The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: Ao & Ona, the Twins. (Assassin)

By on May 9, 2009 1:44:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands. This is my 4th Demigod Idea. I figured I'd round it out, now I have one of each type for each side.

Demigod: Ao & Ona (Assassin)

Appearance: A headless, tattooed giant about half the size of rook holding two sickly, young children, a boy and girl, one in a 'seat' upon his shoulders, and one cradled in his left arm. The children are dressed in rags.In his right arm he carries a savage looking scepter or mace.

Summary: Ao & Ona; Psychic Twins in control of their massive guardian. Switching between the two, Ao & Ona go from a tough, implacable tank to a savage, unstoppable melee juggernaut. Ona is normally dominant, sitting on the juggernaut's shoulders. She uses abilities like mana sheild, meditation, and psychic lash to hold the line and attack from afar. However, Ao is much the stronger and aggressive twin, and when he takes control of the juggernaut, he becomes an engine of destruction, able to use his devastating abilities without regard for mana, though this takes it's toll on the twins' health. The trick, then, is to balance Ona's calm, methodical presence with the savage fury of Ao to take enemies off guard, without leading them into their demise.

When the Duchess grew heavy with child, rumors flew. The Duchess was yet unmarried, and notoriously promiscuous. All the realm wondered who the father was, and the Duchess would never tell. The father himself, however, believed that he knew perfectly well. The Duchess' court mage, a wise yet vigorous man, and something of a coward, was content to keep his peace.
    At the birth of the twins, the Duchess was dismayed to find them sickly. A little boy and girl, both albinos, she named them Ao and Ona, after the cursed children of the last Gordian king. Such inauspicious names bothered the father, but still he kept his peace, and the children were thus raised in an atmosphere of cold neglect from their mother, and hidden warmth from their father, who saw them every day and yet could never reveal himself.
    The twins were always strange children. They rarely spoke aloud, and never to each other. This wasn't due to distaste, but from lack of need. The siblings seemed to always know exactly where the other was, and what they were thinking. Strange events surrounded them: Moving furniture, sudden changes in temperature, and other phenominae. They never had any trouble convincing others to do what they wanted. It soon became common knowledge that the twins had strange powers, and their father was commissioned to make wards to protect their caretakers from their influence.
    Ao and Ona were never in any danger until 10 years later, when the Duchess became pregnant once more, and gave birth to a healthy, squalling boy. Unsatisfied with Ao and Ona as her heirs, she set about planning to have them sent away and murdered. Hearing of this plot, the father came close to confronting the duchess and condemning her, but alas he was too frightened of his mistress.
    Instead, in his workshop, he began constructing a guardian that would take them far away from the Duchess and protect them ever after. A large statue of living bronze in the shape of a giant man, he spent many days toiling over it, instilling it with absolute loyalty to his children. He was in such a hurry to complete it, however, that he left out the head.
    Too soon, the Duchess set her plot into motion. Under pretense of sending the twins to visit their grandmother in the next county, she sent them into the wilderness with soldiers utterly loyal to her. Upon hearing of their departure, their father pannicked and sent his construct after them unfinished. The construct was imposing, but headless, and it knew not how to fight effectively.
    By the time the construct found them, however, it was too late. Their 'guards' had just snapped both of their necks. However, the construct was aware that they still lived. Scooping them up in it's massive arms, it turned to take them away from the bewildered guards. Suddenly, it stopped. It turned. Their colorless eyes blazing with betrayed fury, the twins had taken control of their would be savior. Placing Ao upon it's shoulders, where he sat in the hollow where it's neck would have joined it's torso. It picked up it's massive mace, and advanced on the guards, who attempted to run, but found themselves frozen in place but an unseen force.
    When the guards were dead, the twins marched their construct, which they named juggernaut, back to their home. Seething with juvenile hatred, they slaughtered the people one by one, and tore down the keep. Saving their parents for last, corralling them into the ruins of their father's workshop, they hesitated for a mere instant, seeing only a cowardly man and a bitter woman with her squalling child.
    It only lasted an instant, however, and they reminded themselves that the one had condemned them to death, and the other had been too much a coward to save them. One swipe of the juggernaut's mace ended them.
    Legends of the juggernaut and it's strange children persist to this day. Never aging, nor forgiving, the twins wander the earth in silence. For the most part, Ona keeps them hidden and solitary, but every few years Ao's blind fury takes control, and whole cities are wiped out.

