The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: Flesh

By on May 2, 2009 6:53:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Flesh

[Name]: Flesh (real name unknown)

[Type]: Assassin

[Alignment]: Dark

[Appearance]: Tall thin hunched over creature formed from the bones of multiple corpses and held together by an odd black sap like substance that attracts swarms of insects. Carrying no weapon, Flesh uses his multiple arms and claws to slash at enemies.

[Strengths]: Strong Area Attacks

Effective Against Demigods

[Weaknesses]: Melee Spellcaster

Mana Dependant

[Background]: Vast were the empires of the Kasheen, spreading their rule into four countries along the Raven Coast and mounting massive cities with citadels that ascended far into the first heaven.

When the plague appeared in the country of Joro it killed thousands within the first month. Not wanting to spread the plague to other countries, King Festus ordered a lock down on his cities and commanded his royal guard to kill anyone who showed signs of illness. This led to the slaughter known as the Vain Dead Massacre. Countless innocents were slain, even those who spoke out against King Festus’ orders.

This madness went on for months until the screams in the night fell silent. So many citizens had been slain that the guards had to create corpse piles near the city square. Looking to hide his sins, King Festus commanded his guards to dig a massive pit and bury the dead. They did as commanded, creating a massive grave within the city while still gathering corpses from off the streets. All was nearly set and being worn from a days work they sought to fill the grave the next day.

That night the silence ended and screams of terror began to rise. Citizens who were once afraid to be seen by the royal guards ran to them for safety, for something was amiss in the night.

“Something… something from the pit! Something crawled out from the pit you dug!” cried an old woman to the chief guard.

“Nonsense, there is nothing but rotting dead in that grave.” said the chief guard.

Moments later several guards came running from the grave site followed by a living darkness.

“Run! The gods are angry! They’ve come to repay!!” said a guard fleeing in terror.

The darkness caught up with a few of the guards and stripped the flesh from their bones. Those who witnessed fled to the citadel and bolted the doors shut, locking many citizens outside.

“What have we done? What can we do against death itself?!” asked a guard.

“Quiet! Whatever is outside… it cannot get in here.” said the chief guard.

Loud attacks were soon made on the door and clawing sounds surrounded the walls from an unknown source. Moments later the door burst open revealing a creature formed from multiple corpses and covered with a black oil like substance that dripped from its bones. The guards only received a glimpse of the abomination as swarms of insects rushed passed it and devoured them, then like a whirlwind the swarm traveled upward throughout the citadel consuming every living thing, including King Festus.

Being satisfied the creature made its way out of the city, heading into the desert oasis. No one knows exactly what drove the creature, or what created it. Perhaps divine blood was spilt unknowingly and the body wrongly placed among the common dead. Or was it the sorrow and hatred of the slain which formed such a monstrosity? All that is known is that the creature walked without living and would soon be hungry again.

[Abilities]: Flesh plays slightly similar to the Torch Bearer but has more vitality as its normal attacks are melee not ranged. Flesh’s skills also have rather good synergy.

Ability 1: Wretched Eggs – Flesh’s attacks gain a chance to spawn eggs inside the wounds of his enemies. Upon death, the eggs will hatch swarms of insects that feed upon nearby enemies before flying off.

1: 12% chance, 200 Damage, Attacks 1 nearby enemy.

2: 18% chance, 300 Damage, Attacks 3 nearby enemies.

3: 25% chance, 400 Damage, Attacks 5 nearby enemies.

Ability 2: Devouring Swarm – Sends forth a swarm of flesh devouring insects towards an enemy dealing damage over time and transferring some damage into life.

1: 500 Damage, Heals 150 Hit Points.

2: 700 Damage, Heals 300 Hit Points.

3: 900 Damage, Heals 450 Hit Points.

4: 1100 Damage, Heals 600 Hit Points.

Ability 3: Black Nectar – Flesh spews forth a foul black substance from its mouth that slows all who come in contact with it. This substance attracts insects and covered enemies will receive more damage from insect abilities and be the sole target for Wretched Egg swarms.

1: 7 second duration, -8% Movement Speed, +3% swarm damage.

