The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nerf The Beta Testers

By on April 24, 2009 1:19:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cause obviously all you guys who have played for a week have so much insight in every Demigod and you have tried almost every possible build with them.  Have the insight to say what needs to be nerfed maybe you should all practice for about a month and we will see who really needs some balance tweaks.

Because that is all we need are tweaks not huge nerfs.

Remember it does take knowledge and skill to play the game and you that are whining about nerfs need more of both.

+12 Karma | 20 Replies
April 24, 2009 1:23:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only thing worse than nerf cries are posts calling out people for nerf cries.

April 24, 2009 1:26:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I support this request.  Now, get ready for the flaming

April 24, 2009 1:27:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea its really not clever to making nerf/buff threads after playing Demigod for JUST over one week...For ANY game this is true.

April 24, 2009 1:31:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think this thread has made me laugh most today I agree ppl are calling for way to much way to soon before the game has even gotten stable with multiplayer. I can image there is alot of ppl that haven't had a decent playing experience yet. How can ppl call for nerfs before they have played at least say 100 games and thats just putting an abritrary figure on something that really only skill and experience will dictate per an individual.

April 24, 2009 1:48:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just make everyone win, that should sort it out.

April 24, 2009 1:49:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[sarcasm]Could some please nerf all other players.   I am slow and everyone else is too fast.   I make bad item decisions and I don't know what is the optimal order for buying things.  So to make sure the game is fair, please nerf player response speed.   I was in the beta, so its obvious that if I lose, we have to nerf it...[/sarcasm]

Honestly, I have lost equally to all manner of players, and have won a few times (emphasis on few).   For me, there seems to be a great amount of balance (everyone can equally humilliate me )

April 24, 2009 1:55:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, you'll notice they call for nerfs just AFTER they have lost.  Now here is the utter loonacy of it:  If they had been playing the EXACT same game, the only difference being they were playing with the DG they said needs nerfing, and won, they would have never said a word; probably wrote "great game" in the forums after that. 

April 24, 2009 2:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggest one thing, learn to play a single demigod, get good at it.  Then follow through and play the rest.  See what works from other demigods by observing your enemies and allies.

April 24, 2009 2:13:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please nerf the graphics as those with high-end systems can see super-secret animations and know exactly when to stun me!!!

/signed and karma for horseradish

April 24, 2009 2:18:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know the point he is trying to make. People are ignoring the nerf and balance the game is going to need. The game will never be 100% balanced and at the moment it is not balanced enough. There are to many noticeable unbalanced issues that shouldn't be ignored and considered as whine or ignorance.

April 24, 2009 2:36:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the game is very, very balanced

April 24, 2009 2:38:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ralsar,
I think the game is very, very balanced

Really? So Oak late game sitting in my base munching on 3 demigods, full wave of spawns (not giants) and taking little to no damage? Right...

April 24, 2009 2:50:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nerf EVERYTHING PLZ

April 24, 2009 3:04:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TravCarp,

Quoting Ralsar, reply 11I think the game is very, very balanced

Really? So Oak late game sitting in my base munching on 3 demigods, full wave of spawns (not giants) and taking little to no damage? Right...

And you have no one to blame but you and your team for letting him feed off of you.

April 24, 2009 3:34:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah some threads even basically say "I've played for 2 days and I think ___ is overpowered!".

It's quite funny.

Quoting TravCarp,

Well oak is definitely the best right now.

April 24, 2009 3:38:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, last night I saw two things in the same game.

First thing, an unclean beast attacks both me and my teammate at our base as we are both standing right next to our regen crystal.  Stupid move, right?  Well, we both sat there and wailed on him for God knows how long (maybe 30 straight seconds?) while we were getting healed the entire time.  He didn't care, he just continued to fight us.  After he got bored he started to teleport out.  I hit mass charm with erebus, trying to interrupt him.  He teleported out anyway, but heck he had half his hit points still left.  Oh, this wasn't an endgame situation where we were already owned and were about to lose.  That's what was crazy about it.  If we hadn't been standing right on top of our regen crystal, he would have slaughtered both of us.