Strengths:
As Ona, abilities that reduce damage taken and hinder enemies.
    As Ao, powerful melee abilities that don't cost mana

Weaknesses: As Ona, dependant on mana to fuel abilities and attacks.
    As Ao, constant health drain leaves him vulnerable.

Abilities:

(Start)Psychic Switch: Transfers control of the juggernaut to the other twin. As Ona, juggernaut gains 200 armor and ranged auto attack. As Ao, juggernaut gains 100 weapon damage, melee auto attack, and loses 5% health per second. All Ao Abilities cost no mana.

(Ona)Psychic Lash: An incadescent whip of psychic energy laches out, dealing 200/300/400/500 damage to all enemies in a cone 50 feet in front of the juggernaut. Enemies are stunned for 1 second.

(Ona)Mana barrier: Toggle. The juggernaut is surrounded by a mystical barrier. 20/30/40/50% of the damage Juggernaut takes goes to mana.

(Ona)Stay And Play: All enemies within 40 feet are rooted to the spot. Rooted enemies can attack and cast, but not move. Root lasts 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

(Ona)Multifocus: Ona's Auto attack hits up to 2/3/4 targets.

Meditation: The Twins' gain mana regeneration. +20/30/40/50 Mana per second.

Enhanced Mana Barrier: One point skill at the end of Mana Barrier tree. Mana barrier also adds 500 armor.

(Ao)Tantrum: 5 second cooldown. The Juggernaut flails wildly with his mace, smashing it around him randomly three times for 200/400/600 damage. 4th point adds two more attacks.

(Ao)Give Us A Hug!: 12 second Juggernaut captures an enemy in a crushing bear hug, stunning himself and an enemy for 3 seconds and dealing 200/300/400 damage per second.

(Ao)Get Away From Us!: 10 second cooldown. The Juggernaut swings his massive mace in an arc, dealing 300/500/700/900 damage to all enemies in a 180 degree arc in front of him and knocking them back.

(Ao)Palapable Fury: Ao's fury is so great that every 3 seconds a wave of pure hate eminates from him, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 damage to everyone within 30 feet. Only active with Ao.

+17 Karma | 36 Replies
May 9, 2009 1:52:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Extreamly Unique Idea! I love it!

May 9, 2009 2:14:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow... incredible creativity... =D  [karma] "PUNTO!!"

May 9, 2009 2:20:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is probably one of my favorite ideas so far.

May 9, 2009 5:18:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands. This is my 4th Demigod Idea. I figured I'd round it out, now I have one of each type for each side.

Demigod: Ao & Ona (Assassin)

Appearance: A headless, tattooed giant about half the size of rook holding two sickly, young children, a boy and girl, one in a 'seat' upon his shoulders, and one cradled in his left arm. The children are dressed in rags.In his right arm he carries a savage looking scepter or mace.

Summary: Ao & Ona; Psychic Twins in control of their massive guardian. Switching between the two, Ao & Ona go from a tough, implacable tank to a savage, unstoppable melee juggernaut. Ona is normally dominant, sitting on the juggernaut's shoulders. She uses abilities like mana sheild, meditation, and psychic lash to hold the line and attack from afar. However, Ao is much the stronger and aggressive twin, and when he takes control of the juggernaut, he becomes an engine of destruction, able to use his devastating abilities without regard for mana, though this takes it's toll on the twins' health. The trick, then, is to balance Ona's calm, methodical presence with the savage fury of Ao to take enemies off guard, without leading them into their demise.

