The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ITT: We discuss how UP erebus is now.

By on May 16, 2009 12:27:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The nerf was overdone.

+25 Karma | 93 Replies
May 16, 2009 2:54:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Azrailx, you fail to see that the absorption is frontloaded, so after 7 seconds you can have 2900 damage absorbed compared to the 1500 of heal...

May 16, 2009 3:08:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well the both ahve the same cooldown and heal is cheaper so idk

i get that with bramble u can prepare for it more, but that only for the first 1450, not the second bramble

May 16, 2009 3:14:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ehm yah sorry I mean after 7 seconds you have 4350 absorbed compared to the 3000 heal...

and bramble shield doesn't really cost "more" if you weight in the fact that QoT has +50% mana regen in closed mode.

May 16, 2009 3:15:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're bad. Vamp is still very strong. Stop being bad. Bad.

May 16, 2009 3:26:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As an erebus player (currently), I'd like to argue he needs his bite back, but the reality is I agree the nerf puts him in line with the other demigods...

WITH ONE CAVEAT....

Bite NEEDS to get fixed, particularly after bat swarm.  After bat swarm is generally a very critical time for erebus.  Since your goal was probably to catch a demi off guard, he's probably going to start running for towers, or even already be behind towers.  You need that bite for two reasons:  To slow him down to ensure you can keep hitting him (and so when he dies you're closer to the tower wall exit) AND for the health to continue staying behind enemy lines despite the towers.  If I die because I didn't have mana for the bite or I died despite the bite, that's my own stupidity.  When I die because bite never fired from this stupid bug, I don't consider that my fault.  If the "bite not firing" bug is fixed, I'll be pretty happy with where erebus stands atm.

May 16, 2009 3:27:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
ehm yah sorry I mean after 7 seconds you have 4350 absorbed compared to the 3000 heal...

and bramble shield doesn't really cost "more" if you weight in the fact that QoT has +50% mana regen in closed mode.

How?

May 16, 2009 4:14:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well you have shield casted at least 7 seconds before the fight starts, you get nuked at Second 0 and cast it again / heal it. then after 7 seconds the 2nd heal / 3rd shield comes off, not really rocket science uh?

May 16, 2009 4:20:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah if u wait forever...

May 16, 2009 5:39:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

erebus is fine i have to admit his bat swarms takes up a bit too much mana for my liking  but he is fine

May 16, 2009 7:51:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I retract that statement on OT.

Erebus is fine.

May 16, 2009 7:53:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ Groundbreaking revelation!

May 16, 2009 8:26:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thread was still worth it

May 16, 2009 8:41:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thread was worth it for the 'whore mouth' lolcat alone.

May 16, 2009 8:59:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wish more people had posted some fkn cats though.

I have a whole arsenal to deploy.

Oh, and Karma me up if you liek t3h lulz

May 16, 2009 9:01:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really wish (more than my prior wish) that Esbon replied to my Derp derp derp dog.

May 16, 2009 9:10:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no u totally shat on him, if he talks hes admiting his faliure

May 16, 2009 9:31:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Azrailx,
no u totally shat on him, if he talks hes admiting his faliure

Yea i know, but it'd be awesome if he actually tried to fight me back. Win woulda ensued.

May 16, 2009 9:40:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Quoting Azrailx, reply 16no u totally shat on him, if he talks hes admiting his faliure

Yea i know, but it'd be awesome if he actually tried to fight me back. Win woulda ensued.

All I know is it would have been hilarious.

May 16, 2009 9:52:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
well you have shield casted at least 7 seconds before the fight starts, you get nuked at Second 0 and cast it again / heal it. then after 7 seconds the 2nd heal / 3rd shield comes off, not really rocket science uh?

To be fair, that's only true if the DG your shielding is at full health. If they need a heal anyway, it ends slightly in heal's favor.

May 17, 2009 4:32:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 this thread delivers

May 17, 2009 5:23:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,
Since Frogboy plays Forces of Light, I highly doubt anything will be fixed.

I stopped reading anything you wrote after this line.

May 17, 2009 5:51:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Quoting Chaosnaska, reply 1Since Frogboy plays Forces of Light, I highly doubt anything will be fixed.

I stopped reading anything you wrote after this line.

QFT (well, mostly, I did keep reading to see it turn into a cat thread). This is pretty much a carbon copy of a thread you'd see on the WoW forums (which are widely regarded as a black hole of intelligent life), except with "Ghostcrawler" replaced by "Frogboy". Frogboy doesn't even do balance changes, that's GPG.

What we need is the moderators to smash this type of nonsense with extreme prejudice.

May 17, 2009 8:30:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,

Photobucket

May 17, 2009 9:25:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The nerf was overdone.

Not 100% sure about this. Played a game with an Erebus on either side. One of them got lots of kills, the other got none. I still feel that you are right, but I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions just yet.

May 17, 2009 9:36:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there are 9 other demigods to play with give them a go and get over the vampire already.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.