The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forces of Light, take a look at their top players.

By on April 29, 2009 12:08:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's mostly UB. Aren't there strategies for taking an UB down? Personally, everytime I fight an UB I get my ass kicked, doesn't matter what character I am. I'm not saying HEs over powered, I'm saying some of his moves are. Spit is definitely overpowered, no ifs ands or buts about it. He's a melee attacker with the most powerful long range attack in the game. That's a bit excessive. They need to nerf the shit out of it. Reduce it's range, bump up it's cooldown time, bump up mana cost especially, but leave damage as is. I assume most of the people saying it's not overpowered are the UB players who want to retain this rediculus unbalance.

Anyway, is there an effective counter to UB at the moment? Regulus is alright against him if you spam mines and stay out of range of spit, but then again that's impossible since UB is the fastest character in the game and can simply drop the spit bomb on you then run away while soaking up mine damage. Which characters and/or strategies do you guys know of that can efectively crush the UB?

Come on Forces of Light we gotta come back and win!

+17 Karma | 54 Replies
April 29, 2009 12:45:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shield, Heal, Pots

April 29, 2009 1:20:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon is random teams.  UB is great for picking off demigods that go out on their own.  As a result, he can easily rack up silly amounts of gold when there is even one poor player on the other team.  The same goes for many other demigods, but the beat is simply best for chasing down and making that kill against an inexperienced player.

I think it's premature to say that the beast is overpowered.  I think he's one of the best choices you can make against beginner players, but that doesn't mean he's overpowered.  The only outstanding balance issue with the beast right now is that his acid spit is out of line compared with his other abilities (similar to Rook's towers or Regulus' mines; every decent player is getting those skills).

April 29, 2009 1:42:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you ever had the unfortunate experience of having to fight a UB pair? It doesn't matter what Demigod you use, a UB pair constantly spitting on you is gonna fucking kill you. You WILL have to retreat. Oak is excellent for taking on UB I've observed, but only ONE UB.... because when you use shield (which negates the spit effect) to protect against one UB spit, his teammate spits on you afterwards... shields cooldown is like 30 secs and at that point you're either retreating or dying. Nothing you can do. It pisses me off so much. Regulus mines are nothing compared to spit. It may need some tweaking but the fact of the matter is, Spit is too goddamn powerful for being a long range melee killers move. It's more powerful than Torch bearers final fire attack, and its a melee demigods long range attack. Fucking stupid.

April 29, 2009 2:38:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
Have you ever had the unfortunate experience of having to fight a UB pair? It doesn't matter what Demigod you use, a UB pair constantly spitting on you is gonna fucking kill you.

Any DG pair will kill you.  Never fight 2v1.  Sometimes you get caught and can't help it, but that doesn't mean something is broken.

April 29, 2009 2:56:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
Have you ever had the unfortunate experience of having to fight a UB pair?

A pair of Rooks will kill you. A pair of TB will kill you. A pair of Sedna's will kill you. Two DG's against one isn't ever going to be a fair fight.

April 29, 2009 3:12:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A pair of Rooks will kill you. A pair of TB will kill you. A pair of Sedna's will kill you. Two DG's against one isn't ever going to be a fair fight.

Baiting a UB eh? Well first you will need: twinkies laced with laxatives, a large pepperoni pizza from Little Cesar's, and a shit load of mountain dew   I don't have trouble with UB...maybe I get lucky and don't have to play the really good ones teehee but I've always found an early gank and kill or 2 helps in the long run. Even if you don't kill him, take his hp down, make him run and what not. That's just my opinion though...depends on who is behind the keyboard of the UB I guess. HAPPY HUNTING!

April 29, 2009 3:30:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus Mines will make short work of any UB

April 29, 2009 3:47:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well 2 UB spitting on Ereberus is gonna do bugger all with mist or any other person that can remove it at will

April 29, 2009 5:47:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can't use Erebus against UB in pantheon.

April 29, 2009 6:01:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Protocept00 -  record and post a video of you playing a game against an UB.

Maybe we'd be able to deduce a flaw in your play style.  Just maybe.

April 29, 2009 6:35:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reg with mines really hurt.  And if teamed with a good sedna, it is a really big pain in the ass.

