The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Incredible UB AI

By on April 24, 2009 11:07:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well a picture says a thousand words so here is one:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/Annekynn/UBOP.jpg

This is a single player skirmish. All AIs set to Hard. Take a look at Paraxis, namely kills and damage done. This UB was running around at lightning speed and with all 5 of my demigods and an army of maxed out citadel units bashing on him would stay at 100% health. His evade chance was impossibly high and any hits that got through he would recover the damage almost instantly. Now ive beaten the tournament twice now on hard and I have never seen a UB get this incredible so what id like to know is what kind of combination of skills and items did the AI stumble upon that let him become totally unkillable? Yes he died 4 times but that was before he got his 10th kill. After that he couldnt be stopped. Killed my citadel all by himself.

Otherwise if this is a known bug of some sorts then please disregard.

+1 Karma | 4 Replies
April 24, 2009 11:39:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope, this happens when UB levels quickly and spends tons at the artifact shop, AI Reg abuses this to.  Then again every once in a while I can do a similar thing with Rook if I can get that insane cash flow. (1500000+ damage in one game, several thousand grunts, a few dozen kills)

It's not really an issue with demigod balance as much as it is one guy buying out the artifact shop.

EDIT: forgot to mention you can do this with TB too

April 24, 2009 11:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well hes 20, im 20, ive got three artifacts and best armor/helm/gloves/boots etc for my class and I cant bring him below 100%. Again, with 5 demigods bashing on him he stayed at 100%. So what combination of items will make you unkillable?

April 24, 2009 11:48:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've only really done it with Rook, basically Allfather Ring, Deathbringer, Ashkalon (?), Hauberk of Ages (?), Giant's Belt (?), and the spear which gives you a buttload of mana, plus furious blade as my favor item.  Rook became faster than UB with 10k HP, 6k mana, insane hp regen and lifesteal, 600-800 dmg per cleaving hit, with a chance to do 1700 cleaving damage, and with the furious blade stacking on the Ash, his attack speed became roughly a quarter of a second.

Granted this took over an hour to get enough gold, but Rook became unkillable and could kill an enemy Demigod in a few seconds.

April 25, 2009 12:07:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys play the match way to long when you buy more then 1 artifact.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.