The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

CTF Mode?

By on April 21, 2009 9:16:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

According to the recorded sounds in the DG directory, a CTF mode is possible in a near future.

There's no doubt when you hear the announcer saying : " Forces of darkness have lost the flag "

That will be a nice addition to the gameplay !

+2 Karma | 11 Replies
April 21, 2009 9:29:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's already a CTF game mode: Domination.

Capturing flags increases the rate of gain of war points, first side to hit the required number wins.

April 21, 2009 9:30:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think he means run into the enemey base and snag there flag then run it back for points.

April 21, 2009 9:37:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Undead_are_here,
I think he means run into the enemey base and snag there flag then run it back for points.

Yup exactly.

April 21, 2009 9:45:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They planned to have this in at some point but I guess it got taken out :/

I've been asking for it though...Would be way cool...

April 21, 2009 9:59:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it would definitely be interesting to try it out.

April 21, 2009 10:04:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh, I dunno, something like that would have to be pretty stripped of game features.

- You couldn't have any towers since going into the enemy base early is suicide.

- Most citadel upgrades would become unimportant, save for the -death penalty and possibly +exp gained.

- It would naturally be skewed towards fast/support Demigods. Beast, Sedna, QoT, Oak. Beast gets very fast and has high health regen. Sedna is fast and heals/silences, QoT has Bramble Shield, Oak has Shield.

It'd go something like this: UB, Oak, Sedna get to enemy base. Oak shields UB who runs to grab the flag (assuming flag would disable invuln as that would be common sense). UB has stacked +movement speed equip/favor item/wand. Sedna AoE silences, UB runs away.

You wouldn't need any other demigods

April 21, 2009 10:08:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys chck out the 3 NEW GAME MODES thread! It already contains CtF as well as Assault and King of the hill! (more modes will become available as I think them up).

He he

-ShadowMastiff2468-

April 21, 2009 10:10:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think some Demi gods would be better defenders over attacks. Regulus i can see as being a prime defender with mines and his slows.

April 21, 2009 11:36:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ Annatar - I'd probably focus CTF on the Prison, Cataract, and Leviathan maps.

1.  The flag replaces the Valor Flag on these maps, which while protected is accessible at level 5 or so

2.  Citadel upgrades will remain important in all sorts of ways.  For example you will want to upgrade your grunts because you can use them to cover your retreat, you will want to upgrade your tower offense to mess up any carriers who come close, and we *finally* have an application for upgrading death timer

3.  Every DG we are playing with could have a role in CTF mode.  Rook isn't fast but he'd make an excellent flag guard with his towers, etc.  TB and Reg and UB are good interceptors/carriers.  The Generals will be great midfielders regardless of build.

4.  Your team making it out with the flag would be just the beginning, imo - still have to make it back home again.  A smart team would wait til all the shields had procced and then intercept mid...(we'd have to introduce a mechanism for shields like we have for stuns - shield immunity would prevent a chain of Oak shields from one base to the other - we probably need this anyway.  Have you ever played a team of 5 shield Oaks?  Neither have I.  And I never want to ^^)

5.  The game modes we have are decent but the only one with lingering depth for me is Conquest.  Slaughter is dynamic but you are rewarded for killing anybody - make it a game of 9 Ball/Assassin and it would be far more interesting.  Domination is too static.  CTF would introduce crazy complex and engaging gameplay and really push our limits as players.

April 21, 2009 1:45:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CTF mode

Tower Wars mode

win

April 21, 2009 2:34:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They will be made reality OCNE WE GET THE DAMN FORGE TOOLS lol!

Anyone have an estimate on when we might get them (taking in consideration of course the current multiplayer crisis of some )

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.