The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rock paper scissors or all equal?

By on April 22, 2009 11:22:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In light of balance issues being discussed amongst the various classes my question is, is Demigod supposed to have a rock paper scissors approach such that some classes are naturally better against others or are all supposed to have an equal chance against one another? If its rock paper scissors then we need to know who is supposed to go against whom such as assassins against other assassins and generals against other generals etc. Otherwise if its all supposed to be perfectly balanced then were in for a long MMORPG style "buff me, nerf them" road.

+1 Karma | 2 Replies
April 22, 2009 11:31:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some are slightly better against certain demigods (builds rather) than others, but I don't think it's an intended RPS mechanic. Generally DG can hold their own against anybody. Yes there are "X is OP" threads about all DGs already.

April 22, 2009 11:30:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's both, as each demigod/assassin has several different tech trees they can choose to go down, some tech trees work better than others, and on top of that there's always citadel as a back up strategy. Don't underestimate the power of the citadel.

There may be some demigods who have slight advantage over others, but not significantly enough to the point where a good player can't adapt their strategy to counter.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.