Second thing, his teammate (a rook) just pops in and starts rampaging through our base big time.  I was surprised because he totally ignored towers even though they were wailing on him.  We both jumped on him and tried to drive him out.  I bit him like 3 straight times, but when I moused over his hit points, THEY WERE GOING UP the entire time we were hitting him and the towers were hitting him.  In other words, his regen or whatever the heck he had, could overpower towers plus two demis wailing on him.  Towards the end of this battle he wound up for a hammer slam.  I again hit mass charm, thinking that would interrupt (as in the case of the teleporting unclean beast).  Again, it didn't do anything, the hammer crashed down, and I died.  I messaged him and said "I stunned you - how could you hammer slam me?"  He said "you didn't stun me, I stunned you."  I said "of course - after your hammer dropped!  but I stunned you before you dropped it... I saw your minions stun."  He just said "I dunno."  The weird thing is, he was totally our same level (level 10 or 11 from what  I can recall).

April 24, 2009 3:53:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Agent of Kharma,

First thing, an unclean beast attacks both me and my teammate at our base as we are both standing right next to our regen crystal.  Stupid move, right?  Well, we both sat there and wailed on him for God knows how long (maybe 30 straight seconds?) while we were getting healed the entire time.  He didn't care, he just continued to fight us.  After he got bored he started to teleport out.  I hit mass charm with erebus, trying to interrupt him.  He teleported out anyway, but heck he had half his hit points still left.  Oh, this wasn't an endgame situation where we were already owned and were about to lose.  That's what was crazy about it.  If we hadn't been standing right on top of our regen crystal, he would have slaughtered both of us.

Second thing, his teammate (a rook) just pops in and starts rampaging through our base big time.  I was surprised because he totally ignored towers even though they were wailing on him.  We both jumped on him and tried to drive him out.  I bit him like 3 straight times, but when I moused over his hit points, THEY WERE GOING UP the entire time we were hitting him and the towers were hitting him.  In other words, his regen or whatever the heck he had, could overpower towers plus two demis wailing on him.  Towards the end of this battle he wound up for a hammer slam.  I again hit mass charm, thinking that would interrupt (as in the case of the teleporting unclean beast).  Again, it didn't do anything, the hammer crashed down, and I died.  I messaged him and said "I stunned you - how could you hammer slam me?"  He said "you didn't stun me, I stunned you."  I said "of course - after your hammer dropped!  but I stunned you before you dropped it... I saw your minions stun."  He just said "I dunno."  The weird thing is, he was totally our same level (level 10 or 11 from what  I can recall).

If you do not upgrade your towers a lot of characters can camp in your base

April 24, 2009 4:26:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TravCarp,

Yes.  The game has to end. 

If he's doing that then some the following are also true:

1. He's way higher level than you.
  2. He's killed more demigod than you and in turn has more gold than you.  More gold = kick ass gear/weapons.
  3. He's a better player than you -or- your teammates.
  4. He out played you early/middle game.

If FED (I.E. You allow a demigod to kill other demigods over and over, they will get powerful fast due to being able to purchase powerful gear).  This in turn speeds the game up and a winner is declared... time to start a new game.

April 24, 2009 4:28:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you do not upgrade your towers a lot of characters can camp in your base

I is not a nooblar, I do upgrade Citadel.

April 24, 2009 4:30:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Agent of Kharma,

At the end of the game, how many more kills did he have?  Look at the gold, how much more gold did he have than you?

I suspect that he had more of both, which means he most likely had some crazy good armor/regen -or- he had lots of Life Steal via something like Mage Slayer (8000g, +45 Weapon damage, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Life Steal).  I know when I pick that up, you attack so fast and do so much damage that combined with good regen it can be very hard to kill that person.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.