The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

playing with multiple people on the same router

By on May 3, 2009 6:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My wife just got the game so we could play with one of our friends online.  Here is the issue.  I can create a game and my wife can join it (were on the same router).  Also I can create a game and my friend can join it.  The problem is if I create the game and my friend joins first and then my wife trys to join she gets an unhandled exception error every time.  Same if flipped around (my wife is in the channel and my friend trys to join).  Is there a solution for this or what the hell is prevening multiple people on a router from playing with other people?  I dont get it.

+2 Karma | 4 Replies
May 3, 2009 7:18:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the way the exception is 100% reproducable and if I host and my wife joins the game on our network no one else can connect to us.  It shows in the connection window someone trying to connect and them fails every time. 

May 3, 2009 7:34:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm... I do not know if the crash can be solved by this. But try the following:

• Use ImpulseReactorOptions.exe (in Demigod\bin) to set a port range from e.g. 6101 - 6150 on your PC.
  • Use ImpulseReactorOptions.exe on your wife's PC and set the port range to 6151 - 6200.
  • Then forward port 6101 - 6150 to the IP of your PC on your router
  • and forward port 6151 - 6200 to the IP of your wife's PC (only for UDP in each case).
  • Also forward port 6073 to your PC
  • and forward port 6074 to your wife's PC (UDP again).
  • When you host a game, set the hosting port to 6073.
  • When your wife is hosting the game, let her set the port to 6074.
May 3, 2009 7:42:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the quick response I will try this out .

May 3, 2009 8:26:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, it appears to have worked.  Karma for you for sure.  Thanks again!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.