The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Piracy..

By on May 1, 2009 5:53:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It seems like alot of people here admits that they have or had a pirated version of Demigod. Is it because they are in some sort of need to tell it i don't know, but just for the record, if you download a pirated version of a game, like Demigod and go out to buy it a week after doesn't make it ok..

By downloading a pirated game you help the community of pirates, well you say you just won't share the files, but on some degree you will always share and/or help those pirate douchebags.

So please stop pirating stuff, i can myself admit i have downloaded games before, but that was before i was aware of the situation and how they are destroying the videogame market, there are previews, reviews, gameplay videos, alphas, betas, screenshots, developer diaries and so on, so you can see if its a game for you, and if that doens't convince you, try a demo if it's possible, if not there are a load of communities that can lead you on your way to a game that suits you, so what i am trying to say is.

Please stop pirating games, you are cheating the developers for alot of moeny even though you buy the game afterwards, poor companies

0 Karma | 62 Replies
May 1, 2009 6:06:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's mostly students to be honest, I don't think there are many full time employed late 20 something guys sitting there downloading games.  At least I hope so, anyone who works hard for a living and then robs off of someone else trying to scratch a living is a pretty low life form.

May 1, 2009 6:08:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can't see if it's the game for you if you don't play it. And really, you're just whining. The files will get around, whether or not you pirate the game. There are tons of high speed servers seeding these torrents, and your puny home connection doesn't have a noticeable influence.

It does it make it OK, because you downloaded to try. It's morally okay... not that you are talking about the law or anything, anyway.

The point of the "I pirated and then bought the game" posts are to give Stardock and GPG a tap on the shoulder and say "good job."

Did you make this post because you feel some sort of need to be righteous and correct in everything you do? You're so pretentious.

May 1, 2009 6:11:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A game has to be worthy of buying before I spend as much as a dime on it. 

Not everyone has money to just random pick up a new game every time a new one with potential shows up.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the game to be released in Europe and for a clear 'go' of the internet thingie.

Also. Realeasing the game simantaneusly all over the world will help a bit on the piracy problem..

May 1, 2009 6:12:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no i made it because poeple you like don't understand it's wrong

May 1, 2009 6:13:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Endnuen..

The cross country deal is bad, i just bought the game of their website, but still it doesn't make it OK to pirate their game

May 1, 2009 6:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting comanoodle,
Did you make this post because you feel some sort of need to be righteous and correct in everything you do? You're so pretentious.

It's pretentious to say stealing is bad  

May 1, 2009 6:28:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Skjeew,
Endnuen..

The cross country deal is bad, i just bought the game of their website, but still it doesn't make it OK to pirate their game

So you can afford paying shipping fees aswell?

Or you want to use half a day on downloading it?

I never said pirating a game was 'good'.

Also. Pirating a game that contains zero singleplayer content, don't take this literal, is more lige downloading a demo more than anything. You miss out on almost all the content but you get a tase of the action.

Demigods sales would have been tremendously smaller if the game was not pirated. People would just glance at the forum, see tons of complaints and then forget abaout the game beacuse they never tried it.

May 1, 2009 6:32:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Endnuen i bought the collector's edition so they ship it to me yes, but even though i pay the shipping its still cheaper than what it will cost in Danish retail stores, and a half day to download ? took me about 40-50 mins to download and install.

And the sales would have been higher if the game wasn't pirated thats for sure, are you saying that piracy helps the gaming industries ?

May 1, 2009 6:46:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The sales would have been also higher, if they would released a working 3d application.

May 1, 2009 7:01:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Haree78,

Quoting comanoodle, reply 2Did you make this post because you feel some sort of need to be righteous and correct in everything you do? You're so pretentious.
It's pretentious to say stealing is bad  

No, it's pretentious to say pirating (not stealing) then buying the game is still wrong. He's pretentious because he wants to show everyone that he's doing the right thing, that he's not a pirate - he wants to be respected, somehow.

Stealing and pirating is not the same, because I didn't have to give the game back to them. I just bought my own copy.

And the sales would have been higher if the game wasn't pirated thats for sure, are you saying that piracy helps the gaming industries ?

You're an idiot. Yes, piracy helps, and the posts on this forum are the proof. The sales would not have been higher, because I and many others would not have bought the game if it we didn't pirate it first. We were on the fence, undecided. They would be lower.

You say pirating then buying still doesn't make it okay... well, if you were like me, Stardock & GPG would have made less money, because your mind is set on hating piracy.

Like others have said, I and many others don't have the money to spend on a game that might be good. We try it first, then we buy, if it's good. If we had money to throw around like you, we would. I would rather buy a game I know I'm going to like. If I don't KNOW I'll like it, then I'd rather not buy it at all. How much do you make a month? I make close to $0 on average, because I'm a student in my final year, and I'm almost always flooded with tests.

Stop being such a blind zealot.

May 1, 2009 7:09:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because this topic hasn't been made over 9000 times already.

