Anyone else bored already?

By on May 18, 2009 2:07:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tassadar

Join Date 09/2008
+8

Im already finding myself looking for other games to play, mabye this mix of RPG/RTS isnt for me.. OR its missing something. RTS's have huge epic battles with waves of units, and RPG's have a continued character with thousands of random items that drop. I dont really see any of that here, mabye more creep on the screen would help, and creep that drops items?

I think this game would be alot more fun if it had less towers and more open space, more demigod duels and lower damage or something i dont know.

Locked Post 27 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
pacov
May 18, 2009 2:15:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm already playing other games. That is to say, I've never been the kind of person to dedicate myself to that "one game" that I play ad nauseam until I burn out on it and/or become the best in the world. Demigod is a really fun game, but it's certainly not enough to satisfy all of someone's gaming needs alone. I've never found any game that is, really.

I'm still having a blast playing, when the game works. I wish I could play more, actually.

May 18, 2009 2:16:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its only boring when u play bads

May 18, 2009 2:22:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think any game can be fun if you have a suitable opponent. People think chess is fun, and it has none of those things.

May 18, 2009 2:27:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the game. Been playing since the earliest beta. As SkepticalMind said, though, no game is really enough to satisfy gaming needs entirely by itself. That and with my work schedule leaving me only a couple of hours a night of free time, I sometimes like to play games where my enjoyment does not rely on other people (currently, X3:TC takes up most of that).

But I still fire up Demigod here and there for a few matches. I prefer Pantheon, but it's not quite there yet since it keeps matching up 2v2s and not saving stats

May 18, 2009 2:37:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think frustrating sums it up.

The lobby issues seem to be solved(Thank you SD) but then the true test is when the game starts. I would say at least 60% of the games I have played result in the game being over within 5-10 minutes. You have no idea if your game is going to stutter or be lag free. Most of the time the games are not too enjoyable. You either have a crappy host, someone has a pentium 400 mhz comp with a simspeed of 0, or you have someone whos ping starts spiking. Not too much mention the rage q's early game with a 30 second wait and then the chance it might disconnect you as well.

p.s. favor is still broken which is a huge disadvantage to newer players.

May 18, 2009 2:40:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

True that guys, im installing cod4wow right now.. should fulfil the desire for fast paced action. I really really need another rpg though, i dont see why they are so rare.. i guess d3 is the next one.

May 18, 2009 3:11:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You will probably see Dragon Age: Origins long before d3.

May 18, 2009 3:19:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing Demigod off and on.  Kind of waiting till I can get some 3v3 or 4v4 on pantheon.  Random demigod would be a great enhancement.

Other then that, I've been playing Sword of the Stars.  It sucks compared to GalCiv2, but sometimes my brain just wants to relax.

May 18, 2009 3:27:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its a blast when you have a 2v2 of all skilled players.

But, 90% of the time, connection issues make either a 1v1 and 2 AIs, or 2v2AIs.

I will wait until the connection problems are fixed.

May 18, 2009 3:31:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You will probably see Dragon Age: Origins long before d3.

Considering the former has a release date (or at least a month window) and the latter is "when it's done" without even a beta on the horizon (and also considering SC2 will come out first and it's not even close to being released)....yeah.

May 18, 2009 3:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frustration & "momentum" too Canine; I thnk DG lost a LOT of momentum with all the connection issues. If I happen to get 3 friends over here, we have a lot of fun playing Lan; but then there's the other 90% of the time I want to play it; knowing it could take me up to an hour to get a game going, and that 3vs3 is about the best you can hope for (I REALLY like 5v5), only to have someone DC or rage quit.  But about 1 in 4 games have connected; played smoothly; and had nice players in them to boot. 

I could not get supremem commander to work MP for the longest time, but, I could do oher things with the game while it was being fixed:  I played skirish a lot (the AI was decent enough, and there were plenty of maps); and I played the campain through 3 times.  I could also watch replays of all of the solo game I played (which took about as much time a the game itself) But I can't do any of that with DG 

But after 1.1 and the proxies, things might start turning around.  Sounds like they have lots of plans for DG.  I just hope all the plans, tweaks, updates, and patches "outrun" the lost momentum.

May 18, 2009 3:44:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Games that take up massive amounts of time usually contain e-friends or real ones and that's what makes it good for you.

May 18, 2009 3:53:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game really is 10x funner when you play with organised teams and get good

May 18, 2009 3:53:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heh, i just played a ranked game of supreme commander FA and lost .. but i didnt do that bad. After the loss i was still rank 500/4500, pretty terrible community.. i bet not even 1/4 of that 4500 are active, and supcom origional had a 27,000 ranked players...GG standalone / split community expansion.

