Erebus is OP - end of story

By on April 26, 2009 6:24:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GnomeChomp

Join Date 04/2009
+7

You can tell me that its too early to talk balance, that "the only OP demigod is always the one that kills you", there is no such thing as OP but that's BS.

Erebus is OP, and you can tell me I'm wrong but I guarantee you are going to see him get a nerf sooner or later.

Locked Post 329 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 26, 2009 6:48:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bite needs balancing, everything else seems ok. 600 points of positive effect for 300 mana on level 1 is a bit too much (and 1800 for 600 mana on 4th level). compare it with fireball - 300 dmg for 300 mana = half worse.

April 26, 2009 6:50:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

end of story

Only a fool believes in facts, and this is a discussion forum.  If you do not search for a dialogue then you should not start a discussion.

April 26, 2009 7:07:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, if Fireball is 300 dam for 300 mana, then bite should be exactly 150 dam and heal for 300 mana or Fireball should do 600 for 300 mana whichever. Can't believe they let that one through.

April 26, 2009 7:11:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Every DG is OP!  Erebus is soft like butter. 

April 26, 2009 7:19:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Erebus is soft like butter. "

Nice hyperbole but wrong. Erebus is by far the easiest DG to keep alive, just use bite for more health or teleport out the area with bat swarm.

Played a lot of games where Erebus never died once.

April 26, 2009 7:29:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus on the other hand just has so many strong skills. He can:

Steal health (it's the most damaging move in the game and it can't be dodged.)
Slow you and lower your armour
Stun you
increase skill recharge time
avoid hammer slam with 3/4 skills
has his own teleport which is longest in the game
can remove debuffs on himself
has the easiest minions to get (he even starts with the ability to spawn two of them.)
removes the health / mana bonus for killing him
given enough mana regen can stay in mist form indefinably (preventing any gank attempt)
passive speed boost.

and the kicker is he can do everything above with one build.

April 26, 2009 8:10:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Started playing as Erebus only today, but I agree. Just won 1v2 vs Oak and Rook in Skirmish.

April 26, 2009 8:15:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol he was worse in beta when he did more than 150steal.  You don't know what you're talking about :/  Bite isn't ranged.

Erebus is just slightly too good.  All the generals are bit too good.

April 26, 2009 8:45:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol Erebus is just as strong as any other DG
i had games where QoT owned everyone and its not like im noob
she shilded herself then AOE + minions, then shild again, and from there she spams AOE spikes
we was 2 vs her and she owned us

Same was with Torch, he seems weak but in proffesional hands he pwns

its all depands on how good are you and with what
i just had a game with Rook and i pwned 2 UBs
unfortunaly my ally was a feeder and we lost (he didnt spent anything on the citadel and he didnt took flags)
i almost had 8k for the uber item that adds attack speed, combine it with the Rooks damage and you pwn
(you do like 1.5K damage with normal attack per second, and you destory towers like they are creeps)

And i also owned Erebus with Oak, spamd him with this ranged spell Oak got and he died like a creep...

April 26, 2009 8:55:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting chris701,
Erebus on the other hand just has so many strong skills. He can:

Steal health (it's the most damaging move in the game and it can't be dodged.)
Slow you and lower your armour
Stun you
increase skill recharge time
avoid hammer slam with 3/4 skills
has his own teleport which is longest in the game
can remove debuffs on himself
has the easiest minions to get (he even starts with the ability to spawn two of them.)
removes the health / mana bonus for killing him
given enough mana regen can stay in mist form indefinably (preventing any gank attempt)
passive speed boost.

and the kicker is he can do everything above with one build.

You little bitch. Get your own arguements and don't steal mine.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=481005&st=0

post 6

Erebus is little strong but far from OP. (the extra 100 damage added onto bite's 900 max rank was taking into account extra damage from the armour debuff.) Yes he can do too much which I don't think he should be able to, but OP? You've never played WoW have you? (coming from someone who's played a class that was OP and UP, erebus is strong not OP)

April 26, 2009 9:08:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey dipshit, notice the italics indicating quote?

