The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can I run this game?

By on May 12, 2009 9:36:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have more intensive games on my system and was wondering if this one will run properly. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz processor and a Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro viedo card with 512 MB of DDR2 VRAM. I tried a friends copy of the game and there was extreme lag so I unistalled it. I still couldn't believe that this game would lag so much seeing as I can run other newer games without a problem.

Can someone help me before I shell out the cash to buy something I can't use?

0 Karma | 16 Replies
May 12, 2009 9:54:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, don't waste your money on it. Your system is little better then a toaster, unfortunately.

Imo, see if you "dvd player" isn't really a place to stick bread.

May 12, 2009 10:33:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Chaos, you really hate being polite, don't you?

May 12, 2009 10:50:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't get it, you already said you tried a friend's copy.  then you come here and ask if you can run it??

No, your game will be slow and laggy with your specs.

May 12, 2009 10:58:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well before putting the lid on this, search for the "/nosound" fix, that helped me, my computer ran very buggy until i resolved my sound drivers issues.. HT Omega striker

May 13, 2009 1:57:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did try it and the game was laggy, but I checked the specs for the game and imo, I didn't see anything wrong with my system. As I said before, I run more intensive games and I don't get the lag that I get from Demigod. The only other game that rund extremely slow is Cryostasis and the reason for that is my processor and video card. That game requires a better system.

May 13, 2009 2:46:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you tried it, did you alter the default settings under "Video" ? I don't know how much difference they will make, but you can set everything lower (detail level, turn off aliasing, etc) and this should help. Sometimes there is a tipping point with computers where a small change makes a large difference in outcome. And ignore Chaosnaska (even if it was quite funny). I wouldn't buy it out of sheer optimism though. If it wont run well, I'd save the money for a new graphics card or whatever else you fancy. Lots of fun things you can get for US$40, don't waste it on something you can't use.

May 13, 2009 9:24:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Newb and all....except Chaos....for your help. Looks like I'll have to see if I can upgrade some components of my system: video card, processor, mobo, hard drives. Wish this site had a way to lose Karma instead of just gaining it.

May 13, 2009 9:58:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was going to say check systemrequirementslab.com but apparently they don't have an option for demigod. Wonder whats up with that =P

The good news is computer components are dirt cheap.

May 13, 2009 10:41:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game runs playably with all settings on low on my laptop, which is:

Intel Dual Core T3200 2.00GHz

Intel 4 Series graphics (want to say something like Intel 4500HD? Can't remember, and system info doesn't specify)

3 GB RAM.

That's pretty damn low end.

May 13, 2009 10:53:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a similar system to the OP and it's just laggy.  It's not worth upgrading as someone already mentioned, he has to buy video, mobo, cpu, etc so might as well get a whole new computer.

This game does not run well on any single core processor.  Dual core cpu came out 3 years ago.  The system requirements are vauge but multicore is a must.  So most computers older than 3 years will not run this game well.  Does this game have low system requirements?  That's debatable as everyone has different standards.   imho, this game has medium requirements (not too high, not too low).

May 13, 2009 11:28:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i doubt your comp could run it dude it might  if u doo some major ram upgrades and other parts  but i would surrgest buying a new comp if you really want to play this because upgrading a old comp is like

getting parcetmol for a broken leg it wont last long

May 13, 2009 1:30:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Master Shake,
The game runs playably with all settings on low on my laptop, which is:

Intel Dual Core T3200 2.00GHz

Intel 4 Series graphics (want to say something like Intel 4500HD? Can't remember, and system info doesn't specify)

3 GB RAM.

That's pretty damn low end.

Not directly relevant for the OP, but I can confirm the game runs fine with an Mobile intel GMA 4500MHD, 2.26 ghz dual core and 3 g working memory. And actually, you can turn details and textures on high and it still runs smoothly (just so you know, Master Shake

May 13, 2009 1:42:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i use quad core and nvidia  8800gtx  and 4 gb ram

May 13, 2009 2:27:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Never trust minimum requirement spec for enjoyment on a PC game. Except blizzard stuffs, well, because they like low spec games.

Demigod is totally a dual or more core game. If you have single core, then most likely no one online will play with you due to poor sim speed.

May 13, 2009 3:08:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, when I played on Vista (I've changed to Windows 7) the game was unplayable but now when I changed OS the game works better. I'm guessing it's becouse I have nothing running in the background.

May 14, 2009 1:40:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Syltman,
Well, when I played on Vista (I've changed to Windows 7) the game was unplayable but now when I changed OS the game works better. I'm guessing it's becouse I have nothing running in the background.

because vista takes alot of power to run  but in the future the amount of power it takes will seem minimal 

vista was made by bill gates as his last  OS  so in a few years i doubt they will change it but it will still be good

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.