When the Duchess grew heavy with child, rumors flew. The Duchess was yet unmarried, and notoriously promiscuous. All the realm wondered who the father was, and the Duchess would never tell. The father himself, however, believed that he knew perfectly well. The Duchess' court mage, a wise yet vigorous man, and something of a coward, was content to keep his peace.
    At the birth of the twins, the Duchess was dismayed to find them sickly. A little boy and girl, both albinos, she named them Ao and Ona, after the cursed children of the last Gordian king. Such inauspicious names bothered the father, but still he kept his peace, and the children were thus raised in an atmosphere of cold neglect from their mother, and hidden warmth from their father, who saw them every day and yet could never reveal himself.
    The twins were always strange children. They rarely spoke aloud, and never to each other. This wasn't due to distaste, but from lack of need. The siblings seemed to always know exactly where the other was, and what they were thinking. Strange events surrounded them: Moving furniture, sudden changes in temperature, and other phenominae. They never had any trouble convincing others to do what they wanted. It soon became common knowledge that the twins had strange powers, and their father was commissioned to make wards to protect their caretakers from their influence.
    Ao and Ona were never in any danger until 10 years later, when the Duchess became pregnant once more, and gave birth to a healthy, squalling boy. Unsatisfied with Ao and Ona as her heirs, she set about planning to have them sent away and murdered. Hearing of this plot, the father came close to confronting the duchess and condemning her, but alas he was too frightened of his mistress.
    Instead, in his workshop, he began constructing a guardian that would take them far away from the Duchess and protect them ever after. A large statue of living bronze in the shape of a giant man, he spent many days toiling over it, instilling it with absolute loyalty to his children. He was in such a hurry to complete it, however, that he left out the head.
    Too soon, the Duchess set her plot into motion. Under pretense of sending the twins to visit their grandmother in the next county, she sent them into the wilderness with soldiers utterly loyal to her. Upon hearing of their departure, their father pannicked and sent his construct after them unfinished. The construct was imposing, but headless, and it knew not how to fight effectively.
    By the time the construct found them, however, it was too late. Their 'guards' had just snapped both of their necks. However, the construct was aware that they still lived. Scooping them up in it's massive arms, it turned to take them away from the bewildered guards. Suddenly, it stopped. It turned. Their colorless eyes blazing with betrayed fury, the twins had taken control of their would be savior. Placing Ao upon it's shoulders, where he sat in the hollow where it's neck would have joined it's torso. It picked up it's massive mace, and advanced on the guards, who attempted to run, but found themselves frozen in place but an unseen force.
    When the guards were dead, the twins marched their construct, which they named juggernaut, back to their home. Seething with juvenile hatred, they slaughtered the people one by one, and tore down the keep. Saving their parents for last, corralling them into the ruins of their father's workshop, they hesitated for a mere instant, seeing only a cowardly man and a bitter woman with her squalling child.
    It only lasted an instant, however, and they reminded themselves that the one had condemned them to death, and the other had been too much a coward to save them. One swipe of the juggernaut's mace ended them.
    Legends of the juggernaut and it's strange children persist to this day. Never aging, nor forgiving, the twins wander the earth in silence. For the most part, Ona keeps them hidden and solitary, but every few years Ao's blind fury takes control, and whole cities are wiped out.

Strengths: As Ona, abilities that reduce damage taken and hinder enemies.
    As Ao, powerful melee abilities that don't cost mana

Weaknesses: As Ona, dependant on mana to fuel abilities and attacks.
    As Ao, constant health drain leaves him vulnerable.

Abilities:

(Start)Psychic Switch: Transfers control of the juggernaut to the other twin. As Ona, juggernaut gains 200 armor and ranged auto attack. As Ao, juggernaut gains 100 weapon damage, melee auto attack, and loses 5% health per second. All Ao Abilities cost no mana.

(Ona)Psychic Lash: An incadescent whip of psychic energy laches out, dealing 200/300/400/500 damage to all enemies in a cone 50 feet in front of the juggernaut. Enemies are stunned for 1 second.

(Ona)Mana barrier: Toggle. The juggernaut is surrounded by a mystical barrier. 20/30/40/50% of the damage Juggernaut takes goes to mana.

