Stardock, is this really your way to handle criticism?

If so, it is rather poor. :(

By on April 24, 2009 2:56:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kryo-VoW

Join Date 04/2009

http://myvowclan.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3185&d=1240594431

well you can read, what we wrote.

Basically, Zock and me have the opinion, that GPGnet is working better than Impulse/Demigod-System. This was all we had said in this chat.

Then Frogboy, who I would have thought to be a qualified employee of Stardock, just insulted us, and few seconds later, we both were banned from chat and still are.

Is this how you cannot even say your opinion in a chat? this is really.. rather ridiculous to me. I really am thinking about, if I still want to buy and support this game, after my demo key runs out.

Arguments of GPGnet being better in current state than impulse are plenty. I can list them, if you want.

Still.. i think banning us for saying something criticising... is a way too much.

Thank you for your time.

Locked Post 136 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2009 6:34:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RiskbreakerRiot,
If Frogboy really said that then he is the real idiot. You can't insult your clients like that.
You can when they are and you can afford it. Another different thing is when you cannot afford to b.slap them with the truth they deserve. Some people thinks that because they are the clients (when they truly are...), they're always right and/or deserve some kind of special rights. Lucky Frogboy who can speak his mind.

April 24, 2009 6:35:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

khemintiri i hope i never run into you at the airport you work at

or mayby i do

haha

April 24, 2009 6:37:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cut the man some slack, he has been working on this product for years a pair of know-nothing yahoos decide to start telling everyone who doesn't cover their ears that they know how to make a better game. I would have responded the same way. If you go to Bill Gates and tell him that Macs > PCs, he will thank you for sharing and say GTFO.

April 24, 2009 6:37:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Not at all. But it is okay to treat a customer the way the customer treats them. It is a very stupid social phenomenon that the "customer is always right" which means the customer can berate an official without any reprocussions.

Frogboy, and all of Stardock, treat people with the same respect people show them. Frogboy himself has seen many arguments and debates on the forums and IRC and participated in plenty. He doesn't make a habbit of calling people idiots for nothing, but if you're an ass you should expect him to call you out on being an ass.

I don't doubt that Frogboy is a reasonable person. He seems likeable and I love seeing all the updates. He's obviously very dedicated to his customers. I think calling a customer an idiot is overboard, regardless of how true it is. In this case, I think it was way overboard. VoW was hardly berating him by giving a sarcastic answer. I've worked customer service too, and I would get in trouble for even warning a customer about something like that. Calling him an idiot might get me fired.

So yeah, I don't think that was okay for Frogboy, regardless of the circumstances. But I do understand why he did, and am not upset about it.

This 'treat others as they treat you' philosophy is just impractical. You'd be spending too much of your time being a total jackass if that were the case.

For the majority of the posters here, I think they have a huge double standard. If they were to complain about some other game's service, make a sarcastic comment, and get insulted/banned, they would probably be more irate and less reasonable than VoW is being right now.

April 24, 2009 6:38:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Basically, Zock and me have the opinion, that GPGnet is working better than Impulse/Demigod-System. This was all we had said in this chat.

...and what if I said my Dad is better than your Dad? A rather mild insult, but an insult nonetheless. technically you started it

Constructive critisim is one thing, just saying their game is bad in their chat is asking for trouble.

April 24, 2009 6:41:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After the amount of stress and shit people have been giving Frogboy I can hardly blame him.

If he is reacting like that it just shows how hard he must working on the game, because it takes A LOT of working to get that stressed.

April 24, 2009 6:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RiskbreakerRiot,

Quoting Xinoxlx,
reply 13

...and nothing of value was lost. If something this small caused you to "not buy it" you probably weren't going to buy it in the first place.

As someone who's worked in retail the customer is always wrong. Morons like the OP need to realize that you don't have the big picture, you don't know why they used a new internet system and personally wouldn't want to explain it to him with what he said.

Considering abysmal sales, every unit counts. A business cares about all customers, which is why they are always right. You possibly work packing groceries and always say your customer is wrong, but no one cares because you are a bag boy. I have never heard of a ceo stupid enough to insult someone in a form of media which can be so easily recorded. 

I wanted to support Stardock because I thought they cared about the players. I was still prepared to buy the game even with reports of bad system performance, horrible multiplayer connectivity, imbalanced gameplay, deficient single player etc etc because customer service means a lot. But it seems Stardock fails in that department, so I am glad this was revealed before I wasted my money. 

Actually, truthfully, you don't care about all customers. There are a select few customers that you want to get rid off and some customers that you want to keep happy. Generally, you are nice to both, however, things can arise that can make it go to another level. After a period of times doing customer support, you understand how to respond to certain aspects. Some customers don't want everything sugar coated. Some customers want to hear everthing is fine and alright. Some customers like you to talk to them like normal human beings and strike up conversations with and you got to ask them about the family and so on.

You respond back to how they want to be responded to. Some cases, if you are in a bad situation, you might have to raise your voice to put your point across. In some cases, it's better to just sit there and take it and move on. It really depends on the situation on a case to case basis.

For all we know, that was a conversation that had been going for a long period of time and the conversation had been beaten to death and people wouldn't listen and needed that written slap in the face.

April 24, 2009 6:44:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting khemintiri,

dont talk about things you dont know , mcdonalds generation heh , as many has said customers aint always right and theyre not allowed to threat me like shit just because they misunderstood something or because they have an idea of how it would run "smoother" like in this case . they never listen , use foul words .

And you have no right to treat them like shit just because they are sarcastic and you are easily offended. Shrug. It goes both ways, and both parties have to be reasonable.

April 24, 2009 6:51:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If frogboy walked up to you and slapped you in the face most of you would just take it like a b*tch because he is the mighty frogboy. 

April 24, 2009 6:52:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To answer the question: Yes, if someone's being an idiot on IRC, I reserve the right to call them on it. 

Someone spending the better part of an hour ranting on IRC about things they know nothing about is obnoxious.

I'd rather lose sales than take abuse.

April 24, 2009 6:54:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys,

Not defending either party here but I think we're forgetting that everyone in that screenshot is human. 

When cut-off in traffic I have slipped once or twice and dropped the F-bomb with my 2yr old son in the back seat...people often say or do things they regret or wish they could do over. 

I'd take the sum of Frogboy's posts, videos, and journals and then make your judgement.  A snapshot of one moment/post/statement/action in time could make anyone look bad...including myself and everyone else on this planet that has a heartbeat.

My $.02 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001937   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.