The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Atari's partnership with Stardock

By on May 7, 2009 3:12:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently on the Atari site, its been claimed that Atari acquird the distribution rights to dsitribute Demigod in Europe/Asia.

Link: http://www.atari.com.sg/news/details.do?newsId=1875

I live in Singapore and due to various reasons, getting the game digitally is impossible. I've been waiting for Demigod eagerly and yet theres no news on it from Atari.

If any devs or admins are out there, may I ask when Demigod might be released to Europe/Asia via Atari?

Thanks.

0 Karma | 9 Replies
May 7, 2009 3:22:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great to see a fellow Singaporean on the forums

I would also be interested to know whether there is any official launch of Demigod in Singapore (although I have already purchased the game online from the official website).

May 7, 2009 3:30:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CitizenKane2,
Great to see a fellow Singaporean on the forums

I would also be interested to know whether there is any official launch of Demigod in Singapore (although I have already purchased the game online from the official website).

There would be, and apparently Atari's website says somewhere during Spring, which is just about May, now. There should be an official launch as there is already a few publishes on Demigod on the official website, but I just don't know the offical date. If I knew, I'll rush straight down to the retail store and grab a piece, right away.

"Atari's expertise in retail distribution will ensure that gamers around the world are able to play Demigod next spring."

Apparently the article was published last year, so by 'next' spring, it meant spring in 09.

No devs or admins yet?

May 7, 2009 3:40:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You might want to check out this link, if you haven't already - https://forums.demigodthegame.com/350483

Apparently Tec Drome (Sim Lim Square) carries hard copies of Demigods.

May 7, 2009 4:09:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you really don't wish to buy from them for whatever reasons, just wait till 15th May for it's launch in Singapore or purchase online from Impulse.

Apparently what he said. IMO, I haven't go the time to make trip down to SLS. Been busy. Price isn't really the matter here as I doubt the retail Demigod from Atari wouldn't be much cheaper, but yeah. I guess I'll wait.

May 7, 2009 5:50:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cant buy in Singapore? Strange...

I'm in Tokyo and I got it as well as all other titles via Impulse with no issues.

May 7, 2009 5:51:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spartan,
Cant buy in Singapore? Strange...

I'm in Tokyo and I got it as well as all other titles via Impulse with no issues.

Not that. I do face some difficulties in buying stuff onlines, mostly due to my parents.

May 7, 2009 6:17:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i'd like to add: why buy a 50 euro copy from atari if you can just buy it for 30 euro from impulse?

What i always said: please shoot the middleman, thx.

May 7, 2009 7:45:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently on the Atari site, its been claimed that Atari acquird the distribution rights to dsitribute Demigod in Europe/Asia.

Link: http://www.atari.com.sg/news/details.do?newsId=1875

I live in Singapore and due to various reasons, getting the game digitally is impossible. I've been waiting for Demigod eagerly and yet theres no news on it from Atari.

If any devs or admins are out there, may I ask when Demigod might be released to Europe/Asia via Atari?

Thanks.

After Atari gave me the worse multiplayer game ever. Riddick:Dark Athena I will never buy crap from them. Just the fact they have a contract with stardock makes me not want to buy shit from them.

May 7, 2009 8:31:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nah, the retail copies in Singapore aren't as expensive.

The exchange rates for USD to SGD are around 1SGD to about 0.66-0.75USD. Yet, Steam games priced at 49.99 USD are only sold here in retail stores at 59.99SGD. And, I've seen reliable legit stores selling CoH Gold Edition at SGD19.99 when it is sold at 20+USD on Steam.

Hope Impulse is the same with the prices

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.