(Ona)Stay And Play: All enemies within 40 feet are rooted to the spot. Rooted enemies can attack and cast, but not move. Root lasts 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

(Ona)Multifocus: Ona's Auto attack hits up to 2/3/4 targets.

Meditation: The Twins' gain mana regeneration. +20/30/40/50 Mana per second.

Enhanced Mana Barrier: One point skill at the end of Mana Barrier tree. Mana barrier also adds 500 armor.

(Ao)Tantrum: 5 second cooldown. The Juggernaut flails wildly with his mace, smashing it around him randomly three times for 200/400/600 damage. 4th point adds two more attacks.

(Ao)Give Us A Hug!: 12 second Juggernaut captures an enemy in a crushing bear hug, stunning himself and an enemy for 3 seconds and dealing 200/300/400 damage per second.

(Ao)Get Away From Us!: 10 second cooldown. The Juggernaut swings his massive mace in an arc, dealing 300/500/700/900 damage to all enemies in a 180 degree arc in front of him and knocking them back.

(Ao)Palapable Fury: Ao's fury is so great that every 3 seconds a wave of pure hate eminates from him, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 damage to everyone within 30 feet. Only active with Ao.

nice idea , but 5% health lost per second is huge, maybe rebalance ao's abilities and lower it to 2%

May 9, 2009 9:35:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man, I'd love to see this in DG! Excellent idea and story line.

May 9, 2009 10:11:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, now that is an unusual concept. I like it, and it would definitely be interesting to see in motion.

May 9, 2009 10:36:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the abilities are a little overpowered, and the idea of continual health loss is something I'd need to see in Action to gauge how good/bad it would be, but the idea is certainally unique and judging from your description would play like a cross between UB, Rook and TB resulting a fairly unique gameplay style.

I like it

May 9, 2009 11:06:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm depressed to say this is better then anything I could possible think of for a Demigod .

It just sounds awesome a few tweaking here and there but this should really be in game. Also based on the lore I'm going to guess they will be on the dark side. Well me and my UB welcome them!

The only change I could think of is not to have the kids out in the open, might bring up the point of "Why can't I just kill the kids and be done with you." Maybe Have gaint have it's head and the children are inside it.

May 9, 2009 1:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This DG idea came from a mental picture I had of the character, it was sort of surreal and quite striking. The massive, headless brute carrying two crippled, creepy children. Why 'realistically' he might not be carrying the children out in the open, for the purpose of appearance and theme, it works out. The Kids are psychic, so they can probably turn any attacks just enough to hit the juggernaut rather than them

The Ao Abilities are supposed to be overpowered. The whole point is that when you switch to Ao, you want to go nuts and do as much damage as you can before the draconian health loss forces you to switch back. at 5% health loss, you get roughly 20 seconds as Ao, not considering regen and life steal. With sufficient regen and life steal, you can maybe get 30. Thats all you SHOULD get. Also remember that Ao does not need mana at all. So his life loss has a nice counterbalance.

The way I envision playing this character is spending much of the time at Ona, being conservative, able to stay in the fight for a long time. Only when the enemy makes a mistake and overextends themselves do you switch to Ao, and crush them utterly!

May 9, 2009 1:13:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A-greed.  This is a really sweet idea.  I agree that some of the abilities would need to be tweaked, as it's probably a bit overpowered right now (+100 autoattack damage/+20mana regen are both a lot, especially early game).  But overall, it's quite a cool concept.

May 9, 2009 5:35:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice idea. The only conflict I can find is that there are two of them and only ‘one’ will ascend that wins the tournament… but then I got thinking. A man is a body, soul and spirit. Three parts make up a person and there are three that make up your Demigod, the Juggernaut being the body and Ao and Ona being the soul and spirit. So it could really be ‘one’ singular entity.

