The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Anyone disappointed after pirating the game then purchasing?

By on May 1, 2009 1:40:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I much admit I was on the fence about buying this game because money is tight, so I downloaded it. I played it one day and loved it.

The next day I went out and purchased it because it was that good. Installed it on my pc (I was using laptop for pirated one) and began playing single player. Played a bunch of single player games, completed a few tourniments bought a bunch of stuff with my lots of favor points. I believe that I bought 3 favor items, and have a few hundred points left over.

After all that single player I believed I had enough experience to go back online. So went online, favor points gone. Finished my game restarted demigod, now at -720 points, no items purchased. So there is a few good hours waisted.

After a bit of rumbling to myself I decided to play anyways, played a bunch of pantheon games, and won alot, around 130 favor points each.

So a few days later of doing this I decided to check my online profile. Search. Nothing. No profile, I don't exist online. Great more time waisted.

Now about a week or so later, I get a craving to start playing again. Check online jut for laughs and my profile is here, no games won no favor points nothing.

I update my game and go to play more, hoping the updates fixed something. Favor points reset again, at least I am at 0 now. Go to play online patheon. Fail. Try again, fail. Check online, other getting same thing, great. Try again fail, try again success! Play a full game, everything is good besides massive lag and no favor rewards.

Decide to play one more, get around half way through the game and the game freezes for around 7-10 seconds, then kicks back in and states all other players are replaced by AI. Fun...

I know games are hard to produce and having bugs are normal. But this is the worst produced game I have ever played. I have never seen so many people with problems and NO FIXES.

I would ask for a refund but I have seen others having their demigod licenses revoked, so I guess I will just come back to this game in like a month or two when the game is actually fully playable and not around 75% complete.

0 Karma | 15 Replies
May 1, 2009 1:47:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

qq

and they give complete refunds if u ask, and with digital download u dont have to pay shipping fee's

May 1, 2009 1:51:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

where are you from? It just boggles my mind that people are having these issues. I'm in Flordia (US) and I have not had a single connection problem. Are you on a router? DO have anti-virus and firewalls running? If your on Vista is it port blocking DemiGoD? My first reaction is that your connection is garbage, but I'm gonna try and be helpful here despite the fact you are bashing the game instead of seeking help.

May 1, 2009 1:56:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting VyperXXX,
where are you from? It just boggles my mind that people are having these issues. I'm in Flordia (US) and I have not had a single connection problem. Are you on a router? DO have anti-virus and firewalls running? If your on Vista is it port blocking DemiGoD? My first reaction is that your connection is garbage, but I'm gonna try and be helpful here despite the fact you are bashing the game instead of seeking help.

I was bashing because it worked fine, until the patch.

Yes I live in florida as well, don't use firewalls, no virus things running, and it was never blocking that port. Yes I use a router but there are other computer in here and I have never had a problem with the routers.

May 1, 2009 2:13:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Installed it on my pc (I was using laptop for pirated one) and began playing single player.

gotta say you got balls posting on the forum of the devs that you pirated the game. even if only to decide whether you wanted to purchase.

May 1, 2009 2:48:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Anyone disappointed after pirating the game then purchasing?

No. I had the brains to wait till after release day, read forums and complaints and the reaction fro mstardock. After i was satisfied they wouldnt give up on the game (quite the possibility with gpg in there....) and bought it. as expected there was no multiplayer avaiable so i used the time to have a blast in single player, learning all the chars.

So to answer that question of yours: No. Since i din't pirate it.

May 1, 2009 5:01:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you probably spent your money well.  GPG/SD is on track to fixing the connectivity and database issues and will continue to support their product.  buying multiplayer-centric games always has great perks when buying from good companies for the latter reason.  all that being said, i do feel your pain, as my frustration with some of the bugs and connectivity issues is slowly turning into boredom with the game.

May 1, 2009 5:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nope

May 1, 2009 5:13:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup... I pirated and kinda regret it. I haven't asked for a refund yet because I'm giving them a bit more time to get things sorted out...

