The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Easter Egg

By on May 6, 2009 11:16:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Here’s an interesting easter egg that I didn’t know about.  You can drop items for others to pick up by just right-clicking on the item in your item bar.

+912 Karma | 41 Replies
May 7, 2009 8:26:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool - didn't know that.

May 7, 2009 8:44:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting bug,

quoting post
Here’s an interesting easter egg that I didn’t know about.  You can drop items for others to pick up by just right-clicking on the item in your item bar.

I bet you wish there was a manual now, don't you?

You mean the one at http://www.stardock.com/demigodmanual.pdf

May 7, 2009 8:57:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The manual is also located in the Demigod\bin directory. But selling and dropping items is not mentioned in the manual. They are only explained via tooltips in the game.

May 7, 2009 10:42:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nosfouratwo,
Wait... There are thing's our Dev's don't know about?! =O

I don't know, seeing as how Frogboy isn't a developer.

May 7, 2009 11:12:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dessirris,

Quoting bug, reply 23
quoting post

I bet you wish there was a manual now, don't you?

You mean the one at http://www.stardock.com/demigodmanual.pdf

No, I mean a proper manual. You know, the kind that actually covers stuff that's in the game?

May 7, 2009 11:29:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know, when you open the character window with the items... it says you can right click to drop.

It blends too well, though, so even I didn't notice it before actively inspecting the window.

May 7, 2009 11:47:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I knew about that. I have had a few panicked moments when my Heart of Life suddenly disappeared from my bar!

May 7, 2009 12:23:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can see a game with three or more Demigods per side doing an All Father's Ring rush. 

Three players save up 10K gold, and two of them buy Godplate.  They give 'em to player three, who sells them.  With the 16K he gets from selling the Godplates combined with his own 10K, he's got enough for a Ring with 1K to spare.

May 7, 2009 12:38:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pity it doesn't work with idols.

May 7, 2009 1:35:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice, that will definatly make it easier instead of all running back.

May 7, 2009 1:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wha...

that is awesome

and i will use it

May 7, 2009 2:09:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should remove this, it will allow for people to go god mode much earlier by profit sharing. I do not consider this an intended strategy due to the fact that if they wanted profit sharing they would allow gold trading.

May 7, 2009 3:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not really an easter egg. Just a little known feature.

Stuff like this is why Demigod could benefit from a tutorial.

May 7, 2009 4:10:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dyingsole,
Just wondering if anyone had tried this. If you use HoL and drop it and pick it up? Does it reset the timer? What about if someone else gets it and immediately gives it to you again? Seems like something like this would work with some items. But i agree with the strategy of letting people go to buy scrolls and maybe even flag locks. Just... nobody else seems to do it so...

Also Protecept did i play you before? cuz i deffinately remember a battle where the enemy threw down his HoL and i stole it 

Don't think he realised quite what he had done there. lol.

Naw I'm pretty sure we haven't played. I dropped it in single player not multiplayer. lol would've been pretty funny if we did though.

May 7, 2009 6:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GreenMintSkittle,
I can see a game with three or more Demigods per side doing an All Father's Ring rush. 

Three players save up 10K gold, and two of them buy Godplate.  They give 'em to player three, who sells them.  With the 16K he gets from selling the Godplates combined with his own 10K, he's got enough for a Ring with 1K to spare.

we talked about this some in December but it was never really addressed.  We'll see how effective team feeds are in competition, but that's still a month or two away.  I can think of a few applications that will give one team a very rough time even at game start..Have to try those..

May 8, 2009 11:54:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5 peices of shitty armor beat an all fathers ring hands down, re sell value of armor sucks too... sooo thats a no go.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.