The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Rook – LEGO Version!

By on April 21, 2009 8:41:07 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

This is just cool, way cool!  Adrian, who is part of the team over at Neoseeker.com has created a LEGO version of Demigod’s ‘Rook’.  Adrian is also part of the Vancouver LEGO club, where I’m sure the Rook will be the envy of the club.

Rook_01

Mard
+460 Karma | 24 Replies
April 21, 2009 8:49:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe, not bad .

April 21, 2009 8:50:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's pretty friggin' awesome...oh how I miss playing legos as a kid

Fun Fact: Konami used Legos to help design their levels in Metal Gear Solid 2.

April 21, 2009 8:51:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the smiley skull face!

Edit: Since half of this thread is about the Rook, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckA1LUCaUNE is worth a mention

April 21, 2009 9:44:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice.

April 21, 2009 10:26:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I miss legos too....but me and my roommate were joking of bringing them next year haha

Now, let's see if he can make the queen of thorns...

April 21, 2009 10:31:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think I could make a fuller one but it wouldn't be all multicoloured. Also I think I'd be trouble if I brought out my lego crate from the attic!

April 21, 2009 10:43:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats is great ... thanks for posting it.

April 21, 2009 11:12:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome!

April 21, 2009 2:10:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROOK IS RIGGED.  NERF PLZ.

(just joking around =D)

April 21, 2009 2:57:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LEGOs are win and awesome in physical form.

(Is it a bad thing that I have almost completely figured out how to build it just by studying it for less than 20 seconds?)

April 21, 2009 8:00:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(Is it a bad thing that I have almost completely figured out how to build it just by studying it for less than 20 seconds?)

Yeah dude!! Geez get a life!!

Haha jk jk jk....I love Legos and I'm sure half the world does too so it's all good

April 21, 2009 9:27:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dude, thats amazing

April 21, 2009 9:47:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that's cool, do one summoning towers

April 21, 2009 10:18:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love it

Mike

April 21, 2009 11:11:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can you see the guy in the rook?  like in the real demigod rook model?

April 21, 2009 11:39:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Adrian here. Glad everybody's getting a kick out of the big guy.

He was fun to build and I had just barely enough pieces (ok, ok, I borrowed a few from the kids...) for all the joints and such.

I doubt he'll be doing any breakdancing, but I'm mucking about with posing him and what I can do with the hammer. More pics, including joint details and proof that I actually managed to get those knee-bits done, will be appearing in my NeoSeeker photostream soon I'm sure.

Cheers,

Adrian

April 22, 2009 10:05:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NEEDS STICKING FOR AWESOME>!

April 22, 2009 11:07:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not to go otaku, but holy crap that thing looks so much like something out of Gurren Lagann (or possibly soul eater). Anyway great job! Lego replicas never cease to amaze me.

April 22, 2009 1:48:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not bad; not bad at all!

However, it does look like a dark version of The Rook...

Fun fact: "Rook" is from the Arabic word for the chesspiece, which is derived from the Persian word for the chesspiece. Its ultimate origin is not clear, though it could be from the Indian word for the piece, "rut, " which comes from the Hindi word "rath," meaning chariot.

April 22, 2009 5:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fun fact: "Rook" is from the Arabic word for the chesspiece, which is derived from the Persian word for the chesspiece. Its ultimate origin is not clear, though it could be from the Indian word for the piece, "rut, " which comes from the Hindi word "rath," meaning chariot.

Well, to hold up with the traditions, shouldn't the Rook only be able to go straight and sideways...diagonal is a no-no.

And then that means Bishops should only be able to move diagonally (zig-zag)!!!

(jk:))

April 23, 2009 4:00:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, since this is a Rook thread, I suggest we post any painted versions of the collector's edition model

Mai Rook :3

April 23, 2009 4:09:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Darn it!  I thought this was a Chess thread....

April 23, 2009 7:04:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I've never, ever, seen a better and more epic LEGO piece. And I've seen the Death Star out of LEGOs.

May 7, 2009 8:46:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only a Lego version of the Queen of Thorns would be able to top this one.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.