The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Different player name than login name

By on April 20, 2009 5:29:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Popsmear

Join Date 04/2009

My player name (Popsmeared) is what I originally set up when I downloaded Demigod. During the 0 Day Hoopla I then changed it to Popsmear. I log in the multiplayer with Popsmear. My account on here is Popsmear. However when I am in a game it defaults back to "Popsmeared".

It also does not save a single game I have played other than the first one before I changed my name.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/search/player/popsmear

This is effecting my achievements, favor points and everything.  I know everything will be reset for Epoch 1 but is this going to fix my name issue? What can I do to gget this taken care of.

Thanks.

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 21, 2009 12:22:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump - I have the same issue.

Created with name "A" renamed to "B", when I log I can use "B", but in game, it says "A"

April 21, 2009 12:25:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a known bug and is on the list to be fixed.

April 21, 2009 8:10:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there a post with known bugs in it? I might have missed it. Thanks for the reply!

April 27, 2009 10:45:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am still experiencing this issue. I changed my account name this weekend and as of this evening it is still showing my old account name online.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Aethyn

April 28, 2009 10:18:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Popsmear,
Is there a post with known bugs in it? I might have missed it. Thanks for the reply!

I really wish they would throw a Known Issues post up - it would help people who are posting repeated things over and over, and let us know they know about them.

April 28, 2009 10:25:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I changed my account name on day0.  It has successfully changed in game.   It took a while but it happened.  I didn't do anything special.

April 28, 2009 8:28:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I changed my account name on day0. It has successfully changed in game. It took a while but it happened. I didn't do anything special.

Reports from the devs is that this should change by itself after about 24 hours.  This time may or not be accurate, but there should be updates made that should address this "lag".  Biggest issue at this time is the networking issues, which are getting priority.

In the mean time a workaround is to instead of changing your account name you can create a completely new account and then transfer your registrations to the new account with the tool below:

http://stardock.com/support/registrations/

Keep in mind this is an all or nothing operation, and will transfer ALL registrations, not just Demigod.

UPDATE (4/29): There were some bugs found today in the database job that should be changing the user names.  These should soon be addressed.

April 30, 2009 6:20:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the update!

-Aeth

May 2, 2009 11:00:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been waiting over a week now for my change to get reflected.

May 2, 2009 10:13:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just tried the name changed again today, still not working for me, it has not been since beta. Any more updates will be welcome.

May 3, 2009 10:53:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still have this problem too, it is not fixed yet.

May 5, 2009 5:03:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How abut... not using LOGIN / USERNAME in multiplayer to begin with.... There are two things that keep your account safe... the login name and the password... this stupid setup is giving them 50% of the information.   And considering the login name is connected to EVERY OTHER purchase made on impulse this is unreasonable.   Please require a custom/unique username to be created and used for demigod and ladder play.

May 5, 2009 9:11:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Creating a new account and transfering registration still didnt work for me, kept showing old name in game. This is what I did and it worked for me,

Once you change your name using the My Account up top in forums, go to your documents > My Games > Gas Powered Games > Demigod folder and open up ImplulseReactor file using word, replace the old nickname everywhere you see it with the new one and save the file.

Hope this helps, this was under Vista.

May 6, 2009 11:26:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MysticBlade,
Creating a new account and transfering registration still didnt work for me, kept showing old name in game. This is what I did and it worked for me,

Once you change your name using the My Account up top in forums, go to your documents > My Games > Gas Powered Games > Demigod folder and open up ImplulseReactor file using word, replace the old nickname everywhere you see it with the new one and save the file.

Hope this helps, this was under Vista.

That... doesn't make much sense. That's just a log file.

None the less, I tried it, no go.

May 6, 2009 12:15:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting cvgordy,
How abut... not using LOGIN / USERNAME in multiplayer to begin with.... There are two things that keep your account safe... the login name and the password... this stupid setup is giving them 50% of the information.   And considering the login name is connected to EVERY OTHER purchase made on impulse this is unreasonable.   Please require a custom/unique username to be created and used for demigod and ladder play.

Absolutely. This was a silly mistake.  We should be able to create a stardock account and then create a profile or game name.

Hopefully with the other MAJOR issues being addressed this will get some attention.

-Aeth

May 7, 2009 4:32:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We've had an update on our end that should fix the issue, please log into Demigod and check your username to see if it has been updated.  If you've changed your username recently, please give it 24 hours to update in the server.

May 7, 2009 10:44:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That did it. Awesome, thanks.

May 7, 2009 11:58:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Issue has been resolved for my account.

Thank you.

-Jim

May 8, 2009 1:22:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed for me as well.  Thank you.

May 8, 2009 7:29:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great to hear things are working for you guys!  If anyone is still having issues with their username, you should drop us an email at [email protected]

May 17, 2009 8:20:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, just changed my nickname, I would be interested to know how long must it take to change it IG ? Thanks

May 17, 2009 12:17:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you've changed your username recently, please give it 24 hours to update in the server.

From my post above...

If it has been well over 24 hours without changing, then drop us an email at [email protected], and we'll take a look at it for you. 

June 16, 2009 12:18:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think having the username/login name the same is a good idea. If you have a strong password there is little worry of getting your account hacked. The main reason behind this is keeping unwanted players from being able to switch names. Hopefully we can get a program like banlist going for this game in the near future. A game like this needs a way to track unwanted players.

June 16, 2009 3:55:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hopefully we can get a program like banlist going for this game in the near future. A game like this needs a way to track unwanted players.

I believe this is on the list of features to be implemented in future builds.  It is at least on the requests list.

June 16, 2009 3:57:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe this is on the list of features to be implemented in future builds. It is at least on the requests list.

That is my understanding as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001000   Page Render Time: