The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

To moderator(s): Create a subsection forum for Demigod: "Gameplay"

In an effort to clear the clutter...

By on April 28, 2009 11:46:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

As i see it now, there are only 3 forum subsections of Demigod:

1. Demigod Technical Support

2. Demigod Journals

3. Demigod General -the place where i post now and where the trouble is, imo.

Why not create a Demigod Gameplay subsection, where we can all post only threads about demigods, balance issues, new ideas, items, etc? Right now all of this is posted alongside with threads like:

"How should Stardock make up for the DG online fiasco?"

"Thanks and bye!"

"Striving for a better community than Dota."

"Rage Quitters"

"Demigod would have been better on 360"

"How much did it cost to make Demigod ?"

"battle.net Mentality"

Do i really need to go one with this? I'm not saying to delete such threads, but put (leave) them in the general section, and move the rest (like the demigods ideas or balance posts) in a new gameplay subforum section. Right now, gameplay related threads are lost among dozens of irrelevant threads like the ones above.

If Stardock wants this game to grow a strong online community, some changes must be made to the forums.

+13 Karma | 4 Replies
April 28, 2009 11:48:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are also Ideas and Strategies subsections already.

April 28, 2009 12:19:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm sorry, maybe i'm on another forum, as i can't see (find) them.

Here is a picture of the Demigod section, as i see it in my browser (ff3):

April 28, 2009 12:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Impulse has a limited selection of major categories since it has so many. The others are all available on the actual demigod website.

April 28, 2009 12:58:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Oh...didn't know that. Maybe you should be more clear to new forum members about this. For example if you use the Impulse client, you can only see these forums, not the "demigodthegame.com" forums. I didn't even know they existed. When i've registered to these forums, i've did it from the impulse client, as i'm a new impulse user.

I pretty sure that some people posting here gameplay ideas and such, instead on the Ideas subsection, don't know about the other Demigod forums, more complete with more subsections...It's really confusing to have such a forum organizing. My 2 cents..

edit: for the people who don't understand what i'm talking about, see below:

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/469 -> All demigod forums, minus the Ideas and Strategies subsections.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/  -> Same forums as above, but with Ideas and Strategies subsections.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.