The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Just pirated the game and want info before buying now (edit: bought it)

By on April 24, 2009 3:27:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bigshotweb

Join Date 08/2002

I'm in Canada and it seems that Take2 sells the game to retailers up here am I right?

BestBuy and Futureshop are both selling the game up here for $49.99 CAD. Your site sells it for $49.99 USD, but you guys have it listed as a "Collector's Edition" which is the only reason I want to buy this now

Will the retail box version up here in stores be the Collector's Edition?

UPDATE: well you know what? Amazon.ca is selling the CE with free shipping, i'll just grab it off of them. they're even selling it for $46 CAD!

Locked Post 73 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2009 3:35:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I beleive some stores have the collecter's edition available, including gamestop, but not all retail boxes are the Collecter's Edition, so whether or not they are still available or if they have sold out of the Collecter's Edition would most likely depend on the store you go to

April 24, 2009 3:41:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why add that you pirated it in the topic? im tired of seeing these topics for demigod on various forums saying "oh i pirated it and now i want to buy it" you think that makes it ok?

why not just call the store up and ask them if they have collectors edition? imo your post was usless and should be deleted.

April 24, 2009 3:43:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really, a 3rd topic, it's nice that you're buying the game but do the torrents have instructions along the line of : "Now go on their forums and rub their face in it"

Couldn't you just have a topic "want info before buying"?

[edit] I got ninja'd

April 24, 2009 6:41:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ph0bia,
why add that you pirated it in the topic? im tired of seeing these topics for demigod on various forums saying "oh i pirated it and now i want to buy it" you think that makes it ok?

why not just call the store up and ask them if they have collectors edition? imo your post was usless and should be deleted.

No, because (as it was pointed out in another piracy thread) pirates are cooler than people with self control who obey the law.

April 24, 2009 7:04:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How are pirates so bold these days? I am a pirate? Just like that?  

April 24, 2009 7:54:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they should legalize it

it wouldn't be so cool then

no but really, legalize IT

April 24, 2009 8:08:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you go ahead a think that.

April 24, 2009 8:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh good lord. Piracy isn't the end of the damn world. Calm down people.

I've pirated stuff, more so in my past than now. I hardly ever pirate things now but ocassionally if the moon strikes me I might grab a song that's catchy but in no damn way worth an entire CD purchase.

Bottom line is really, it doesn't matter. Get off the high horse =P

April 24, 2009 8:23:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so have i, and noone said it was the end of the world i just simply asked if adding that to the topic was needed and that this thread was useless....he can find a torrent online but cant seem to find a phone to call up the local game shop to see if they have the CE or not.

April 24, 2009 8:23:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ouchy Dathurts,

I've pirated stuff, more so in my past than now. I hardly ever pirate things now but ocassionally if the moon strikes me I might grab a song that's catchy but in no damn way worth an entire CD purchase.

Ouchy Dathurts,

Yep,  I often find myself walking along......passing a grocery store.......oops struck by moon.......feel like a SIP of milk......oooo look here...a bottle of milk.......yum......sooo tasty but definitely NOT worth standing in line and paying for the bottle!  

/sarcasm

April 24, 2009 8:54:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Ouchy Dathurts,

Amazon.com

Single song purchases

99 cents

April 24, 2009 8:59:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YARRRRRRR

April 24, 2009 9:15:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

Quoting Ouchy Dathurts, reply 8Oh good lord. Piracy isn't the end of the damn world. Calm down people.

Ouchy Dathurts,

Yep,  I often find myself walking along......passing a grocery store.......oops struck by moon.......feel like a SIP of milk......oooo look here...a bottle of milk.......yum......sooo tasty but definitely NOT worth standing in line and paying for the bottle!  

/sarcasm

I maintain piracy really isn't stealing. The artist isn't getting hurt. It's the faceless corporation pushing the CD or game thats going to take the hit. There are artists giving away their music for free (or whatever you decide its worth). They're not crying about it (besides metallica) because it really doesn't effect them.