2: 9 second duration, -15% Movement Speed, +5% swarm damage.

3: 11 second duration, -20% Movement Speed, +7% swarm damage.

4: 13 second duration. -30% Movement Speed, +9% swarm damage.

5: Affected enemies receive double damage from Wretched Egg swarms.

Ability 4: Putrefying Wind – Surrounds Flesh with an aura of decay halting the effects of regeneration and reducing the strength of spell and potion based healing.

1: -15% Hit Points gained from healing spells and potions.

2: -25% Hit Points gained from healing spells and potions.

3: -35% Hit Points gained from healing spells and potions.

4: -45% Hit Points gained from healing spells and potions.

5: Nullifies the effects of all enemy buffs and allied debuffs.

Ability 5: Mutualism – Flesh’s insect swarm becomes aggressive towards any creature that deals melee damage to their host. Enemies receive damage when dealing melee damage to Flesh and also have their attack speed decreased.

1: Deals 9 damage per second, enemy gains -5% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.

2: Deals 13 damage per second, enemy gains -7% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.

3: Deals 17 damage per second, enemy gains -9% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.

4: 10% of the damage dealt by Mutualism heals Flesh.

Ability 6: Dead Soil – Changes the ground in targeted area into dead soil, attracting swarms of insects that will feast on those foolish enough to walk over it. There is chance that the spirits of the dead will reach through the soil and hold enemies. Dead Soil lasts for 10 seconds. 

1: Deals 25 damage per second, 10% chance to hold enemy for 1.5 seconds.

2: Deals 50 damage per second, 13% chance to hold enemy for 1.7 seconds.

3: Deals 75 damage per second, 17% chance to hold enemy for 2.0 seconds.

4: Enemy creatures receive -9% armor while over Dead Soil.

Ability 7: Pulse of Retribution – Chance that the sorrow and hatred that formed Flesh’s body will afflict the minds of nearby allied creatures sending them into a berserk rage.

1: 5% chance to affect nearby allies, +10% Attack Damage, Attack Speed and Movement Speed for 10 seconds.

2: 9% chance to affect nearby allies, +10% Attack Damage, Attack Speed and Movement Speed for 10 seconds.

3: 12% chance to affect nearby allies, +10% Attack Damage, Attack Speed and Movement Speed for 10 seconds.

4: Enraged allies become invulnerable for the first 2 seconds.

=======

Flesh would be a great addition to the ‘weird’ characters bin. It’s hard for me to come up with female based Demigods as I mainly play male/unknown gender characters (think I might give it a shot though). Flesh falls into the genderless character slot much like Unclean Beast.

His theme is obviously insects, death and decay. I could have easily made him a General and had him summon undead warriors and what not (people have been asking for that in the forums I think) but I decided yet again to go a different route to try and be more original.

Let me know what you think about Flesh. Thanks for reading.

~Franklin

+4 Karma | 9 Replies
May 2, 2009 10:12:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sexy mate.

May 2, 2009 10:23:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great read

May 2, 2009 11:47:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Needs more pudge.

May 3, 2009 12:24:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the visualization of black sludge holding together old bones to form a shape. It would be fun to watch his special moves.

May 3, 2009 6:54:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the visualization of black sludge holding together old bones to form a shape. It would be fun to watch his special moves.

Great read

Sexy mate.

Thanks, glad you like him.

Needs more pudge.

Heh, pudge?

May 3, 2009 7:50:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your Demigods certainly have interesting stories. Would you mind telling me what you think about my Demigod's story? Just asking because I enjoy reading your stories.

May 3, 2009 8:07:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have some pretty amazing ideas man.

PUDGEthat's Pudge.

May 3, 2009 9:11:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your Demigods certainly have interesting stories. Would you mind telling me what you think about my Demigod's story? Just asking because I enjoy reading your stories.

Sure I’ll give yours a look. Glad you find mine interesting.

You have some pretty amazing ideas man. that's Pudge.

Oh, that’s Pudge. Hah.

Thanks for post.

May 3, 2009 9:13:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're welcome.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.