The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

How should Stardock make up for the DG online fiasco?

By on April 27, 2009 10:17:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Obviously they need to fix the garbage netcode they are using.  But outside of that for those of us that jumped in early to play this game only to be met with frustrations and not being able to play the game against an all human player match should they offer some reparations for our suffering?

For example, 75% off of any software in their library? If there is ever a DG2 or DG expansion (that's a big if as this game may not last very long due to the poor reviews due to the bad net code) they could give us 50% off.

How about a custom favor item that only people who suffered by buying the game before they fixed it can use?  Maybe a customized symbol on your DG during the game of a broken heart symbolizing our pain.

Any other ideas?

+2 Karma | 94 Replies
April 27, 2009 10:18:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BTW: Yes I'd rather be playing the game instead of talking about it, but the forum is all I have the patience for right now.

April 27, 2009 10:21:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope $10 stardock credit at impulse or 75% off another copy of demigod.

April 27, 2009 10:23:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would like a free Rook miniature...as a tabletop gamer i wants!

April 27, 2009 10:23:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Constant communication, legitimate effort, and CEO transparency isn't enough for the Modern Entitlement Baby?

April 27, 2009 10:31:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL wow this thread is sad...sadder than a ship full of puppies that is sinking, and on fire...seriously this thread is like somebody ordering a pepperoni pizza and finds an olive in the box heaven forbid that you pick out the olive and flick it in the trash. Instead you have to bitch and moan about it, and demand a refund. This game is going to be fixed eventually. I agree with Keno, is it not enough for you to get reassurances from the CEO and countless staff members? Anywho...have a nice night

April 27, 2009 10:32:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KenoLFD,
Constant communication, legitimate effort, and CEO transparency isn't enough for the Modern Entitlement Baby?
QFT.

It sucks the issues happened. But theres nothing you can do to change that. They are doing everything they can to fix it and are letting us know each step of the way. If you wanna scream 'IT SHOULDNT OF BEEN RELEASED LIKE THIS!'. They arnt forcing you to play it. What would be the difference of waiting a month not playing or the game not coming out for a month? Bleh.

April 27, 2009 10:36:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How about you go back to paying to play WoW and the alike MMO.  Dude have you been paying attention to what these people are doing?

I guess if they want to send me a birthday card every year on my birthday with 5000 favor points...  I wouldn"t mind!

April 27, 2009 10:37:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KenoLFD,

My thoughts exactly.

+1 karma for you!

April 27, 2009 10:39:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While I don't feel any of us are entitled to reparations I think the olive anecdote doesn't quite cover the pain of connection issues... It's more like you got your pizza in a steel box that wouldn't open, or would open some times to give you a bite sized morsel of food, and sometimes it'll open enough to get a bit of food out but then suck the food back in.

April 27, 2009 10:41:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ KenoLFD,

Karma for you!  

April 27, 2009 10:42:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

Quoting KenoLFD,
reply 4
QFT.

It sucks the issues happened. But theres nothing you can do to change that. They are doing everything they can to fix it and are letting us know each step of the way. If you wanna scream 'IT SHOULDNT OF BEEN RELEASED LIKE THIS!'. They arnt forcing you to play it. What would be the difference of waiting a month not playing or the game not coming out for a month? Bleh.

Ok, so can I get my money back?  In just about any other industry I could get my money back (except for watchign a crappy movie, but even then it's not unheard of leaving a movie early and demanding your money back...they give you passes to a movie of your choice typically).  But what is my recourse for buying a game that isn't playable?  Yes the CEO giving updates is nice, but really the fact that its the CEO just lets me know it's going to take longer than most companies to fix...if a CEO is involved at this low of a level this is obviously a very small company without enough resources to fix the problem quickly.

If I could return the game I would and then I'd buy it once it all gets fixed.  Right now it's pretty much worthless...the forums are more fun then the game as of now.  You are a bit mixed up if you think it's being an entitlement baby for just wanting what you pay for.  If I sold you a new car and it didn't have an engine in it when I delivered it but you already paid the cash...who's cheating who?

April 27, 2009 10:42:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is Stardock your servant?  As long as they are on the ball for debugging the problems they didn't see coming, don't give them shit like this. If they abandoned the project, sure, this would be fine, but don't expect anything from them besides their commitment to make sure the game is going to run fine for the majority.  Impossible to get everyone to happy though.

April 27, 2009 10:43:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheTrav,
While I don't feel any of us are entitled to reparations I think the olive anecdote doesn't quite cover the pain of connection issues... It's more like you got your pizza in a steel box that wouldn't open, or would open some times to give you a bite sized morsel of food, and sometimes it'll open enough to get a bit of food out but then suck the food back in.

So true.  Karma for you.

April 27, 2009 10:45:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol thank you for cleaning up the pizza thing for me I was trying to point out how whiny schlista was...should have made that a bit easier to understand, my bad

April 27, 2009 10:45:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think they need to send us kittens

April 27, 2009 10:47:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

schlista,

So quit your damn bitching and contact sales about getting a refund already.  I believe Frogboy stated that (in a thread I can't find atm... ) in fact they would give refunds for unhappy customers (in light of these connection etc. issues).  Don't quote me if I'm wrong...hehe  

In fact, I remember (with fondness...hehe) a particularily loud-mouthed piece in Sins of a Solar Empire who was told in no uncertain terms by Frogboy himself (CEO of stardock) to quit his bitching, contact sales, get his money back and that he would be barred forever from purchasing another Stardock product just so he would shut it!........ I couldn't stop lol'ing all day!