Think of it more as going to your friends house and taking a can or pop or a beer. =P

Amazon.com

Single song purchases

99 cents

Zomg! Really?! I'm talking about songs that aren't even really worth a buck. Stupid, cheesy songs with no musical or artistic merit at all. But they're catchy and I might want to listen to it once every 6 months for a kick.

Want to really support a musical artistist don't buy the CD, dont DL the song, go to a show. Thats where they make their shitloads.

April 24, 2009 9:23:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Except those artists aren't your friends, and they didn't give you permission to grab that beer.

Pirate all you want, but it is wrong, and you are stealing...no matter what empty half baked justifications you try to make.

April 24, 2009 9:27:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ph0bia,

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't have bought this game if I didn't pirate it when I did...

April 24, 2009 9:34:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup, I bet you would have quit gaming all together if it weren't for torrents

April 24, 2009 9:41:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These retard pirate threads need to be locked and deleted.

April 24, 2009 9:51:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Renevent,
Except those artists aren't your friends, and they didn't give you permission to grab that beer.

Pirate all you want, but it is wrong, and you are stealing...no matter what empty half baked justifications you try to make.

Again, the artists dont really give a shit. The companys give a shit. Big difference. The artist says taking a beer doesn't really matter, mommy says no.

April 24, 2009 9:54:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Renevent,
Yup, I bet you would have quit gaming all together if it weren't for torrents

Well, no, it's just that I was really on the fence about this game, and had I waited for the demo, it would be too late-- I would already have spent my money on other summer releases that I was already following. I wouldn't have bought this game at all, it would have just been forgotten, really.

Of course, I'm not defending the redundancy of this topic. It's like OP just made it with the sole reason of announcing to the world that he pirated the game.

April 24, 2009 9:57:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, no, it's just that I was really on the fence about this game, and had I waited for the demo, it would be too late-- I would already have spent my money on other summer releases that I was already following. I wouldn't have bought this game at all, it would have just been forgotten, really.

So the devs should be thanking your action of pirating it for the resulting sale?  Am I the only one to whom this sounds crazy?  Please god I can't be the only one........sigh

/face - palm  

April 24, 2009 10:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its better than not getting the sale, is it not?=P

April 24, 2009 10:06:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

So the devs should be thanking your action of pirating it for the resulting sale?  Am I the only one to whom this sounds crazy?  Please god I can't be the only one........sigh

/face - palm  

Well, it does sound a bit crazy. But it's true. Without the option to rent PC games, and without a demo coming for a while(basicly, if it comes after SF4's PC release, it's a long time for me... heh...), it's kind of hard to evaluate a purchase unless you've been really hyped up about it. Demigod was just something that came up on the horizon soon after its release for me, and it looked fairly interesting, but mixed reviews and remarks really pushed me away. It wasn't until I played a few rounds of single player that I figured the game and its mechanics were worth a purchase.

I'm not saying that they should be thanking my actions(other then the act of actually purchasing it, of course), but that it's not all black and white. Stardock themselves said they don't care about pirates. And hey, if it works as a poor man's demo, so be it. It got my money that way.

April 24, 2009 10:22:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There was no demo for this game.  It did not function on release.  It currently barely functions. It is not currently worth money to non-fan boys.  When they fix it so you can load up multiplayer and hop into both custom and ladder matches without getting stuck with retarded AI's or ppl randomly disconnecting left and right...

That is when they should expect ppl not to pirate and expect people to buy the software.

April 24, 2009 10:33:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for stealing our game. We're glad you liked it and decided to then buy it. We were hoping that our hard work would pay off and if it wasn't too much trouble hoped you'd actually pay for it. You can now go to heaven.

cheers

Dev Team

April 25, 2009 2:49:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting FooFooJam,

Amazon.com

Single song purchases

99 cents

It told me to go away because I'm not in America.  Am I doing something wrong?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time: