The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What would you guys think if ...(Rook question)

By on April 29, 2009 2:42:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

JLP2005

Join Date 04/2009
+1

Instead of taking away from the mana pool of the Rook, the Raise Tower ability would come directly from his health.

I'm not saying OMG NERF ROOK WTF, but moreso casting my idea out to see opinions.

Thanks, guys.

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 29, 2009 2:48:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would actually make more sense

April 29, 2009 2:49:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it conjures some sort of spell to raise a tower from the earth....that should take mana over health

all though if they made it so he shrinks a little bit and takes his health when he places it down and when it dies or expires he gains his size back and gets his health back it would be cool i guess

April 29, 2009 3:02:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His ability to get health over time when he absorbs towers would be useless then. I mean, it's not like anyone wants to damage their own towers just to get a small health boost, when you can make your own tower and take from. If I lost health creating this tower, I don't see any reason to do a "create tower, absorb health"-spec.

April 29, 2009 5:23:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

err.... doing that would raise the question: wtf would the rook need mana for then?

Just to boulder/slam/suck up towers?

Aside from that: terrible idea. the last thing i need when towering on the frontline is getting my health cut.... If you do that, the towers would have to be upgrades to doomsday laserz to make it worth it.

April 29, 2009 11:25:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The main reason I raise this question is that the Rook is the only DG who can do significant damage just by walking around.

You take a rook, who starts off at, I don't know, 2600 health?  Something like that?  The first tower ability raises a tower with somewhere around 800 hp?  Now you're talking about not some player itself, but an AREA that can do significant damage, and versus one or two other people, it's so powerful that it's better to just walk away from it, but then again the rook can just move up FROM that.

I consider this a relatively strong strategy, and not necessarily overpowered because if you have a TB and a QoT you can just range dps the towers, etc etc, but the only thing I would say is OP about the rook is their leech health ability.  It's ridiculous.

Let's keep some ideas flowin'.

April 29, 2009 11:38:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but the only thing I would say is OP about the rook is their leech health ability.  It's ridiculous.

Someone got owned by a rook. Wahh..

;_;

Cookie to make you feel better?

April 30, 2009 7:43:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting JLP2005,
The main reason I raise this question is that the Rook is the only DG who can do significant damage just by walking around.

You take a rook, who starts off at, I don't know, 2600 health?  Something like that?  The first tower ability raises a tower with somewhere around 800 hp?  Now you're talking about not some player itself, but an AREA that can do significant damage, and versus one or two other people, it's so powerful that it's better to just walk away from it, but then again the rook can just move up FROM that.

I consider this a relatively strong strategy, and not necessarily overpowered because if you have a TB and a QoT you can just range dps the towers, etc etc, but the only thing I would say is OP about the rook is their leech health ability.  It's ridiculous.

Towers eat 400 mana a pop. they last 90 seconds.

Rook has shitty mana.

Go do the math. he has to gulp mana potions en masse to keep up towering in any threating form, so he wont be getting many items.

While you get items.

Also: when attacking rook towers, gulp a hp potion or two. shoocking revelation to a rook when the damn enemy demigod doesnt veer away the moment he spots the towers.

I tower a lot as a rook, but ive never owned someone with it. Too easy to bypass, too costly to keep up as a strategie throughout the game.

April 30, 2009 7:54:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Levelheaded,

Quoting JLP2005, reply 5The main reason I raise this question is that the Rook is the only DG who can do significant damage just by walking around.

Rook has shitty mana.

Go do the math. he has to gulp mana potions en masse to keep up towering in any threating form, so he wont be getting many items.

While you get tiems.

Also: when attacking rook towers, gulp a hp potion or two. shoocking revelation to a rook when the damn enemy demigod doesnt veer away the moment he spots the towers.

I tower a lot as a rook, but ive never owned someone with it. Too easy to bypass, too costly to keep up as a strategie throughout the game.

The tower spamming rook build (the only really viable one anyway) requires that you take the items that make mana a non-issue. That being said there are plenty of heroes and methods to counter tower spam. If they made towers come from HP that might even make him more powerful because when he stacks items for HP and HP regen it would provide a defensive and an offensive benefit. Part of having to spend cash on mana regen gear (don't waste gold on mp pots) is the balance that keeps the rook from getting too geared out defensively or offensively.

April 30, 2009 8:07:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Even with mana gear he will run out though i nan actualy tower vs tower kill scenario, as it regenrates slowly especialy in the begining were towering is most effective. later on most demigods grow the skills needed to waste towers so the situation turns in favor of them, since they can go ignore you and your towers in favor of, say, smashing important things or getting flags.

April 30, 2009 5:32:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,

but the only thing I would say is OP about the rook is their leech health ability.  It's ridiculous.

Someone got owned by a rook. Wahh..

;_;

Cookie to make you feel better?

there are too many people who use the term op  i wish people would stop using it if they dont know anything about the balance in games

April 30, 2009 5:42:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The tower spamming rook build (the only really viable one anyway)

./snicker

A hammer slam build can be very viable, properly used.

May 1, 2009 3:02:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

./snicker

pst.. don't tell them.

May 1, 2009 9:45:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Levelheaded,

Quoting Ron Lugge, reply 11The tower spamming rook build (the only really viable one anyway)

./snicker

pst.. don't tell them.

lol

May 1, 2009 10:06:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This could potentially work, maybe adjust it so that you can also suck life back out of your own towers as well?  This way you loaning health to your tower, but if you need it you can suck it back up, which would use mana to do.  I dunno, I could see the possibility at least

May 1, 2009 10:32:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

./snicker

Shhhh, stop giving Rook trade secrets away, then again I don't think i've seen anyone playing rook BUT me use something like this. Hell I haven't even seen a Rook that doesn't spam towers.

May 1, 2009 11:17:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I teamed with a unclean beast, and owned the map. I was enhancing the passive abilities, and playing like a archer-medium armor.

May 1, 2009 11:33:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i use the hammer boulder slammer build, works great ! with enhanced body structures and some towers...

May 1, 2009 12:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Levelheaded,

Rook has shitty mana.

While you get items.

Get a Heart of Life. When playing as a tower spammer, you guarantee you'll have a position to retreat to when you need mana. Once you start getting the more expensive spells, I usually buy the Vlemish Faceguard for the huge mana pool boost, but the rest is just hp/armor equip.

Like this, I never have mana trouble except for the start of the game, and I always start off with a single 750 health pot and 1000 mana pot so that I don't have to retreat right off the bat.

Quoting Ron Lugge,

./snicker

The downside in that build is that it's much more risky. You don't have a wall of towers to retreat to, you have to predict your enemy's movement, and should you get interrupted, you're screwed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: