The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I SEE THE LIGHT AHEAD(the latest beta)

By on May 9, 2009 3:14:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok so im one of those players who couldnt connect to any custom games after ALL port forwarding efforts

but after this latest beta i can get into lobbys very quickly, and connect to the host

but this is what happens to me:

when somebody else talks in chat the players name doesnt show up, it just has [ImpulsePlayer]:

everyone else who connects has 0ms, except for the host (they have a normal ping)

also when i check "connection information" it just has my players name and thats it, no other peoples names at all

keep up the good work everyone at stardock!!

+24 Karma | 15 Replies
May 9, 2009 3:22:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The reason behind the 0 ping is because the UI was built to display NAT info, but what you are experiencing is Host service (I wish i knew the groovy shortname for this).

You are not seeing other players Pings because your computer is recieving all needed information through the host, who is aquiring all information from all players.  Its a stable setup, but if you get a host to ragequit, GG.

May 9, 2009 3:25:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so that means i can play?

May 9, 2009 5:32:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, this post is sensationalized.  The BETA didn't fix much, but gave the APPEARANCE of progress.

Honestly, all this patch did was bring up how this community WANTS a fix that it will deem any progress a godsend.

May 9, 2009 6:00:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the favor items are fixed

May 9, 2009 6:26:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, this post is sensationalized. The BETA didn't fix much, but gave the APPEARANCE of progress.

Honestly, all this patch did was bring up how this community WANTS a fix that it will deem any progress a godsend.
Nope, this patch fixed my connection problems. First online game that worked since I got the game. All this beta patch need is some final polish on the UI. In custom games and in the Patheon game I had the same 0 ping as described by OP. Everything else worked just fine.

And sorry to my teammate, the rook, still trying to get the hang of the game.

May 9, 2009 6:36:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NO! now i get "cannot connect to a NAT facilitator. please try again later"

i havent changed any settings on my router either

edit: just worked again..

ok so i just found out that when my brother is playing WC3 at the same time this NAT error occurs, going to try and disable ports 6112-6119, will give feedback soon

May 9, 2009 7:39:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

StAcK3D I'm having the exect same issue as you.

I can connect to games and get a ping to the host, but zero to anyone else in the lobby. If I host no one can join the lobby.

I have ports forwarded, tried with dmz also. Have tried impulse reactor with ports 6100-6200 or 6000-6200.

I have neither a hardware or windows firewall enabled.

What's going on with this???????

May 9, 2009 8:37:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

australia ftl it seems, too far away lol.

i got a dlink DI-524 router and 2wire 2071-a modem, could be the issue, im with TPG also

and i use a wireless NIC aswell

May 9, 2009 6:28:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok so i just found out that when my brother is playing WC3 at the same time this NAT error occurs, going to try and disable ports 6112-6119, will give feedback soon

so i disabled those ports on my router for hosting, and changed my ports in "impulsereactor" to 6120-6200 and now i join lobbys whilst he is playing WC3 , hopefully that helps some people out who are having problems

May 9, 2009 6:42:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This new beta patch has added something the previous patch didn't have...added in-game lag at random times and the game just freezes for about 30 seconds occasionally at the end of a match (citadel destroyed).

That's not a feature I want!!!!

May 9, 2009 6:56:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting xclavex,
This new beta patch has added something the previous patch didn't have...added in-game lag at random times and the game just freezes for about 30 seconds occasionally at the end of a match (citadel destroyed).

That's not a feature I want!!!!

well the beta is a big step up for plays who havent even connected to a game they bought 3 weeks ago!

May 9, 2009 11:40:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,
australia ftl it seems, too far away lol.

i got a dlink DI-524 router and 2wire 2071-a modem, could be the issue, im with TPG also

and i use a wireless NIC aswell

None of my mates in Aus have had this problem, they can all at least connect but hav experienced the same general issues as everyone else.

I am using a Billion 7402 adsl modem and I am with Exetel, so that likely excludes modem and ISP as issues.

I'm running Vista 32bit, dont see how thats relevant though. I really need an answer from a stardockian about this but I find it hard to get them to help.

May 10, 2009 6:43:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

<- similar setup to OP.

I only get the cant connect to one person.

Then it says NAT failed, u will be disconnected...

The patch helped me stop crashing everytime it couldnt connect to someone.

May 10, 2009 7:03:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am using a Billion 7402 adsl modem

i am using ADSL aswell, i just found on the forums that ADSL doesnt work very well with the networking system demigod uses

May 10, 2009 7:46:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Edit: wups

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.