April 29, 2009 6:41:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Number 9,
Protocept00 -  record and post a video of you playing a game against an UB.

Maybe we'd be able to deduce a flaw in your play style.  Just maybe.

I've found so far, that in a one on one battle between Oak and UB, Oak will win with approipiate abilities selected and provided you are in mid-game or late game. However, playing a domination match 2v2, the UB team always wins. Simply because they can capture the flags faster, levelup faster (by preventing my team from acquiring kills), and spit is extremely powerful in early stages of the game. I just can't figure it out. It's impossible. In early game domination the UB always wins. Always.Oak is weak in the early stages of the game, and since I'm useless in early stages of game as Oak, it's pretty much over.

April 29, 2009 6:50:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seriously, post a replay, it's going to get you the most quality advice.

Secondly, have you conisdered consumables?  I believe there's one that would remove UB's DoT (I could be wrong though)

I'm probably not playing at anywhere near your level of competition, but usually I find that 1v1 I can force an UB to retreat as Erebus, and although he assumes his spit will finish me off I can typically get the health back by biting full strength creeps.

Also consider having your minions wail on UB while you are running away.  

UB will get some damage into you, but not nearly as much as if you were duking it out with him and if you've got enough minion DPS then you should be able to force him to retreat from behind your lines while you are relatively healthy and he is low on health and mana.  When playing as Erebus that means you can typically bat swarm after him and chew him up.

April 29, 2009 7:07:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

na have no problems with ub , erebus though , i can have 4 kills as regulus (going dps/stacking build) and wipe ubs face from lvl 2 , but erebus , bite , well its over then

April 29, 2009 7:12:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What matters the most isn't the class in game, it's the person behind the keyboard.  Decent players can make any class look overpowered.  For example, last night I played in 3 games and each game had an Unclean Beast in them.  Lost every game and logged off thinking that Unclean Beast's were way overpowered.  Came back today with a new tactic and my first game was a 2v2, both were Unclean Beasts.  They both went down pretty hard. 

April 29, 2009 7:33:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB = spit and run. Honestly the most worthless demigod in the game. morso then the torch bearer. and that's saying a lot. no wait, 2 way tie between UB and Rook. Both are unbelivabley terrible.

It confuses me to no end when players die to assassins. I don't mean in gang up scenarios, i mean in general play. Assassins cannot compete with generals 1v1. The only way for assassins to kill generals is to gang up on them and hope the general is dumb enough to walk into it.

April 29, 2009 8:47:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nivina,
UB = spit and run. Honestly the most worthless demigod in the game. morso then the torch bearer. and that's saying a lot. no wait, 2 way tie between UB and Rook. Both are unbelivabley terrible.

It confuses me to no end when players die to assassins. I don't mean in gang up scenarios, i mean in general play. Assassins cannot compete with generals 1v1. The only way for assassins to kill generals is to gang up on them and hope the general is dumb enough to walk into it.

This is a quality post.

April 29, 2009 9:00:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nivina,
It confuses me to no end when players die to assassins.

One of my more common ways of dying to regulus or UB is that they charge in with a double wave of creeps and I just don't notice them (this happens most frequently when I'm trying to battle oak or rook).

I believe regulus can get some easy kills using lucky mines and a snipe, but this happens to me a lot less now that I'm usually surrounded by a cloud of pets

I haven't played against a really competent rook yet, but I've heard his boulder throw can keep you stunned long enough for him to hammer smash you to death if he times it right

April 29, 2009 9:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've found I'm really powerful with Oak, but less so with the assasins. (I still haven't tried sedna, I'm superstitious enough to think playing a hero of the opposite sex is incredibly unlucky.)

I don't think the assasins are weaker, I think they just take more skill and practice to master.

April 29, 2009 9:39:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for me, I can pretty much handle my own vs any DG, except UB.  No matter what I do, or what DG I use, UB seems to kill me.  And I don't mean that in the end of a battle, I die, I mean I just seem to die in seconds.  If I run, he keeps up with me.  Heal, his diseases keep killing me. Stay and fight = I get in a hit or two before it's off to limbo for 30 secs.

ONLY with the catlady do I survive, and that's only because I might be able to spam a heal as I run away the second I see him.  But that's all I can do; run away.  Killing him with her is not an option. . .

