The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pro tips from a Pro who gives Tips

Learn, good nooblets, about this great game

By on May 12, 2009 9:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a fact, many of you QQ. Unfortunately, those who QQ are usually the inexperienced nubs.  This is to solve this issue by giving you general tips for ANY demigod.

So, sit back, read, be pro.

Fact: Many of you want to be pro, and try to be cool. This is a video documenting your pathetic attempts

Obviously, the first attempt was successful because she listened to me.  The second was a noob dying to Erebus' COMPLETELY BALANCED skillz.  The cat is me.

Now, the second player did THREE things to fail so hard- he OVEREXTENDED himself,  he RAN INTO TOWERS, and he NEVER USED CONSUMABLES.

1.  Overextending is a common problem for most noobs.  Towers are CRUCIAL for support, and often scare off would be dominators.  STAY CLOSE, these are best defended.  Also, NEVER CHASE a demigod into HIS towers.... which brings me to exactly my next point

2. STOP. It's better to let the other player LIVE with 45 health than to kill him and DIE.  So, stop, and DON'T run into the enemy team's towers.  If you manage to get the other Demigod low on HPs, then let him take the 40seconds to go back and heal, and kill his tower.  Next encounter, you will be able to kill him- this is preparing for the future.

3.  If you are low, its better to spend 400gold on a potion than 40seconds running back to your crystal.  You defend your tower, and are able to whittle the other guy down.

I hope this helps!  These 3 points are the REASON you guys die to Erebus.  He was DESIGNED to capitalize on noobs who don't account for at least 2 of these points, and you will ALWAYS die overextending.

Enjoy my peons.

+25 Karma | 75 Replies
May 12, 2009 9:40:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shameless BUMP

May 12, 2009 9:46:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man I love cat videos. +1 from me !

May 12, 2009 9:48:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also worth mentioning that if you see a 2v1 about to happen, get the HELL out of dodge. Most times I'm caught and killed is because I have somehow missed the 2v1 gangbang approaching and hung around a split second or two longer than i should of. One unlucky stun and you = toast.

May 12, 2009 9:50:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ezzekhiel,
Man I love cat videos. +1 from me !

BUt if you did not learn, young grasshopper, then I have ultimately failed.

May 12, 2009 9:52:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find the best strategy in Demigod is to be solo nearly 100% of the time, at all costs.  This makes it so when the enemy team gang up only you die and not your teammate.

Hope this helps!

May 12, 2009 9:52:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually played a game last night against Deepjay and company and was thoroughly destroyed because I was too focused on fighting the Demigod in front of me, and was less aware of the Demigod coming from behind. I don't intend to repeat that mistake

May 12, 2009 9:55:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I never learn nuttin' souse yous FAIL!1111

May 12, 2009 9:56:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys, this isn't your soap box to give tips.

Please leave counter-noob propaganda tactics to the professionals.

May 12, 2009 9:57:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. STOP. It's better to let the other player LIVE with 45 health than to kill him and DIE.  So, stop, and DON'T run into the enemy team's towers.  If you manage to get the other Demigod low on HPs, then let him take the 40seconds to go back and heal, and kill his tower.  Next encounter, you will be able to kill him- this is preparing for the future.

There are many times if you're 1v1 in a lane where it is beneficial to kill them and die.  You get full gold for the kill and they get 0 when you die (unless someone else was assissting in killing you, so it's not that helpful if there are more than 1 enemy demigods when you attempt this)

they're not going to just let you kill them when they come back from healing so easily as you say.

May 12, 2009 9:59:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Chaosnaska
This is a bad post. Please lock mods

May 12, 2009 9:59:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Please leave counter-noob propaganda tactics to the professionals.

Most characters, especially assassins I like to max out enhanced attributes first so that way the enemy team has a harder time trying to kill me.  Stocking up on 6-7 health potions is a big help too!

May 12, 2009 10:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I see a Demigod with low health on the opposing team I usually let him escape and heal as a way to say "Hey man, better luck next time".  I believe this builds on the community and helps foster long lasting friendships in a very multiplayer oriented game.  Good sportsmanship is key.

May 12, 2009 10:07:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PRO TIPS

May 12, 2009 10:08:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the help... much appreciated!

May 12, 2009 10:19:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um, no there's more to it than that. These are hardly pro tips.

The problem lies in Erebus's ability to dominate the area BETWEEN all of the towers. Thus why he got his much needed nerfing. He's a general who kills Demigods almost as good if not better than Reg and UB and TB who ARE the main harassers and DG killers. It's Erebus extremely high DPS, minions, healing, and easy retreat that make him such an OPed character. He's unstoppable, Reg and UB being tied for second.

When you have two players of the SAME skill level battling eachother out, the Erebus will always win. It's his powerful 1 vs 1 ability that make him so formidable and thus why people complain about him so much.

This is a team game yes, but the reason why people complain about him so much, is because erebus doesn't even need a teammate to dominate. He can get in, fuck shit up, heal, get out, get back in quick, kill them, then get back out. No other Demigod can do it as fast and effectively as erebus while retaining high health without using a potion or item (Sedna being an exception but she can damage for shit)

May 12, 2009 10:20:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I'm UB, I usually spit on people with low health, even if it's not strong enough to kill. It's like saying "You better not just stand behind your creeps just to get exp while you have low health."

May 12, 2009 10:24:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
Um, no there's more to it than that. These are hardly pro tips.

The problem lies in Erebus's ability to dominate the area BETWEEN all of the towers. Thus why he got his much needed nerfing. He's a general who kills Demigods almost as good if not better than Reg and UB and TB who ARE the main harassers and DG killers. It's Erebus extremely high DPS, minions, healing, and easy retreat that make him such an OPed character. He's unstoppable, Reg and UB being tied for second.

When you have two players of the SAME skill level battling eachother out, the Erebus will always win. It's his powerful 1 vs 1 ability that make him so formidable and thus why people complain about him so much.

This is a team game yes, but the reason why people complain about him so much, is because erebus doesn't even need a teammate to dominate. He can get in, fuck shit up, heal, get out, get back in quick, kill them, then get back out. No other Demigod can do it as fast and effectively as erebus while retaining high health without using a potion or item (Sedna being an exception but she can damage for shit)

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Please refer to the tips above to help your general noob dispostion.

May 12, 2009 10:34:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Quoting Protocept00, reply 15Um, no there's more to it than that. These are hardly pro tips.

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Please refer to the tips above to help your general noob dispostion.

No, YOU obviously don't know what you are talking about. I've looked at your stats, you are not shit. lol. You are just a primary Erebus character who is upset because his OPed demigod of choice got nerfed. Your "tips" only apply to brand newcomers and are necessary things to be aware of versing ANY Demigod. It does not address WHY erebus was/is Oped. Which he very obviously is/was.

lol Besides, I have a higher rank than you do and have played a lot more games than you have, and I'd be glad to humble you in a game of Demigod, however, since this is not a 1vs1 game, and erebus is the #1 1vs1 player, I will play you in a team game as teamwork is what the game is about.

May 12, 2009 10:37:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you are slower then the enemy do not help your teamate that is at 600 health, let him die.. or you will die along with him. (Tassox33's last game.. 8-1 <-- noob)

May 12, 2009 10:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haha, I love it when people call themselves pros (at video games).  It cracks me up haha.

May 12, 2009 10:50:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Own for a newb and he loses next game, teach a newb to own and he wins forever

- Jesus

May 12, 2009 10:51:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pro tip: go back to 4chan already

All your threads and responses are pretty much garbage. It's says a lot that you're still able to continue posting here due to your abusive posts towards other members and your spam junk threads.

May 12, 2009 10:52:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shameless Bump

May 12, 2009 10:53:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't mind pro-tips. But I have some n00bQQ's:

What about when playing Dominate and your towers aren't near the flags?

What if you arent leveling very quickly because all the xp stuff dies before it reaches you and your tower?

What if you never have any money because you aren't killing any dg's, capturing gold mines, and are powering through health potions like so many Energy Drinks?

What if our enemy has outlevelled you to the point where tower damage is inconsequential and is now bringing the fight to you and owns the entire board because you've been turtling?

May 12, 2009 10:53:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Please leave counter-noob propaganda tactics to the wankerface retards who claim to be professionals.

+1

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.