The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

…for tomorrow…

By on May 11, 2009 11:53:36 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Well I have good news and I have bad news.  The good news is, based on talking to people in game lobbies, the new update works great for a lot of people who couldn’t previously connect and are blissfully unaware that anyone is having any problems.  The bad news is that there are people who had good times previously now having problems. Sigh.

Well, we have on deck another update for tomorrow fresh from GPG:

· Lord Erebus: Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased

· Integrated newest DLLs

· Fix for looping audio track after leaving character select screens

· Fix for audio volumes not being reset on restart

· Adding /skipintro command line to bypass intro movies

· Cleaned up the achievement code so that the CVP Interface no longer maintains a copy of Guest data per peer. Instead you now only have your own achievement data.

· Demigod now checks the return code on GetPlayerData when OnNatComplete is called. If it fails Demigod does not accept the connection.

· OnNatComplete now returns 1 for success.

· OnNatComplete now returns failure if the playerName is empty.

This, in theory, combined with some tweaks on our end, should, I hope, take care of the flakiness some have had with lobby. But I make no promises.

Our end all, be all, update is scheduled (note: scheduled not promised) for Thursday. That’s where proxies and such are scheduled to go live. If you still have matchmaking connectivity you then have real reason to worry.

We’ll keep you update to date.

+912 Karma | 51 Replies
May 11, 2009 11:54:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great to hear. Thanks Frogman

Hopefully this will be the golden patch

May 11, 2009 11:57:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you still have matchmaking connectivity [issues?] you then have real reason to worry.

Been quiet about all this business but thanks for the updates and fast response, devs.  I know it hasn't been easy or ideal, but you are making it right and we appreciate it.

Kestrel

May 12, 2009 12:00:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm appreciating the effort of SD/GPG to fix the game.

May 12, 2009 12:03:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Count me in as one of the ones who previously worked and doesn't work now with this patch. I can imagine what you guys are going through on your end. Good luck. Hope to see this thing working sometime this week ...

My wife and I are on the same IP here at home and we can't connect to any games. Sounds like a NAT problem to me. One of the guys in a game I finally got into was saying that he can't connect to anyone in his house, so sounds like he is having the same kind of problem that we are.

May 12, 2009 12:10:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't even log in to your Internet anymore, I keep getting the message that my username or password is invalid. And then it hangs, and I have to bring up Task Manager to get out. This is with the name and pw saved by default and not touched in the time since I bought this game (and logged in countless times).

And it took 2-3 minutes just to connect to *that* screen. You've got some problems to work out ...

May 12, 2009 12:18:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm glad we're seeing some balancing already. This will make Erebus less of a pain in everyone's rear, except for the wh res that exploit his advantages ...

May 12, 2009 12:18:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Count me in too as someone who is having frequent issues (being in NZ could be part of the issue). Saying that, I've been a customer of Stardock for a pretty long time and I have all the faith in the world that the guys at SD & GPG are working their butts off on getting things right.They have done so for everything else I've ever bought from them.

The amount of flaming that's been going on seems to be pretty excessive (as a whole - not this thread) and I think people need to get a bit of perspective. If things were being ignored and patches were not even arriving then that is one thing, but from what I can see SD are bashing out the patches in near record time.

Thanks for making the effort guys - it is appreciated.

May 12, 2009 12:28:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Best of luck getting this one down!

I don't mind not being able to play much this week, have a ton of work to get through myself, so I'll look forward to the update later this week/weekend.

I'm sure everyone except Erebus players will love that nerf.

May 12, 2009 12:30:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah keep up the good work SD/GPG dont give up on this game, as it can/will be much more popular in the near future.

May 12, 2009 12:34:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

· Lord Erebus: Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased

...damage decreased? if you are making it cost more mana, again, then why nerf it completely? also, why the erebus nerf, but no sedna, oak, or tb nerfs?

May 12, 2009 12:41:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RegnorVex
I keep getting the message that my username or password is invalid

Try deleting the file 'Games.prefs' which is located here:

YOUR USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod

Then launch Demigod and try to log into multiplayer.

May 12, 2009 1:05:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus gets the nerf bat.  Awesome.

/skipintro!!!!!!!! Awesome, i'm sick of it after seeing it for 4 months.  especially restarting demigod after crashes.

May 12, 2009 1:10:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

damn i was not having any issues getting a connection before this, actually i still don't but a two people i play with do have problems where they just can't connect to certain people making those people drop half way through the game.

Also I agree if the mana cost is being increased for bite (substancially) then why go all out and nerf it completely.

May 12, 2009 1:22:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hopefully a yay for proxies and a big yay for Frogboy and his team.

May 12, 2009 1:48:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol whats up with the problem for the intro? I have always just been able to hit ESC and skip it anyways heh. And Erebus got what Erebus deserved imo, and to answer the question why not the others? Well, Erebus was being called out as cheap and op by a far larger crowd. Now the other demis can get their turn being yelled about being OPed heh.

May 12, 2009 1:54:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok im glad that others who were having problems are off to a better start but having this game work all day then have an update that dunks on my connection like LeBron James dunks on a four year old is frustrating.

May 12, 2009 1:54:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nooo, not Erebus:( I Erebus

PS. good work on the updates though

May 12, 2009 2:01:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting G4N35H,

why the erebus nerf, but no sedna, oak, or tb nerfs?

Because they weren't broke like Erebus was?

May 12, 2009 2:02:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As much as I applaud your efforts, I'm hoping you'll improve the single player. I've only played to games on line twice but I've already run into too many trash talking assholes to wanna be a part of this community. I'm a noob and I'm sure I suck but I lasted for over an hour before my teammate turned his mouth on me.

I'll settle for a decent AI.

May 12, 2009 2:12:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You must of been severly unlucky Joseph because I haven't ran into anyone yet really. A guy got mad at me and my teammate cus we beat them but thats kinda justified heh.

May 12, 2009 2:13:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello Erebus, Meet Nerf Bat. WHAAACK!!!!

May 12, 2009 2:17:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus wasn't "broken", just a bit overpowered.  This balances the game a bit more, and it's pretty balanced already.  Now I hope they fix some items and favor items and a good chunk of them (favor ones mostly), are useless.  By useless I mean no one uses them or buys them.

May 12, 2009 2:17:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gawd.  I feel like it's one step forward and 4 steps backward.  The lobby before game launch keeps crashing.  Now I can't even log back into Demigod because of an Invalid user name.  It's nice that you can get into the lobby fast now, but it sure seems like people that fail to connect take up a slot anyway.  I have sat there in a 5/6 game for 10 minutes and no one joined.  Weird if it was showing in the game browser that no one would join a nearly full game.

10 minutes since the last crash from the lobby and it still says invalid user name / password.

May 12, 2009 2:23:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That’s where proxies and such are scheduled to go live.

Would port forwarding still be required to play Demigod online ?

May 12, 2009 2:38:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fingers crossed, hopefully it's fixed once and for all!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000828   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.