As usual, Frogboy FTW! 

April 27, 2009 10:48:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Granolan2021,
lol thank you for cleaning up the pizza thing for me I was trying to point out how whiny schlista was...should have made that a bit easier to understand, my bad

So it's whiny when I pay $40 for a game that is unplayable?  Is it whiny when you buy a car and it doesn't run and you use the lemon law to get your money back?

I'm just amazed at fanboys that won't speak out about things when companies/people screw up. Sure they need to fix it, that's a bare minimum to avoid a lawsuit.  But what should they do to win over the people the pissed off with their crappy online code?

A game that is pretty much online only that can't be played online is a joke.

April 27, 2009 10:50:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

schlista,

So quit your damn bitching and contact sales about getting a refund already.  I believe Frogboy stated that in fact they would give refunds for unhappy customers (in light of these connection etc. issues).  Don't quote me if I'm wrong...hehe  

In fact, I remember (with fondness...hehe) a particularily loud-mouthed piece in Sins of a Solar Empire who was told in no uncertain terms by Frogboy himself (CEO of stardock) to quit his bitching, contact sales, get his money back and that he would be barred forever from purchasing another Stardock product just so he would shut it!........ I couldn't stop lol'ing all day!

As usual, Frogboy FTW! 

Ah, didn't know that was an option because all software sales (retail) said no refunds for opened games.  But I'll contact sales and let everyone know if that's an option.

I'll probably buy it again once they fix it though...the game has great potential but right now it's just not there yet.

April 27, 2009 10:52:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, contact sales and please just stop the river of tears.  This is not a pizza, or car, or anything like that.  It's a piece of software and if you aren't new to buying software, you know these things are comman and there bugs and things of that nature.  There always has been, and there always will be.  It's the nature of purchasing software.  They are doing their god's honest best to fix up the problems, but if you are so impatient and want to throw a tantrum, just get a refund already.

I don't mean to be rude, but if they were staying quiet and not making progress that would be one thing and I might even agree with you...but quite the opposite is true.  They have already improved the system greatly, they are keeping us informed on a daily basis, and by god the CEO of the company is even involved and making sure the community knows they are serious about fixing the game.

April 27, 2009 10:55:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd support some free DLC. Some new maps maybe?

April 27, 2009 10:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm just amazed at fanboys that won't speak out about things when companies/people screw up. Sure they need to fix it, that's a bare minimum to avoid a lawsuit.  But what should they do to win over the people the pissed off with their crappy online code?

schlista,

...and once they refund your money, you can come back to these forums with your tail between your legs and COMMEND STARDOCK on something for a change!    

P.S.

Oh, and I'll take an apology on behalf of all of us "FANBOI's" as well thank you!   hehe  

April 27, 2009 11:00:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting schlista,

Quoting Teseer,
reply 6

Quoting KenoLFD,
reply 4
QFT.

Ok, so can I get my money back?  In just about any other industry I could get my money back (except for watchign a crappy movie, but even then it's not unheard of leaving a movie early and demanding your money back...they give you passes to a movie of your choice typically).  But what is my recourse for buying a game that isn't playable?  Yes the CEO giving updates is nice, but really the fact that its the CEO just lets me know it's going to take longer than most companies to fix...if a CEO is involved at this low of a level this is obviously a very small company without enough resources to fix the problem quickly.

If I could return the game I would and then I'd buy it once it all gets fixed.  Right now it's pretty much worthless...the forums are more fun then the game as of now.  You are a bit mixed up if you think it's being an entitlement baby for just wanting what you pay for.  If I sold you a new car and it didn't have an engine in it when I delivered it but you already paid the cash...who's cheating who?

April 27, 2009 11:03:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Renevent,
Yes, contact sales and please just stop the river of tears.  This is not a pizza, or car, or anything like that.  It's a piece of software and if aren't new to buying software, there bugs and things of that nature.  There always has been, and there always will be.  It's the nature of purchasing software.  They are doing their god's honest best to fix up the problems, but if you are so impatient and want to throw a tantrum, just get a refund already.

Yep and that nature of software needs to change.  I'm in the software business I know...and guess what unless people complain about it the issues get ignored.  When people scream loudly we get right on it.  Call it what you want but if you just sit back and allow them to take advantage of you...well good for you.  I'd rather they fix it..as I said it has great potential, but with the pirated version playing better than the retail version...it makes me wonder if it will ever have a large enough retail userbase to make it a good online game.

But you'll be glad to know I contacted sales.  It will be interesting to know how they give a refund on a game bought at a retail store.  If they manage that they will definitely get good customer service points.  It's one thing to release a buggy product (hey bad things happen) but it's a whole other story to not stand behind your product by either giving a refund or credit to make it right.

April 27, 2009 11:04:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm just amazed at fanboys that won't speak out about things when companies/people screw up. Sure they need to fix it, that's a bare minimum to avoid a lawsuit. But what should they do to win over the people the pissed off with their crappy online code?

schlista,

...and once they refund your money, you can come back to these forums with your tail between your legs and COMMEND STARDOCK on something for a change!

P.S.

Oh, and I'll take an apology on behalf of all of us "FANBOI's" as well thank you! hehe

Absolutely, but my tail wont' be between my legs.  It will be good on them for their customer support and it will make me more likely to buy other stardock products in the future (along with the good stories I tell my friends about stardock).  Of course the inverse is true as well.

April 27, 2009 11:06:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How should Stardock make up for the DG online fiasco?

By fixing it. No other way.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.