And another quote from you:

"Erebus OP"

MONG

April 26, 2009 9:13:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've played against ridiculously strong torch bearer more often than I've played against ridiculously strong erebus. Ridiculously strong erebus doesn't come about until late game when he's earned at least 20,000 gold (enough to get the 6000g boots, 6000g gloves, and a mageslayer 8000g). I've seen torchbearers who can 2 shot you with their fire ball and ground pound thing, move faster than erebus, and have 8000hp to boot.

Everyone who is claiming him to be overpowered has to look at his other stats. Torch bearer innately does alot more damage than erebus, on top of which he has ranged crowd control and tons of AoE damage. Erebus on the other hand does alot less damage by default so he has to focus on getting +dmg and +attack speed gear, while worrying about his +speed (necessary for escaping and staying on top of people with your +attack speed). Torch bearer already does alot of innate damage and doesn't really have to worry so much about auto attack because the bulk of his damage comes from his insanely powereful cooldowns. Thus torch bearer can afford to spend a bunch of money and slots on +hp, effectively making him one badass mothafucka. Stacking as much health gear on erebus as I could, the most I've ever seen his health was just at about 6000. I've seen torch bearers with 8000 health. 6000+ regen/bite ~= 8000 health raw.

I guess my point is this. When you list his skills in a line, yes it certainly seems as though he is more powereful than the other demigods. But when you take into account his low default attack power and low default health, it changes the equation a good deal. Bite is the ONLY thing that really makes him good. Take that away or nerf it and you've effectively made him useless. No one wants a demigod that can ONLY run away.

April 26, 2009 9:22:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Erebus isn't OP, I just played a game with X and killed the whole world!"

Sure, you did tough guy.

But I guarantee when the balance patch comes around Erebus is going to get the biggest nerf and when that happens I will ttt this post.

April 26, 2009 9:30:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey dipshit, notice the italics indicating quote?

And another quote from you:

"Erebus OP"

MONG

and the thread title is called "If one Demigod were OP..."  Amazing the difference of the thread if the title was "which demigod is OP?"

Second, doesn't matter bout italics I could be talking out of my ass and you wouldn't know. Come up with your own arguements or don't try to argue at all. (They weren't your arguements as you had to go to another forum, read my post then copy /paste it into this thread.)

Finally I know the quote system is hard to figure it out, but come on now it's not any harder to put [quote][quote] around it then it is to do italics.

April 26, 2009 9:34:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting chris701,
"Erebus isn't OP, I just played a game with X and killed the whole world!"

Sure, you did tough guy.

But I guarantee when the balance patch comes around Erebus is going to get the biggest nerf and when that happens I will ttt this post.

What are you... 13? Did you even read anyone else's post? Or are other people's opinions just not important to you. If this is the case why even start a thread? Why not just sit in your parents basement proclaiming yourself the smartest person alive and save us the trouble of having to read your idiotic threads.

April 26, 2009 9:42:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep that thread title makes no difference at all.

Someone stole your argument on the internet. Get a spine, Quentin.

"What are you... 13? Did you even read anyone else's post? Or are other people's opinions just not important to you. If this is the case why even start a thread? Why not just sit in your parents basement proclaiming yourself the smartest person alive and save us the trouble of having to read your idiotic threads."

We'll see.

April 26, 2009 9:50:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"But when you take into account his low default attack power and low default health, it changes the equation a good deal."
Yes, without items..... as they are bad and no-one uses them to make up for their DGs shortcomings.

People counter arguments of OP by saying every demigod can be OP.  Of course they can if given the right items.  How OP a demigod can be needs to consider what items and how easy it is to obtain them.  This includes the items that have the best synergy with the DG and the build taken.  If demigods reach a considered OP status far easier than others tweaking for balance needs to be considered.

From my experience, DGs with no items are more balanced from early to end-game than DGs with, item choice and power being a considerable factor in determining final DG strength.  Perhaps not nerfing/buffing DGs at the initial stage of the game is a good idea but instead look at increasing the costs and effects of powerful items so they are more in line with their relative use and benefit provided.

Personally I have come up against very strong erebus players who have had significantly less kills than me but absolutely trounced me without ever getting worried about dieing.  However I have had the exact opposite happen using the same build as when i was trounced.  Without replays working too well it is hard to tell what your opposition is using item-wise which is one of the driving factors of getting badly beaten.