April 29, 2009 9:40:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nivina,

Your analysis is thorough and enlightening.  The scientific community owes you a great debt of gratitude.

On another note, it's a good thing this game is largely regarded as team oriented and most kills will be the result of strategy and careful planning.  But boy are you right!  LAWL all over those assassin's faces, man.  Only for the nubs, amirite?!

Let's get together sometime.  I'll bring some people, you bring some people.  It'll be great fun.

April 29, 2009 11:47:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheTrav,
Seriously, post a replay, it's going to get you the most quality advice.

Secondly, have you conisdered consumables?  I believe there's one that would remove UB's DoT (I could be wrong though)

I'm probably not playing at anywhere near your level of competition, but usually I find that 1v1 I can force an UB to retreat as Erebus, and although he assumes his spit will finish me off I can typically get the health back by biting full strength creeps.

Also consider having your minions wail on UB while you are running away.  

UB will get some damage into you, but not nearly as much as if you were duking it out with him and if you've got enough minion DPS then you should be able to force him to retreat from behind your lines while you are relatively healthy and he is low on health and mana.  When playing as Erebus that means you can typically bat swarm after him and chew him up.

Unfortuately I am speaking of solely pantheon games, so I couldn't be Erebus. I am asking for advice on UB because he seems to be the only Demigod I ever come across on pantheon. I swear most Darkness forces use him. It's annoying. And I am tired of seeing the same combo over and over again. Spit, run, spit, chase + other UB moves sometimes.

April 29, 2009 11:50:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting naivian,
What matters the most isn't the class in game, it's the person behind the keyboard.  Decent players can make any class look overpowered.  For example, last night I played in 3 games and each game had an Unclean Beast in them.  Lost every game and logged off thinking that Unclean Beast's were way overpowered.  Came back today with a new tactic and my first game was a 2v2, both were Unclean Beasts.  They both went down pretty hard. 

You also must consider that maybe you had a much better teammate than I did. My teammate quit in the game BECAUSE of the dual UB spit combo. Left me hanging to finish the match.

April 29, 2009 11:55:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
As for me, I can pretty much handle my own vs any DG, except UB.  No matter what I do, or what DG I use, UB seems to kill me.  And I don't mean that in the end of a battle, I die, I mean I just seem to die in seconds.  If I run, he keeps up with me.  Heal, his diseases keep killing me. Stay and fight = I get in a hit or two before it's off to limbo for 30 secs.

ONLY with the catlady do I survive, and that's only because I might be able to spam a heal as I run away the second I see him.  But that's all I can do; run away.  Killing him with her is not an option. . .

Try Oak. Put your exp points into shield, it negates the effects of spit and a lot of UBs other moves. Pestilence or whatever it's called it's extremely useful because not only does it do high damage.... it slows UB down. So if he runs off after finding out his spit bullshit didn't work, Use pest... and then give chase.... however... here's the bullshit part.... by the time you give chase and start wailing at him, he's got spit back... it has a low cooldown...and guess what... your shield will still be charging. Now you're screwed, unless you can find some creeps to keep your health up if you have divine justice and the AOE skill. Oak is the cloest I can get to beating UB... however... because of UBs fast cooldown of spit... he can still just as easily kill you. Gawd it sucks.

April 30, 2009 11:02:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try Oak. Put your exp points into shield, it negates the effects of spit and a lot of UBs other moves. Pestilence or whatever it's called it's extremely useful because not only does it do high damage.... it slows UB down. So if he runs off after finding out his spit bullshit didn't work, Use pest... and then give chase.... however... here's the bullshit part.... by the time you give chase and start wailing at him, he's got spit back... it has a low cooldown...and guess what... your shield will still be charging. Now you're screwed, unless you can find some creeps to keep your health up if you have divine justice and the AOE skill. Oak is the cloest I can get to beating UB... however... because of UBs fast cooldown of spit... he can still just as easily kill you. Gawd it sucks.

With his low mana pool UB can spit 3 max 4 times. Oak can survive this and with smart shield usage+ a potion stay relatively fresh aswell. Then UBs out of mana for spit or other abilities, while oak is angry as hell and ready to rumble!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000532   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.