May 1, 2009 7:15:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how much i make, i am 17 years old and have a poorly payed job, but i have read something called previews of the game, and seen some videos of that i saw it was fantastic, as it is, just ask SD and GPG if they think piracy is that great, you are saying that i am an idiot, you retard, only dipshits support piracy.

piracy is stealing, there are loads of people who don't buy games at all, they have lots of downloaded games on their computer, and if some of you try to download games to try them, then it helps those slackers there are 35 years old and still live at home, that download games.

morong

May 1, 2009 7:21:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How does it help them? Newsflash, it does not at all. It would help to write your posts a little more politely.

I'm also 17, but since I don't have a steady income (I also work in a badly paying job, but I don't work there constantly), I can't afford to just buy a game. Read my last post in this other thread - the last two paragraphs.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/350010/get;2179285

May 1, 2009 7:33:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ive seen you saying that you pirate games to try them out and then they have multiplayer so you buy the game, yes ?

what about games that doesnt have multiplayer that are singleplayer only.. what are the needs to buy it after downloading, what are the reason if you dont have any money, or a very bad income, why spend your imporant money on a game that you already have on your harddisk ?

May 1, 2009 7:56:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just thought id throw it out there but.

"video games are the new great things since movies"

they costs roughly the same to create but rack in a whole lot more

i personally dont support piracy, i have even showed this, i purchased a game, it was terrible (the controls) i couldnt get a refund because i didnt buy it from the usual place.

trial and error, dont get into fads and dont get carry'd away when you find a sieries, warhammer online = ok, dawn of war = ok. warhammer battle march for xbox = wrong move, thats why i check reviews and videos alot more, research your game, dont pirate it

May 1, 2009 8:03:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

exactly !!

May 1, 2009 8:05:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Alkazard,
just thought id throw it out there but.

"video games are the new great things since movies"

they costs roughly the same to create but rack in a whole lot more

Please ease my confusion because I had a wtf moment, you think video games make more money?

May 1, 2009 8:21:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

videogames do make more money i believe i read that somewhere

May 1, 2009 8:46:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought the game after i heard about all the pirated copies disrupting the online servers.  (No i didn't pirate it first, i just thought it was a raw deal for stardock.)  However, i actually recommended to a friend to pirate the game, because i loved it.  I wanted him to try it and see what he thought.  He called me that same day and said he had to have it right away.  We got him a legit serial key by buying the game, and boom he was ready to go.  In fact he didn't even have to redownload the game, because he already had it.  Pirate to try the game, it's just that.  Trying it.  If you use it for testing purposes (ie 1-2 days of trying it) then either buy it or delete it, i can't say i see anything wrong with that.  Beating a whole game without buying it = douche nossle.  Just my two cents.  And stardock you will always have a loyal fan for your work on gamers rights!

May 1, 2009 8:54:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Skjeew,
videogames do make more money i believe i read that somewhere

Sorry man your totally wrong.  First off movies have the theater and then the dvd/blue ray sales.  I mean dark knight took in, what... a billion dollars world wide?

GTA 4 what 500 million at the most world wide?

And the dark knight is only the 4th most profitable movie of all time.  GTA was the best.  Just some facts for ya. 

May 1, 2009 9:00:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

facts please, and you say its ok to just try it as pirated, when you pirated it you help the torrent site and torrent uploader to spread out the files on the net, therefore you are helping the scumbags who dont wanna pay for games

May 1, 2009 9:19:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fact is you are doing almost nothing with your puny upload. Is that your only rationale to make pirating to try wrong?

How stupid can you be?

May 1, 2009 9:34:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Haree78,
I think it's mostly students to be honest, I don't think there are many full time employed late 20 something guys sitting there downloading games.  At least I hope so, anyone who works hard for a living and then robs off of someone else trying to scratch a living is a pretty low life form.

hay im a student (technically)  and i bought it  so dont group people in one bunch

May 1, 2009 10:09:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Skjeew,
facts please, and you say its ok to just try it as pirated, when you pirated it you help the torrent site and torrent uploader to spread out the files on the net, therefore you are helping the scumbags who dont wanna pay for games

Facts?  What facts do you want?  Torrent sites don't just exist for illegally downloading games.  Stardock still got their money from me and from my friends.  In fact because they could try it, they bought it.  Hell there should be a try before you buy opition.

May 1, 2009 10:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dan Stardock have stated that there are going to be a demo, so if you werent so selfish and thought about the companies you could have waited instead of downloading there game illegaly, and what i ment about facts was, i wanted to see some facts that the moves were bigger than games, but that isn't this discussion.

and no Limewire, Mininova, scrapetorrent and pirate bay etc doesn't exist to be used illegally, you in most cases actually accepts their terms and policies about the pirating, and saying that you won't use their programs illegally.

And since all the companies come out and tell us how much pirating hurts their buisness, does mean it's hurting them, and not helping, why would they say that else? Crysis, was pirated in incredible numbers, how do i know ? seince EA came public with it and telling us that there haven't been as good income as their could have been, but as you say, you just want to try the game right?

Nobody understands if you download to try, it's still illegal!, you are still contributing and supporting piracy.

You can have the best from both worlds mate

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.