The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Why do we have to wait 30 seconds everytime somebody quits?

By on May 16, 2009 9:16:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regardless if they rage quit or disconnect, we always get that 30 second timer that pops up... what's with that?

0 Karma | 29 Replies
May 18, 2009 1:28:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The 30 seconds is for forced bathroom and snack breaks

Only if you're male can you make a bathroom dash in 30 seconds, and that's stretching it.

And there's no worthy snacks you can make in 30 seconds.  Maybe scarf a handful of chips and thoroughly dust your hands off (who wants crud on your keyboard?) in time.

Grab a can of soda from the fridge?  Probably.

May 18, 2009 1:37:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the thing is if they reconnect it may only take 12seconds so if you leave your screwed.

May 18, 2009 1:38:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should be able to quit yourself when the timeout box is up. When some people have crashed or ragequit, we sometimes decide to remake the game. Currently you have to wait 30 sec for each person to quit, and let me tell you, the 'quitting queue' is massively annoying to be in.

Secondly. When someone quits, I see no reason why this can't make the client send a "Bye guys, I just quit" message to the rest of the clients in the game instead of assuming a disconnect and waiting 30 secs. Crashing, ok, I can see how that would be difficult, but quitting? You have to use the interface to f10 and click quit ffs.

May 18, 2009 1:47:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting floodiastus,
This is really annoying, I have had to wait 3 minutes because of remakes when 6 persons press "end game" before I do. This was not the case 1 week ago, if someone quit the game he just left. 

The REAL bummer is that while the timeout window is up.. YOU CANNOT PRESS ANY BUTTON ON SCREEN! 

If we could, we could just quit ourselves when we know the game has to be remade or whatever.
Btw. when you run the game in windowed mode, you can still hit the close button on the window to exit the game (this will still bring up the confirmation dialogue of Demigod). At least as far as I remember.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.