But most of all, I would like them to fix the favor items/points reseting... yesterday I noticed I had 1.5k favor points after playing for the first time in a week, so I thought "hey, maybe they fixed it!" and bought a 1.2k item... and yup, next game the item was gone.

That, and the alt-tab crashing bug. It's so frustrating having to wait for people to join a custom game and not being able to alt-tab.

May 1, 2009 5:16:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What boggles my mind is that you state you wasted time playing the game just because your stats were not saved and the favour points are gone? How is playing a game that is good fun wasting time? 

Of course, its annoying that these favour points dissapear and stats dont get saved, but its not the end of the game. 

The multiplayer still being broken sucks of course.

May 1, 2009 5:52:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because the favor points and stats is what makes you feel like you've progressed somewhere. If you don't have that, you feel like you wasted your time. A big part of the fun is what you achieved - this is why achievements, favor points and stats are there - in many games, and obviously, this is what GPG had in mind when designing those.

If those are not there, then a lot of the fun is gone, and is replaced with frustration. Let's be honest here for a moment... GPG has been slacking. Stardock has done most of the work on patches since release - and it's only been about connectivity because the Stardock team can only worry about connectivity.

GPG doesn't take care of matchmaking, connectivity or really anything related to the big problems we've had... they are the people who take care of the crashes and the messed up favor points... and they aren't. The way I see it GPG is thinking "well, we're done developing, we're out" and Stardock is still hard at work.

Show me I'm wrong, GPG.

May 1, 2009 6:26:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe, bold statement.. Problem is, we have a crystal clear idea of what Stardock is doing, but no idea about what GPG is doing, besides the odd mentioning of GPG by Brad in his journals, simply because only Brad is communicating. I'm sure GPG are busy too though.

As for the achievements, I think they're nice additions to games as you can indeed follow progress, see what you have achieved etc.. but at the core, this shouldnt be why you play a game.. We play games for relaxation and enjoyment no? And that takes place during the game, and perhaps after or before when thinking about options, relfecting on how it went etc..  

I can understand being dissapointed when stats and achievements go missing, but saying that because of that, played games have been a waste of time is silly. 

In many cases I also think achievements are slapped in there with a game just to make the longevity better. And as gamers we are too quickly just going for those achievements, even if the process of getting those isnt even fun.

I've had this with Mass Effect, brilliant game in its own right, but the achievements also required you to go through the whole galaxy trying to find medals, metal deposits etc.. without any clear relation to the story and resulting in having to check every planet and land there if possible to see if there was anything of interest there. Now some planets had interesting extra's like a base of militants or such, but the overall process was really boring and I quit that silly stuff a some point.. The problem here is of course, trying to go for those achievements even though you're not playing a fun part of the game. Something we choose to do ourselves of course, but the fact that the achievements are there still tempts you to go for it. Another issue with this though, is developers actually implementing these kind of boring "extra's" in the game just to extend its longevity, although that concept failed for me. 

In the end, I think achievements can be nice, if well implemented and supportive of the game, but they can also take away from the fun of just playing the game.

May 1, 2009 6:42:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I´m really disappointed about the game.

We have still connection issues, messed up pantheon games, failed stats, "great community features" that aren´t complete and very annoying crashes. They are saying they´re working on it. I´m not seeing any progress with those updates. Yes, the update right after release which seperates the pirates from the legits was essential. But beside that one, what do we have? Beta 4

May 1, 2009 10:08:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nokthra,
But beside that one, what do we have? Beta 4

I've been saying that since Release Day.

May 1, 2009 10:14:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just think of how much better the multiplayer would have been if gamestop didnt release early and there were ZERO pirates.

May 1, 2009 10:20:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would ask for a refund but I have seen others having their demigod licenses revoked, so I guess I will just come back to this game in like a month or two when the game is actually fully playable and not around 75% complete.

Yes, when you request a refund the license is revoked as part of the process.  We do not allow customers to receive a refund and still keep the game.  If you decide you do not wish to take the refund, the license would be reactivated.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.