The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Video Status Report [Day 7]

By on April 23, 2009 4:04:42 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

[Video Status report]

For those of you who are interested in what is happening, what things we’re looking to do, here’s a video where I walk around and ask some of the key people on the Stardock side of things what they’re doing to keep improving the Demigod player experience.

+912 Karma | 67 Replies
April 24, 2009 3:20:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lemmingjesus,
It's like twenty minutes long. There's only so much compression can do before you're unable to see the face of the person speaking.
Yeah, but a Flash Stream would be more convenient

April 24, 2009 7:46:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On a personal note--Pat--you sure look a lot different than when you were 19 at our Microworld days!!! LOL. I guess we all do.

Hey Marv! Yes, I've gained a little weight and the hair has gone grey and is thinning.  And it's been so long since I've seen you I doubt that I would recognize you if we bumped into each other on the street.

April 24, 2009 7:57:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We need more of those video journals

Would like to see some discussion rounds etc.

April 24, 2009 8:50:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Big kudos to you guys!

I really like the way you are handling the problems, DRM, communication, ...

I can imagine the long hours the whole team is doing to get everything running smoothly.

You have my respect!

April 24, 2009 10:09:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is awsome!  Keep it up Stardock and frogboy!

April 24, 2009 11:24:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This was great, very intresting, hope to see more of these videos!

April 24, 2009 11:39:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

More of this. You guys are a seriously sympathetic bunch of people.

April 24, 2009 11:43:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Amaroth,
I honestly want a Frogboy demigod. A half frog-man thing would by funny, and well deserved.

Yeah, with an epic jump-ability! "WRARH-rippit!"

Wow...if you guys do this, feeding us videos from the meetings and such...that's love right in your pockets. Then the community can really, for once, truly be engaged in the composition of new heroes, items and the gameplay in general. And of course, new game modes. Man, if we can work together to compile a strong set of game-modes, the online experience will be through the roof! But I'll hold it in until you're past the first code-bumps

April 24, 2009 3:57:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn, the first person he spoke to looked so badly put on the spot.

April 24, 2009 3:59:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really enjoyed that! It was quite shocking though to discover that you are almost... like well you know... normal people...

How do you manage to put out such great games?

April 24, 2009 4:11:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I liked it, thanks for the video.

It certainly took off some frustration over the connection issue.

April 27, 2009 11:53:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've just realized Frogboy reminds me insanely of my O-chem professor. That's just scary.

April 28, 2009 5:59:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.  

I just worry you'll get sick of seeing these posts.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES please, game design and balance is fascinating to me (call me sad) and would be nice to help modders and others more effectively create content.

May 5, 2009 7:51:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm new to Stardock (thanks my bf for getting me addicted...lol), but from what I've seen so far (and heard) I have real respect for you and what Stardock is doing.

Keep it up.

May 5, 2009 8:59:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.  

Most Amazing Idea ever, We love seeing this it gives us satisfaction to know the developer and publisher care so much about the community

May 5, 2009 2:45:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Quoting Frogboy,

Most Amazing Idea ever, We love seeing this it gives us satisfaction to know the developer and publisher care so much about the community

exactly! Since when do we ever see a CEO of ANY company actually get down and dirty with the masses? It's so awesome!

May 5, 2009 4:30:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+ For this thread, sad i didnt notice it ealier

Wow, this were really cool to see stardock still having some sense of humor when it goes bad

This is like the first publisher doing something like this and are so open, can only have the deepest respect for these guys

Ive seen you Yarlen, took me 2 years to FINALLY see you

Whats with Zoomba, scared of the camera?

LOL some good humor

Quoting Frogboy,

Please continue, its very interresting to hear what you guys have to say, its alot more entertaining to see you guys duke it out

oh and one last thing, Danish ADSL user

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000891   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.