darn, why can I give Frogboy only one karma...

May 20, 2009 9:35:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
From IRC:
9:22 PM <Chaosnaska> He sent my info. Hes giving me a
refund and banning my account and creditcard

lmao, you really don't want to piss frogboy off. In the long term this is the only proper way to handle such people. Ban them from the game, they just give you a bad reputation and if you do it a few times nobody will be "trolling" in the forum.

May 20, 2009 9:42:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,
Darn, why can I give Frogboy only one karma...

Amount of Karma you can give to anyone is linked to your Forum Rank. Citizen can give +1, Apprentice (veteran) +2...I am not sure of the rest, but i do know that Journeyman can give +4 and the Stardockians +8.

This all of course is pertainent to the site to which you are ranked.

For instance here on demigodthegame.com i am a citizen and as such can only give +1. On Galciv2.com i am a Veteran, or Apprentice as it is now known and can give +2 karma.

So for times when i want to give a Demigod poster +2 i need to copy the thread number over to GC2 and read the thread from there and then give the +2.

Whether or not that actually translates to +2 on Demigod i am not sure, i believe not, at least not untill the person in question whom i gave karma to actually posts on GC2, and even then i think they need to recieve karma from that originating site. That is why you see many different karma levels across all the SD sites. On GC2 i have +71...here, +16...and on SINS i think +7...JU...who knows, never looked.

Confused?

May 20, 2009 9:44:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They aren't doing forum ranks anymore either, so whichever sites had it before the karma went in are the only ones who keep it. Sins never got ranked, Demigod won't, everyone is a citizen

May 20, 2009 9:56:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's a bit harsh for a forum troll. Was he ever warned?

May 20, 2009 10:01:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sythion,
That's a bit harsh for a forum troll. Was he ever warned?

I think it was more the fact that he posted like 100 times that the game was shit, worthless and he was going to get a refund, over the course of 4+ weeks and never tried to, along with all the straight up trolling he did and defaming/slandering Stardock on their official forums.

Well, he got his refund, and now he can't even cheat the system like he intended by getting a refund, then re-buying it with a half-off coupon. And even if he does that (with someone elses card), he'll never be able to post or speak up or he'll get found out.

Fitting end imo.

The funniest thing about him was that even though he cried daily about how bad the game was, he continued to play just as much.

May 21, 2009 2:41:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*a cryptic description of an archaic blood magic ritual on how to increase karma*
Thanks for the explanation Neilo! I'll get an Aspirin now...

May 21, 2009 3:24:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i didn't know this game hand that many bugs when i got it  but  personally  at  patch 98 it was fine to play  got a bit worse in the next patch

and now i hard;ly get any probs  so  this game is fine it is the asses who make it sound ten times worse then it is  chaos was one

he wasn't a good player  he wasn't a nice guy  he is the ass that makes u lauigh ocasionally but the rest off the time u dont want top be with

so good ridens  to chaos    we should hold a  chaos is gone celebration

May 21, 2009 5:36:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is beyond epic.

May 21, 2009 5:50:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I banned him.

Mature.

May 21, 2009 5:58:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tiny4Ever,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 4I banned him.

Mature.

I know I am but what are you!?

May 21, 2009 6:08:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mature.

...I hope you weren't sarcastic because you would be perfectly correct if you weren't. There is a lot of other things that they could have done and honestly a refund and a ban was probably the most mature thing they could do.

Negative karma is sometimes the stupidest idea ever made. Negative Karma means that random idiots can -1 you for not agreeing with them. There is always going to be this dick who -1s everybody who doesn't think Erebus is OP. It always never gets through the heads of some idiots that forums are meant to discuss, not to move as one single entity and hate and ban on everybody who disagrees with you.

Proof: http://cad-forums.com/

Try going on there and post about an anime that someone doesn't like, or make a joke that someone was too stupid to understand. Before you know it, you will be banned.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.