The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Singapore player unable to play online/LAN.

By on May 16, 2009 11:26:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I am a player from Singapore and I went straight to the retail stores the moment they had Demigod in stores. I was sooo enthusiastic and excited to receive Demigod only to find out I can't play online, AT ALL. I feel COMPLETELY cheated.

Well firstly, whenever I try to connect to a custom multiplayer game, I never get past the connection. I just seem to endlessly try to connect to other players and it never works as seen in the connection info box. I tend to be able to connect to the host only, and no one else. All it just shows is ''Waiting to connect'' or ''Attempting to connect'' and it never ends. This is really frustrating as I see others are able to connect while I don't.

Then, I have problems doing all those portforwarding and stuff as my computer connects directly to the modem. No routers.  My ISP is Singnet and I have heard some problems with connection to Demigod with them. I totally didn't see this coming.

Lastly, LAN doesn't work for me as well. At least, for GameRanger (only one I tested so far). Everytime I try to join the host's game on GR, the game gives me an error saying ''You have been ejected as your game's executable does not match the host's executable''. I just stared at the screen, almost wanting to kick my computer upside down.

All my enthusiam was lost at this very moment and I feel so cheated of my money AND 'feelings'. Waiting for about a month so eagerly and now, this happens. Is there any other fellow Singaporean that uses the lousy Singnet's service and encounter any problems?

ANY help is appreciated. Even free bumping. Thanks so much ):

-From a really desperate yet disappointed player

My ISP/modem: http://home.singtel.com/mio/

0 Karma | 4 Replies
May 16, 2009 11:32:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You may want to read some brainstorming here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/347837

Although it all depends on your own willingness to play around your modem settings.

PS: Of course you won't play on LAN with your 0114 version, since the majority of such games created with pirated/unupdated Demigod. Rollback your own game to release version before trying.

May 16, 2009 10:03:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting just_dont_do_it,
You may want to read some brainstorming here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/347837

Although it all depends on your own willingness to play around your modem settings.

PS: Of course you won't play on LAN with your 0114 version, since the majority of such games created with pirated/unupdated Demigod. Rollback your own game to release version before trying.

Ugh so it pays off to be a pirate instead? Sigh.

May 18, 2009 12:29:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Strange question maybe, but can you use torrents aqualeris? I ask because from the description of the problem your giving, it sounds like your ISP is blocking Peer to Peer traffic.

just_dont_do_it is also correct. Almost everyone playing on Gameranger is using a pirated copy of the game. Their copies are not updated, yours is, thus you get the version mismatch error when trying to join their games.

May 18, 2009 10:23:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your probelms is similar to CitizenKane's one.  I suspect u are using Mio package and it is already proven that those connected to Mio have problems.  My only solution is that you have to wait patiently for an update.  

Regarding Game Ranger, Mostly ppl playing that are using much older version of Demigod.  Hence the Desync problem.  Anyway if u reallly want to play the game, I would suggest posting on the Greetings from SIngapore thread , we see if we can get a game up and running through GameRanger.  

I have problems connecting to AUstralian players but thanks to the local community, we still have loads of fun together.   

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.