I find it funny how...

By on May 14, 2009 1:58:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gh0st_Note-

Join Date 01/2007
+17

Ever since Erebus got nerfed the top players on the Darkness side dropped in rank (tournament standings) and the Forces of Light are now winning with a decent lead. Hilarious.

Edit: Oops, guess nerf hadn't come out in the time of writing this, as it is now out today....

What's with all the Erebus players since tuesday saying how they played as him and said he is useless now? I guess I wasn't the only one who thought wrong. Must've been a placebo effect "Oh, I just lost a game and it's all because of the Erebus nerf" when in fact, the nerf hadn't come out yet, well, til today that is. Anyways, this thread is dead, lock it up mods.

Locked Post 23 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 14, 2009 2:06:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The nerf hasn't been implemented yet as far as I know. Erebus is still the same.

Also, the light side one the first tournament and from what I gather, they typically have the better players.

If you think the darkside players dropped out in the pantheon before the nerf even happened, then your nuts. People will see that despite the Erebus nerf, better players will beat lesser players. For instance, my slightly above average Erebus was lost 3 pantheon games yesterday thanks to people playing with friends some how ( two games the guys admitted they were partners).

May 14, 2009 2:11:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How is a bit less damage from bite going to change anything overall in the game? Extra mana cost? Less armor reduction?

If 125hp and 100 armor makes a difference in strength then... I'm out of words, really.

May 14, 2009 2:11:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most people don't read the forums and have no idea whatsoever about the Erebus nerf.

May 14, 2009 2:13:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Node202,
The nerf hasn't been implemented yet as far as I know. Erebus is still the same.

Also, the light side one the first tournament and from what I gather, they typically have the better players.

If you think the darkside players dropped out in the pantheon before the nerf even happened, then your nuts. People will see that despite the Erebus nerf, better players will beat lesser players. For instance, my slightly above average Erebus was lost 3 pantheon games yesterday thanks to people playing with friends some how ( two games the guys admitted they were partners).

Yeah, Forces of Light won the first match, but at that point in time Erebus was very unknown... it was Regulus that was cried over as being overpowered. Then once second Tournament came around, it was Unclean Beast and Erebus.... once players found out about Erebus being able to kill so quickly and effectively, they started using him... and if you watched the rankings at this point... the Darkness got a HUGE lead and all of the top players on the Darkness side were Erebus players.

And of course better players will beat weaker players... duh. What people are referring to when they speak of Erebus, is how, Erebus fighting in a 1vs1 against an opponent of the same skill level using any other Demigod, will always win. It's his batswarm/stun/bite/mist/bite/+minions/stun/mist/batswarm out/kill combo. Fast cooldowns, health, and extremely high DPS... all in a matter of seconds.... oh and invulnerability... oh.. and minions. It all combines for a character that pretty much can't be beat.

May 14, 2009 2:14:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ProximityFixed,
How is a bit less damage from bite going to change anything overall in the game? Extra mana cost? Less armor reduction?

If 125hp and 100 armor makes a difference in strength then... I'm out of words, really.

I just found it funny that ever since the patch, the rankings have totally changed and the Light are now winning. They were getting their asses kicked before the patch.

May 14, 2009 2:14:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The nerf hasn't been released.

May 14, 2009 2:18:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Ah... I was under the impression it did. We got a minor update tuesday that I figured was the GPG patch including the nerf. I also saw an Erebus player ragequitting about the nerf lol, so I assumed it was in effect. Wait til he hears this....Heh...

May 14, 2009 2:33:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What DID change with the patch was reintroducing bots only games as a regular occurence in Pantheon. Just saying.

May 14, 2009 2:39:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Proto you just made yourself sound like a complete idiot.

May 14, 2009 3:26:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL some people are just out to grief and moan and make up effects of nerfs that haven't even occurred yet.

Ya I have a friend who plays Reg that shot himself in the mouth the other day cause they nerfed snipe down to 45 yards! hahahaha I hate him and how he looks around the map and zooms out! I love misery and moaning!

May 14, 2009 3:36:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

/thread

May 14, 2009 3:49:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The patch that JUST came out now includes the nerf.  So ya...

May 14, 2009 4:37:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What DID change with the patch was reintroducing bots only games as a regular occurence in Pantheon. Just saying.

Yeah, this makes all pantheon statistics completely meaningless IMO

May 14, 2009 6:21:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 6The nerf hasn't been released.
/thread

This coming form the guy who ragequit because he ALSO thought the Erebus nerf was out.

May 14, 2009 6:25:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What was the minor update that came out on satu

Quoting tassox33,
Proto you just made yourself sound like a complete idiot.

What was the patch that came out tuesday? I know I downloaded May 11th's patch, but there was also a May 12 patch that came out, it might've been a minor update. I assumed a long with a lot of other people, that the minor update on tuesday was in fact todays patch. Also... what's with all the Erebus griefers and whiners about the patch then? I even went through some threads and saw people talking about how they played as Erebus and that now Erebus is useless because of the patch (this happened tuesday). lol wtf...?

May 14, 2009 6:54:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My own theory is that the Forces of Light have both Regulus and Rook, the two best fortress killers. Not a big deal on its own in Conquest, but when Pantheon gets a fetish for Fortress mode, it can tilt the balance.

May 14, 2009 7:32:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Queen of Thorns is a pretty good Fortress killer too... Anyway, imo Erebus wasn't nearly as overpowered as first thought and then, on top of that, with all the talk of him being overpowered, he undoubtedly gained new converts who were expecting instant win and instead found that it still takes some skill/knowledge to get him to the point of even possibly being overpowered.  I also think that other players have gotten some time to figure out how to handle him better as well when facing him.

May 14, 2009 7:36:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You sure do enjoy posting about erebus nerfing, don't you.

May 14, 2009 7:45:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The dark side would win if we had more rage quitters. Once everyone on a side quits in pantheon the winner doesn't get anything recorded.

May 14, 2009 7:51:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, this makes all pantheon statistics completely meaningless IMO

Agreed.  I just looked at the top player on Forces of Light and about 90% of his games his opponents received 0 favor.  I'm assuming here that means that they are bots, otherwise they would have at least 10 favor.

When bots are introduced into a competetive scoring system it completely nullifies any meaning behind it.  To me this just means the more active side that plays more games will be the winners of Pantheon since playing bots is an automatic win.

May 14, 2009 8:08:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DoKTa_T,
You sure do enjoy posting about erebus nerfing, don't you.

lol, so true. I was wondering when someone would point this out. Proto, just let Erebus go already.

May 14, 2009 8:37:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Quoting Chaosnaska, reply 11
Quoting Frogboy, reply 6The nerf hasn't been released.
/thread
This coming form the guy who ragequit because he ALSO thought the Erebus nerf was out.

Never happened. that was just a troll.

Noob.

May 14, 2009 8:45:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bad thread from bad poster

its one thing to think erebus is op its another to think hes so op its going to show a difference on parth when hes nerfed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.