May 24, 2009 10:50:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Edge585,
Very nice idea. The only conflict I can find is that there are two of them and only ‘one’ will ascend that wins the tournament… but then I got thinking. A man is a body, soul and spirit. Three parts make up a person and there are three that make up your Demigod, the Juggernaut being the body and Ao and Ona being the soul and spirit. So it could really be ‘one’ singular entity.

whoa.. mind trip.

May 24, 2009 11:46:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game measures in yards, not feet.

For a second I read the first ability and was like "dude.... why the hell is he giving them an AoE snipe?"

May 24, 2009 11:55:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, a lot of the abilities are obviously weaker copies of other abilities.... tantrum is a slightly different, more random version of hammer smash, stay and play is like mass charm but suckish (enemies can still attack, doesn't stun creeps long enough to even enjoy the benefits of creeps attacking the opposing demigod), bear hug is just foul grasp all over again, palpable fury is just a crappy version of ooze (and I mean REALLY crappy; you either have UB, who gets 200 DPS for something that he can regenerate with a few items, or 5% of max health PS for 100 DP 3S)

The only things that make this even seem like a class that is playable (relative to others) is.... the mana regen? But even then, there isn't enough to actually use your mana on to be worth it, because the skills are crappy. The +100 weapon damage is also nice, but that would only be useful if it was fairly good anyway. Hitting multiple enemies with your autoattack is nice, but it's still not going to be worth the skill points because it hardly helps against enemy Demigods.

So overall, this is a cool idea, but it has a bunch of weaker versions of other characters abilities, a couple things that are pretty good but don't offset its weaknesses any, and a general lack of polish. Honestly, your level 15 skills shouldn't be doing 33 DPS or 500 damage in a paltry range. You also lack any good AoE; while whip is good, you need to have rank 5 just to kill basic melee creeps upgraded once.

May 24, 2009 8:18:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea but the abilities need to be reworked a bit.  Especially +50 mana per second aura which is the equivellent of filling all 5 of your item slots with mana helms.

July 3, 2009 1:18:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well done mistersurrel. this is such a good idea, i wish they would make this into a demigod.

just a small suggestion.. it would be cool if when Ao switches with Ona that they swap positions somehow and Ao is now sitting on the sholder. since they cant move. maybe the giant can lift them and swap them. i think this is a good idea becouse it would clearly define who is in controll.

July 8, 2009 1:15:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea. That DG could really mix up combat , because it can change from offensive to defensive. It would be hard to use though but it definetly sounds awsome. Keep working on it. It's definetly got good potential.  Also very compelling story for the twins. Great idea. Bravo!

July 8, 2009 3:21:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did an awsome drawing for yr dg but i cant upload it cause the internet and i cant find my camera to take a picture of it but ill get it to u when i can show u it! It's pretty badass but some things are diffrent then your description.

July 8, 2009 6:29:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like it !

July 10, 2009 2:51:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still my favorite idea.

September 9, 2009 1:06:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow... been away for a while but I'm glad people like this still! Unclean, I'd love to see your drawing when you can digitize it.

September 12, 2009 3:49:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well helo again community! ive been gone a while. i got one question. i did a newer better drawing of ur dg surreal but i need to know how to upload it or digitize it or whatever. Also u guys should check out my dg idea posts

September 12, 2009 6:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well if you dont have a scanner or a digital camera, then you may have to use Kinko's or Copymax. Might cost you a couple bucks though.

September 13, 2009 12:25:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So where is the other kid susposed to go exactly. I'm trying to figuring out the geography of the other person. 

September 13, 2009 8:53:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, pretty awesome!

The way I envisioned it, myself is that it was a giant of bronze and iron, covered in arcane geometric engravings. It is still human-shaped (or 'Hulk' shaped, with a very developed upper body and arms) with a shallow hollow where it's neck would begin. The kids are paralyzed and limp, with the one sitting in the hollow similar to your picture, and the other cradled in it's free arm, held like a baby. I doubt you'd see this much detail in the faces, but Ona, the little girl on his shoulders, would look cold and scornful, while her twin brother Ao, cradled in the giant's left arm, would have a face twisted with fury and psychotic hate.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.