The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

People who have used Monks Fix

By on April 22, 2009 11:06:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is for anyone who has followed Monks guide to getting Demigod to work online. Let's all get on each others friends lists so we have a better chance of getting a good solid game. Please feel free to add me to your impulse friends list. My username is Smi77y. Also if anyone has a good vent server let me know and maybe we can all meet up there to make things easier when joining games.

Don't know if my idea will help or not. But if were all running our firewalls and routers correct maybe we will have a game like it's supposed to be ran!

0 Karma | 3 Replies
April 22, 2009 11:13:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

me.... I've used it!          (although I would hesitate to call it a "fix"...It's just some network configuration info)   Keep in mind, it will also help playing with people in the same geographic region!

Anyone who would like to beat the pants off of me (not literally of course...lol) feel free to add me to your friends-lists.  I'll be more than happy to oblige being the next win for you!  hehe

Oh, and I would be happy to make my own personal (or our clan-server) TeamSpeak available to the public for use with Demigod.   I will update this post with TEAMSPEAK server login info as it becomes available...

the Monk

April 23, 2009 11:40:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After going through Monks pdf on opening some things up on the router, I immediately played 2 games with at least 4 people all the way to the end, no one got kicked!

There were troubles with people coming in and not connecting, so it took maybe 15 minutes, give or take, to get a game started. But it definitely seems to have helped. However the patch may have had a part in a slightly improved online experience. Who knows, but that you Monk.

Monk helped me out only to get taken down last night!

April 23, 2009 2:32:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Smi77y,

Monk helped me out only to get taken down last night!

I told you guys I was a noob!       I know networking....not much else..hehe

Either way, I appreciated the game and hopefully I'll learn from that sound spanking....hehe    I'm in the process of working out the details to have a TeamSpeak server setup for community use.  I'll post the details once I have them...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.