April 26, 2009 10:06:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dydx,
"But when you take into account his low default attack power and low default health, it changes the equation a good deal."
Yes, without items..... as they are bad and no-one uses them to make up for their DGs shortcomings.

Everyone does, however what I'm saying is erebus' shortcomings compliment his skills. He NEEDS bite and health regen to compensate for the fact that he has very low health. Other demigods, have more health than he has, and so they don't need to invest as much money/slots into health as he does, and therefore they can afford to place their money/slots elsewhere. Everything has a balance or a counter.

Some demigods are more item dependant than others, erebus deffiantely is because he's a general and people attempt to play him as an assasin (the crazy good erebus). Assassins can simply level up their attack speed, damage, and health/health regen at the bottom of their tree. Erebus' bottom tree like every other general, is a minion tree. Therefore to play erebus like an assassin requires much more itemization than other demigods.

The excess money he has to spend on gear, you can spend on your citadel, and in fact that's the best counter I've found against cheesie erebus. Go for giants. Erebus' only "AoE" is his bat swarm which is really mana intensive and has a huge cooldown. Erebus can't stop an army of giants from getting to the citadel.

So like I said earlier, any demigod looks amazing if you only look at their strengths. You need to look at their weaknesses as well. Erebus has some awesome strenghts, but he also has a fair number of weaknesses he needs to overcome to make him viable. The crazy erebus' you guys are playing against are people who know erebus' weaknesses in and out, and have their item build order all worked out.

April 26, 2009 10:25:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lets play you with your Erebus vs my UB and i prommise you
you next thread will be UB is way OP

April 26, 2009 10:35:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

arf and another Op thread... I find this game pretty well balanced, but there is so much variables during a games... players skills, items, team skill, team demigods, map (how many time I saved the life of my DG with an healing potions on the ground) and you mirrors all this variables with the ennemy team.

During all my online games I've thought at least one time that all demigods are OP. Look at sedna/queen. Well played they are harder to kill than erebus. In fact, at a given level all demigod aren't balanced. Erebus isn't powerfull at all at begining. mist and stun use too much mana and you get the bat attack really later in the game. Compared to sedna/queen/reg he can die very fast. But near the end of a match finaly it's a killer. Now, if you re team is loosing, you will never get the uber skills/items.

Have just a final word : TEAMPLAY! I mean this game isn't 1vs1. In all match I loose with the feeling to be a noob vs OP demigod, it's because the ennemy team play better than your. How many match I see guys doing some suicide attacks at beginning... each time you die you give more gold/exp to others and they finish by be uber... Guys, find some/make some friends for play with you and help each other, you will see how it's easier to win!

April 26, 2009 11:09:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Chris needs some cheese his WHINE. 

April 26, 2009 11:11:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

because he lost a Demigod is overpowered. sissy get a life and play a game more suited to you, like candy land or sorry...

April 26, 2009 11:36:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

all they need is bite to cure around a 100 less on average and ti will be fine, trust ive played erb there are plenty of ways to counter if ur not bad or a rage quitter...

April 26, 2009 11:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If there was going to be one DG I'd say is Overpowered, I would agree it is Erebus.  His abilities are all just too good.

Mist (Can be countered with a 25g consumable or, when favor points actually work, a cheap favor point item, but it does way too much damage and with the right build is devastating).

Bite I think we all agree is a little overpowered based on the discussion above.

Bat Swarm, especially on Crusible, where he can just teleport between gaps (please fix this) is a very powerful ability, but it fits with his "Strike and Run" description.  With a slight nerf to bite and mist, this ability is fine.

So he can swarm in, mist, damage you quite a bit, auto attack, bite for health, and bat swarm out if necessary.  The point in that chain that should not exist is the auto-attacking, and the only way to stop his auto attack is to make him feel more vunerable (nerfing bite).

A very close second to erebus is Sedna for most op ; )

April 26, 2009 11:45:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"I think Chris needs some cheese his WHINE. "

Yeah that was funny. Which crappy television program did you steal that off?

"because he lost a Demigod is overpowered. sissy get a life and play a game more suited to you, like candy land or sorry..."

Like I said, we'll see.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.