The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Escapist Review of Demigod

By on May 14, 2009 1:45:49 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The folks at Escapistmagazine.com have posted their review of Demigod.  It’s a great review with an accompanying video as well.

“Ultimately - and it feels strange to say this - I think Demigod almost does DotA better than DotA does. It doesn't have quite the depth of the older game yet, but it's still young, and it still has room to grow. The gameplay is solid, the map design is really cool, the heroes are all different and yet all fun to play, and really, my biggest gripe (other than the lack of characters and difficulty getting online) is that sometimes the camera controls were a bit unintuitive, or that some of the item tooltips are unclear. Now all Stardock and Gas Powered Games need is for some Swedish guy to make a techno song about the game, and then they can call it an unabashed success. “

Read the full review, and watch the video at escapistmagazine.com.

+460 Karma | 12 Replies
May 14, 2009 2:32:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't wait until I get my hands on it. When my local BestBuy get them restocked that is...

need to spend my $5 reward coupon.

May 14, 2009 2:57:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My bestbuy in Boston had 8 at launch and there are 4 left. 

May 14, 2009 2:57:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I sadly expected Zero Puncation

May 14, 2009 3:13:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hed rip teh game on principle alone

May 14, 2009 3:24:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thomas he mostly doesn't do RTS's, at all I think. Even though it isn't really a RTS, its still in that style of play. Lol well ok he did Halo Wars but I think thats the only one hes done.

May 14, 2009 3:36:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thomas45567,

indeed it would be epic, you know he would mention ....... the multiplayer connection issues 

May 14, 2009 4:01:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lordkosc,

Quoting Thomas45567,
reply 3

indeed it would be epic, you know he would mention ....... the multiplayer connection issues 

damn it i expected zero punctioation as well. total disappointment!  this dude sounds like he's dead.

that youtube video is halarious btw

May 14, 2009 5:42:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wanted ZP too!

May 14, 2009 10:47:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm glad it wasn't Zero Punctuation. I've seen some of his reviews, and even though I didn't really like those games, he seemed to be criticizing them for all the wrong reasons. I know it's mostly supposed to be funny, but still.

Anyway, it's nice to see Demigod get good reviews after its rather shaky beginning.

May 15, 2009 2:24:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook smaaaash! It was worth it for that alone. =D

May 16, 2009 12:03:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HappyWulf,
Rook smaaaash! It was worth it for that alone. =D
Hey, that's my line... did he steal it?!  (I don't like these stupid video based reviews...  I can read in 5 minutes what it takes them 30 minutes to say, and it just doesn't keep my interest to go so slow.)

May 16, 2009 12:27:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good stuff!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.