The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Base host port for Demigod?

By on April 28, 2009 9:00:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi

Since I'm also one of those having connection problems, I wanted to open the ports 6100-6200 (UDP) as recommanded. But my router asks for a base host port, which I wasn't able to find out. So could anyone tell me what I have to write there?

Until now I have always forwarded each single port, which worked well, but for Demigod, there are so many ports to forward that this isn't an option. And if I just use the port range 6100-6200 and the base port 6100 I still can't connect to any game at all...

Can somebody please help me out, I want to play this game...

PS: I never had any problems playing supcom... (yes, i forwarded each single port by its own)

+1 Karma | 3 Replies
April 28, 2009 9:03:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm... can you post a Screenshot of you router config? I don't quite understand what a "base host port" could be.

April 28, 2009 1:03:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Router config

So thats the screen where I can insert the port range. I have marked the thing I don't know.

Sorry for the german, but I would have to reset the router in order to change the language...

April 28, 2009 1:40:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

most likely its asking for an outgoing port to activate the forward

eg it gets an outgoing connection from some computer on port 6073 and in response forwards incoming ports 6100 - 6200 to that computers internal IP

most routers will have 2 differnt ways of forwarding ports, this (dynamic) method and somewhere else there will be a permanent forwarding option, i suggest you dig around a bit more for some page that looks similar but not quite the same.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.