May 18, 2009 3:57:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

This from a Noob Rage quitter you got no skills go practice

May 18, 2009 4:12:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

Quoting Chaosnaska,
reply 9

I have to agree with Chaos, on this which I dont on erebrus comments .

I spent way to much time trying to get into a good game, and due to I like to keep somewhat a decent record... so Id play against the AI... so its extremely lame.... Lately its just very bad with 2 many AI attached Panth games.

I usually play panth, but gave custom a try the other day... 3v3... after game got started my 2 teammates dropped during load, and then 1 of theirs dropped. Then his other dropped at start... so 1v1 with 2 AI each.... it was a long game where I easily destroyed him... but in the end very lame no challenge.

May 18, 2009 4:29:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I usually play one or two games a day. Keeps it from getting stale too quick.

May 18, 2009 5:33:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea, for me, DemiGod is a side game. I normally Play RTS and MMO's but nothing has been keeping my interest lately other than DemiGod.

I look forward to getting into some serious competition/ladder/tournaments when everything gets stable, but atm I just play customs to try out new builds and DemiGods.

Didn't bother to to join Pantheon this time around due to the low XP gain from bots, not much point in taking it very seriously when playing 5 human matches will outweigh 20 AI matches and all I seem to get are AI games.

May 18, 2009 7:18:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

Quoting Chaosnaska, reply 9Its a blast when you have a 2v2 of all skilled players.

Hey, that game where my ally RAGEquit 5 minutes in? And all YOU did was farm the AI player and talk smack?  Dude, that was so funny. You make me lulz.

May 18, 2009 8:10:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing L4D and Elven Legacy while also sometimes playing DG. Pantheon matches are sometimes real fun, sometimes boring, sometimes tremendously aggravating.

Fun is when I get in a good 2 vs 2 Pantheon match. My teammate communicates and we work as a team.

Boring is when I somehow end up playing only against the couldn't-win-if-it-knew-how-to-try AI.

Aggravating is when I randomly get a newb on my side in a 2 vs 2 match. They screw up big or small in-game. Wouldn't you know, the other side knows how to screw up less. Outcome decided from the start.

Hope Stardock gets VOIP added real quick. It would definitely add fun.

May 19, 2009 1:22:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They need to realize 8 heroes is not enough.  In fact, I don't know why they never bothered to distinguish between light and dark based on units and design (changing color is so pre-2000).  There are a lot of things they could have done that didn't.  That being said, they didn't really have the best network upon release either.  The real question is, why do people never get on schedule.  Let's put this one image in and "test" it for the whole day.

This game is lacking in content, and the other issues aren't helping it either.

May 19, 2009 1:30:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tassox... I've gone back and forth between several other games, but my interest is still kept.  It's pretty easy to get discouraged after a release like this and constantly wondering when a more fully functional version will be available.  I'm still into the game and think I would be if things had launched more smoothly as well.  I've had epic feeling games... just where my team is so evenly matched and it could go either way... granted, that's happened like 2 times out of 30, but still, good fun when it does.  I'd imagine as clans are formed and time progresses, the game will get better and better. 

Are you really just getting into a bunch of 1 sided games?  To me, its pretty exciting when I'm up against 2 sniping solid reg players who are dropping my health at every turn and I have to figure out a way to kill em.  To me, that's great... moreso when I'm able to win those scenarios and outsmart my opponents...

but if all it amounts to for you is clicking some buttons and either dying or winning, then perhaps you are playing against too good or too poor enemies. 

May 19, 2009 1:34:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AuraofMana,
They need to realize 8 heroes is not enough.  In fact, I don't know why they never bothered to distinguish between light and dark based on units and design (changing color is so pre-2000).  There are a lot of things they could have done that didn't.  That being said, they didn't really have the best network upon release either.  The real question is, why do people never get on schedule.  Let's put this one image in and "test" it for the whole day.

This game is lacking in content, and the other issues aren't helping it either.

also... pretty sure they are adding at least 2 more demigods... read frogboys latest post re: the schedule and what happened to bring us to this point.  And I'm not sure how you can feel its lacking in content.  If you've mastered 8 characters then surely you'll have no problem beating me with any 1 of them... MEH

May 19, 2009 4:23:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

From earlier beta's i could tell that the direction they are taking for this game will result it in being boring very quickly, especially for experienced RTS and RPG gamers. Now i pretty much play once or twice a week and it is mildly entertaining for those sessions. My suggestion is just to play less, play other games, then come back to this once in a while. It is not really worth buying a game just to play it once in a while and still not enjoy it much but i guess that's the gamble we take on pre-ordering/purchasing games.

May 20, 2009 10:20:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im not sure what i find Demigod lacking, its just a feeling. Probably my fault for expecting a more interactive WoW arena style play, and less grunt farming.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.