The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

unable to create direct3d error

By on April 22, 2009 1:00:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

fineMMX

Join Date 04/2009

tried almost every solution found in the forums

how can I solve this problem?

Had the same problem with supreme commander a few years back(game required the vertical resolution to be at least 768 if I recall) which turned out to be a lost cause

hope it's not the same with this game. Been waiting for demigod since it was announced. So, if it's a resolution problem again then someone please kill me!

WinXP
Nvidia 8800gt
driver ver 182.06

Current Mode: 1280x720 60hz

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 22, 2009 1:10:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what resolution are you playing at? 8800gt should not be giving this error.

April 22, 2009 1:11:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reinstall DirectX? (can d/l from microsoft)

Update video drivers?

April 22, 2009 5:07:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1280x720

Note:I was unable to run supreme commander with this same res.

April 22, 2009 5:45:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you be more specific as to which solutions you have tried?  You may have missed something but I can't know.

Did you delete your Game.prefs file?  Do you even have one?  Did you try editing your resolution in there manually?

April 22, 2009 7:44:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- First I don't have the game.prefs probably because I didn't even start playing yet

- I also started looking into the webcam issue but I don't have A webcam

- Tried updating directx

- Tried rolling back nvidia drivers (read about it a while ago, it worked for the guy so I figured give it a try)

- After rolling back failed, I updated it to the latest which was 182.50 I think for geforce cards.

- Also tried clicking the exe directly without using the shorcut

April 22, 2009 11:31:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod also requires a minimum vertical resolution of 768px (it uses a modified Moho engine). That is the source of your problem.

April 22, 2009 2:30:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
Demigod also requires a minimum vertical resolution of 768px (it uses a modified Moho engine). That is the source of your problem.

Is there a way to work around it? I mean this is starting to become a trend with recent GPG games. It's like telling me I can't buy anymore games from GPG, this is really annoying because I've been keeping tabs on Demigod ever since it had been announced.

Note: for some reason when I turned on my computer and looked into the demigod folder in my documents and found the game.prefs file. I opened it and messed around a bit, found the line that has something to do with the resolution I think and I got it to run but only up to the intro videos then black, nothing. That has to count for something.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: