The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Monday update is up but…

By on May 11, 2009 10:47:34 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Against the team’s better judgment, we went ahead and put up the update tonight since I had said we would have an update today. It has the major improvements promised but there’s still some flakey custom lobby behavior that will need to be looked at (play skirmish and pantheon for best results).

We had the game staged and testing for a long while but we kept trying to reproduce a bug reported from the beta where ImpulsePlayer was being inserted into lobbies.  Anyway, the temp fix for that will result with some flakey custom game lobby behavior (skirmish and pantheon are fine).  So odds are, we’ll release a minor update tomorrow to tweak that.

The symptom, for those of you who run into it, is players called “test” as well as players not being removed from the connection list. 

More to come.

+912 Karma | 38 Replies
May 12, 2009 1:42:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, if everyone else left the game, it was probably you that dropped.

May 12, 2009 1:54:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats usually true Teseer but there was a game today where everyone else dropped and I got the win for playing through the game heh.

Im so sick of everyone whining about effort.  LEARN TO FOWARD PORTS ON YOUR ROUTER.   This is probably your biggest problem with connections

This is also a major culprit. I went and opened up all the ports on my router for this game which is 6100 through 6200 UDP Protocol and I am sure Frogboy put this in a thread somewhere but it fixed alot of the problems I was having although yes the game is still far from perfect on the multiplayer scene.

May 12, 2009 2:39:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They really need to put a message about port forwarding IN the game so that people that don't visits forums know about it.

May 12, 2009 3:19:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BenderB,

Quoting VarekRaith, reply 19
If you miss a deadline, people complain.  If you meet the deadline with a few problems, people complain.  In the end, no matter what happens, people complain!  Fun stuff /

Exactly. That's why the smart thing to do is to NOT provide patch deadlines to the public populace, and NOT define exactly what is meant to be fixed in each patch.

That way, people will learn to expect a patch when it's ready, and be thankful that it fixes the things that it does.

Instead, at the moment people are expecting a patch on a particular day that will fix particular things, giving people a rightful reason to complain.

Then they'll bitch and moan that no one is talking to them... sorry no matter what you do some asshole somewhere is going to be put off by it..

May 12, 2009 5:11:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jdub121686,
Im so sick of everyone whining about effort.  LEARN TO FOWARD PORTS ON YOUR ROUTER.   This is probably your biggest problem with connections.

and for the people that have 2 computers behind hide nat and wish to use both at the same time?

(not to mention people who actaully care about internet security).

/Theo

May 12, 2009 5:34:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then you'll have a problem. That's the nature of online play.

May 12, 2009 9:26:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting trindermon,
and for the people that have 2 computers behind hide nat and wish to use both at the same time?

Can they use the .exe to set each game to use different ports, and then forward those ports to each of the machines as needed?

May 12, 2009 10:17:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting roy7,

Can they use the .exe to set each game to use different ports, and then forward those ports to each of the machines as needed?

Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP SP3 (32-Bit Only) / Vista SP1 (32- or 64-Bit)
  • 2.4 GHz Processor
  • 512 MB Available System Memory
  • 8 GB Available Hard Drive Space
  • 128 MB 3D Video Card (ATI Radeon X1600 / Nvidia GeForce 6800 or better)*
  • Sound Card
  • Broadband Internet Connection for Multiplayer
  • Stardock's Impulse Required for Updates/Digital Download
  • PHD in Applied Networking Principles 

See what i did there?

May 12, 2009 10:34:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hopefully proxy servers will be up soon ;_;

Quoting Jdub121686,
Im so sick of everyone whining about effort.  LEARN TO FOWARD PORTS ON YOUR ROUTER.   This is probably your biggest problem with connections.

Hard to forward ports on my router if I have absolutely no control over my router.

May 12, 2009 10:58:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah same.  I don't have access to my routers settings.  The settings are blocked by an administrator user name and password which the ISP has acess to for technical support reasons I would imagine.

May 12, 2009 12:47:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy (or someone whom knows),

Can explain to me why all of my pantheon games have been 2v2. Looking forward to some 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 pantheon games? Is this possible ?

thanks

May 12, 2009 1:02:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can explain to me why all of my pantheon games have been 2v2.

It depends on how many people are looking for games at the time, and how easily they can connect to others, AFAIK.

May 12, 2009 2:02:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the first time EVER I have now been able to join a lobby, and not having 0 ms ping against other players. I could even play as well!

So for me this has been best ever Demigod patch!

To bad not everyone feels the same....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.